PDA

View Full Version : Which Controller?

Davidjazzman12
12-10-2002, 08:46 PM
This Christmas im gona get another Xbox controller. I now have the regular one, and i like it, its fine. But I know there is a small xbox controller out there 2. (ive played with it)
Which do you guys prefer better?

l Maximus l
12-10-2002, 08:54 PM
Well...it depends on what YOU like...

But, in my opinion, I like the original controller better...it's only because I'm used to it. I would prefer the S-type (that's the name of the smaller controller) if I had that one to begin with.

In my situation, I have four of the original controllers and can't justify spending the money to switch to all S-types just to do the same thing...and, besides...I'm very used to the original.

Anyway, thanks for reading my scripted babble :D

Ultron-9
12-10-2002, 09:00 PM
I recently got a s-controller, but prefer the larger controller for most of my games.

I like the s-controller's d-pad and button placement for Mortal Kombat, but its back to the original for all others.

Davidjazzman12
12-10-2002, 09:03 PM
aight thanx guys ya i was planning on gettin the regular its just i remember ppl makin all this racket about how big the regular is and its horrible but its perfectly fine so im just gona stick with it

siayajin
12-10-2002, 09:06 PM
S controller came bundled with my xbox and that's all I've ever used. Can't really see myself using the old school controller since I'm so used to the S. I also have 3 other S controllers for the multi-player games, keep everything equal and comfy.

Cloud Strife
12-11-2002, 06:09 PM
I like the S-Controller better for fighing games and platformers. I like the regular controller for racing games and action games.

Whisper
12-11-2002, 06:54 PM
there is nothing wrong with the regular controller. it was slapped with the 'big' tag buy haters of the XBOX. They couldnt say anything bad about our hardware so they insult our prehiphrials(sp?)

nothing wrong with it.

KrazYWind
12-11-2002, 07:03 PM
I thank u stay with the regular becuase i got use to it my self and im likeing it.

ARONO129
12-11-2002, 07:48 PM
I've tried both and they are both good. I like the S Controller slightly better because it's smaller and the buttons are spaced out better. This is better for me when I play my sports games.

Kraft
12-11-2002, 07:54 PM
There are some games that the S-Controller works better for. Personally the regular controller feels nicer in my hands, but in some sports games, the white and black buttons are used a lot and they are in a much more convenient place on the S-Type.

Professor Kaos
12-11-2002, 08:27 PM
I use the S for every game i own, I have 3 S's (2 Jap. Limited edition) and 1 Original. Whenever we have lan parties you would usually give the 3rd party controler to the person you dislike the most, well i give the Original to that person

laughs
12-11-2002, 10:09 PM
I like the regular one.....for some reason though it gets a bad rap:confused:

SPARTAN VI
12-11-2002, 11:05 PM
The original. The S is just not comfortable, feels too small. The original his the perfect fit for my hands and TheCovenant's. But, Koopa, something is wrong with him...:confused: :confused:

Cloud Strife
12-12-2002, 08:13 AM
I am quite surpirsed that a lot of people liked the original. Microsoft released the smaller controller because people would say that the Xbox controller was too big for their hands. I know ten people who didn't buy an Xbox last year because of the controller.:mad: Idiots.;)

Zion
12-12-2002, 08:26 AM
The original controller fits in my hands better, but it's sharp, gouge-straight-to-the-thumb-bone buttons make it unuseable.

If they would make the buttons on the original just like the buttons on the S, you'd have the greatest controller in the history of gaming right there.

AcidJazz
12-12-2002, 08:55 AM
Prefer S one...

ShannonX
12-12-2002, 08:59 AM
i prefer the original also. But i like the d-pad and button layout on the new one. I wish they would create a "large" controller with the s-controllers' button layout. Oh well, they never will so what can you do.

Nato King
12-12-2002, 09:00 AM
I would have to say Regular Controller man. I just feel like a Regular guy so I should have a Regular Controller.:) hehehe

Cloud Strife
12-26-2002, 04:44 PM
I just got an Xbox Controller S this christmas and these are my impressions. I feel that the regular controler has better grips but I definately prefer the Controller S. I have small hands so it makes it easier. The button placement is much better and it has the best D-pad ever made. The controller seemed to really work well with Gun Valkyrie ad Outlaw Golf. It seemed to improve my performance in those games. I also like the location of the Start and Back buttons.

I'll need to but another controller because both of my older controllers are not working too well so I'll buy another S contrller.:)

laughs
12-26-2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
I just got an Xbox Controller S this christmas and these are my impressions. I feel that the regular controler has better grips but I definately prefer the Controller S. I have small hands so it makes it easier. The button placement is much better and it has the best D-pad ever made. The controller seemed to really work well with Gun Valkyrie ad Outlaw Golf. It seemed to improve my performance in those games. I also like the location of the Start and Back buttons.

I got one for Christmas too, and I agree 100% with what you said.

wweomaniac
12-26-2002, 05:20 PM
k... let me tell you this.. MY WORD MEANS MORE THAN ANYONE ELSEs ;)

Before they introduced the small controller... I was all like "it sucks.. you don't need it... its too small... itll be uncomfortable because its so small... you're ***"

but then I had the chance to use one at my friends house and I found it totally amazing. You'll actually notice how much lighter it is. Also... I think it moulds to the hands much better than the original controller.

The only thing I don't like about it is how both the joysticks feel the exact same (youll notice theyre different on regular).

Anyway... so I have three friends who thought that the reg was way better too... that is until they used the smaller ones. So now we all use the smaller ones.

Its way better. Better vibration too. Best controller ont he market.

laughs
12-26-2002, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
k... let me tell you this..
I like to suck my friends and I found it totally amazing. You'll actually notice how it moulds to the hands
I like how joysticks feel
Anyway... so I have three friends
Its vibration too.

WOW!!! :p ...LOL, just kidding

Cloud Strife
12-26-2002, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
k... let me tell you this.. MY WORD MEANS MORE THAN ANYONE ELSEs ;)

Before they introduced the small controller... I was all like "it sucks.. you don't need it... its too small... itll be uncomfortable because its so small... you're ***"

but then I had the chance to use one at my friends house and I found it totally amazing. You'll actually notice how much lighter it is. Also... I think it moulds to the hands much better than the original controller.

The only thing I don't like about it is how both the joysticks feel the exact same (youll notice theyre different on regular).

Anyway... so I have three friends who thought that the reg was way better too... that is until they used the smaller ones. So now we all use the smaller ones.

Its way better. Better vibration too. Best controller ont he market. I do agree with what your saying. I still think the regular controller is more comfortable to grip, but the button placement doesn't feel too right.

Shadow20002
12-26-2002, 07:50 PM
I have try both and good at all. :cool:

Yannie Boy
12-26-2002, 09:06 PM
in my opinion i same normal works best for me cuz the controller fits snug in my hands, but with the s i kinda find myself lost