PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Tunes

Liquidmc
12-12-2002, 10:38 AM
I know you can copy tunes from an orginal CD to the Xbox.. BUT how can you copy tunes from a burnt CD to your Xbox?? Or can you?

Kraft
12-12-2002, 10:45 AM
bahie. This is a finnicy thing to do as MS had bouts with the RIAA about it. After extensive arguements about piracy and what not, here is how things work:

CD-Rs WILL NOT read (actually there are a few brands that do, but not many).
CD-RWs will though... which always struck me as odd. BUT, the xbox won't read mp3s, wmas or anything like that.

To put music on yoru HD, you will have to convert the mp3s to wav and make a regular audio CD that would play in any CD player. All this and you have to burn in on a CD-RW.

Nato King
12-12-2002, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA
bahie. This is a finnicy thing to do as MS had bouts with the RIAA about it. After extensive arguements about piracy and what not, here is how things work:

CD-Rs WILL NOT read (actually there are a few brands that do, but not many).
CD-RWs will though... which always struck me as odd. BUT, the xbox won't read mp3s, wmas or anything like that.

To put music on yoru HD, you will have to convert the mp3s to wav and make a regular audio CD that would play in any CD player. All this and you have to burn in on a CD-RW.

Just by reading what Kraft-XBA posted. I would have to say that's a lot of work just to get your xbox to read CD-Rs. In my case I would just forget about it.:)

Zion
12-12-2002, 11:43 AM
Not really. It only takes like 4 minutes to burn a full CD-RW full of songs, and that's even converting them from MP3 if needed. It's just a drag & drop process.

JJaX
12-12-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Serg_w

Just by reading what Kraft-XBA posted. I would have to say that's a lot of work just to get your xbox to read CD-Rs. In my case I would just forget about it.:)

A lot of work? Just burn a Audio CD onto a CDR-W. Its the same thing, just a different CD.

Cloud Strife
12-12-2002, 04:36 PM
I don't believe in Burning CD's because I'm a good guy.;)

Nato King
12-12-2002, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
I don't believe in Burning CD's because I'm a good guy.;)

I agree I don't burn CD's either I am like a Goody Two Shoes.:) hehehe

thAshAdyOne
12-12-2002, 08:45 PM
im too broke to go get a new cd every other week....thats when the good ones come out