PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Ways To Make Xbox Sell In Japan...

HaloMasterVI
12-11-2002, 12:26 PM
1. Turn Based RPGs with CG cinemas - need I say more?
2. Horse Racing Games - need many more!
3. Dating Sims - We all know the Asian anatomy is a bit below average...maybe they need to improve their game
4. Make Xbox Live require ripping out the ethernet port in the back and purchasing a network adapter.
5. Rip the Hard drives out of the Xbox and require a purchase to play many new games
6. Rip out 2 of the controller ports and require purchase of multi tap for 3-4 player games
7. Include the DVD remote with Xbox with photo of Bill Gates flipping off camera
8. Dragon Ball Z
9. Sell bundle with old Xbox games and charge the buyer 8 yen more than if you bought the games seperatly
10. Allow Hackers and unban all Modded Xboxs on Xbox LIVE.

Should MS Pull Xbox Out of Japan? I think they should, and focus more on the American and European markets. I think that MS is wasting time and $ in Japan, the "gamers" there don't like the style of games on Xbox obviously, so why even bother? Do you really think that if this happened, Japanese developers would quit developing for Xbox? I dont think so!

Cloud Strife
12-11-2002, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by HaloMasterVI
3. Dating Sims - We all know the Asian anatomy is a bit below average...maybe they need to improve their game
4. Make Xbox Live require ripping out the ethernet port in the back and purchasing a network adapter.
5. Rip the Hard drives out of the Xbox and require a purchase to play many new games
6. Rip out 2 of the controller ports and require purchase of multi tap for 3-4 player games
7. Include the DVD remote with Xbox with photo of Bill Gates flipping off camera
8. Dragon Ball Z
9. Sell bundle with old Xbox games and charge the buyer 8 yen more than if you bought the games seperatly
10. Allow Hackers and unban all Modded Xboxs on Xbox LIVE.

Should MS Pull Xbox Out of Japan? I think they should, and focus more on the American and European markets. I think that MS is wasting time and $ in Japan, the "gamers" there don't like the style of games on Xbox obviously, so why even bother? Do you really think that if this happened, Japanese developers would quit developing for Xbox? I dont think so! I only agree with 1, 2, 3 and that's it.

rockola
12-11-2002, 12:50 PM
I think one of the most important things is the one abotu adding the dvd player. a LOT of japanese have bought a ps2 mainly for its dvd player, since dvd players in japan are still priced high

Oh but I dont think MS should pull out of japan. but I do think that MS should stop making games exclusivly for the japanese. just take whatever game that comes out for the rest of the world and translate it. it is a waste of money to keep trying to please the japanese market at this point

Evil_Dr_Beefy
12-11-2002, 04:04 PM
The best way i can think of ..is to rip off the microsoft Xbox label and replace it with a sony playstation 2.5 label..

EHWfedPres
12-11-2002, 04:20 PM

yeah, you need to say turn based linear action games with crap voice action, cartoon midgets, no replay value...and just call it an rpg, they wont care...because if the game has a story that you play through, its kind of hard to role-play...actually, its nearly impossible...or just a really really bad idea...like turn based fighting...

Cloud Strife
12-11-2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

yeah, you need to say turn based linear action games with crap voice action, cartoon midgets, no replay value...and just call it an rpg, they wont care...because if the game has a story that you play through, its kind of hard to role-play...actually, its nearly impossible...or just a really really bad idea...like turn based fighting... I would love to see soem turn based fighting on Xbox. I would love to see an RPG with Japaneese voices and Anime style graphics. Make the RPG have 2-D graphics, make the story with a young boy at the age of 12 trying to save the world. Lot's on text like in Xenogears. Love stories in the game.

I know you would just love that EHWfedPres.:)

EHWfedPres
12-11-2002, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
I know you would just love that EHWfedPres.:)

if i wanted a love story, id watch a romance movie...but i hate romance movies, i like horror movies, action movies, and stuff with guns and shooting and car fires...

Cloud Strife
12-11-2002, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

if i wanted a love story, id watch a romance movie...but i hate romance movies, i like horror movies, action movies, and stuff with guns and shooting and car fires... I had a feeling you liked horror and shooting movies. I woun't bring up about the Freddy vs. Jason thing again.;)

HaloMasterVI
12-11-2002, 10:22 PM
My Top 10 is correct right?

SPARTAN VI
12-11-2002, 10:44 PM
Forgot #1.5!!!!!

1.5) Put DOA's LeiFang on the box...:cool: (or yknow... any other chick'll do, horny Japanese...)

Bigwig
12-12-2002, 05:45 AM
I think the best thing would be to port more American games. Options 1-3 would just make the Xbox more like the PS 2 or GC. More American style RPGs would make the Xbox different and special. Hell MS has Bethhasda, BBB, and Bioware. They should use them.

FuNkY mOnK
12-12-2002, 07:48 AM
First Japan will support their country before any other, second, I love the xbox the way it is, but for the Japanese MS should have made it smaller and portable like a cell phone.

Cloud Strife
12-12-2002, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by SPARTAN VI
Forgot #1.5!!!!!

1.5) Put DOA's LeiFang on the box...:cool: (or yknow... any other chick'll do, horny Japanese...) That would make sense. I remember on launch day there were people dressed up like LeiFang. I can tell they like her.:)

Bigwig
12-12-2002, 03:05 PM
oh..
The Xbox is getting a horse racing game too. I think a Sumo game might help too.

Laxeph
12-12-2002, 03:49 PM
If Xbox pulls out of Japan I think that developers like Capcom and Sega would stop making games for Xbox.

Cloud Strife
12-12-2002, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Laxeph
If Xbox pulls out of Japan I think that developers like Capcom and Sega would stop making games for Xbox. That's what would happen. That's why Microsoft ain't going anywhere.;)

Knight
12-13-2002, 08:20 AM

Microsoft Japan is making a Horse Racing game!

Cloud Strife
12-13-2002, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Knight

Microsoft Japan is making a Horse Racing game! It has already been released. Called Jockey's Road. I would buy that if they released in the U.S. Microsoft Game Studios needs to release Maximum Chase in the Western Market. I heard the game was quite good from people who played it there.

bbchs_trash
12-13-2002, 12:25 PM
Burning Ranger would know... he's been EVERYWHERE!

Cloud Strife
12-13-2002, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by bbchs_trash
Burning Ranger would know... he's been EVERYWHERE! Are you trying to make me mad here? I average 40 post a day.

Knight
12-13-2002, 12:36 PM
Are you trying to make me mad here? I average 40 post a day.

Cloud Strife
12-13-2002, 12:39 PM

41.10 It's going up right now.

Are some of you trying to make angry. I get tired on hearing Ranger Burn is everywhere, bbchs_trash. That is not my name it's Burning Ranger. If you want me to leave, I'll leave. I'm already subscribed to a few other sited under different names.

Knight
12-13-2002, 12:42 PM
I'm already subscribed to a few other sited under different names.

Me too at MWRealms.com & a few other places!

Cloud Strife
12-13-2002, 12:47 PM

Me too at MWRealms.com & a few other places! Thanks for sharing.:rolleyes: