PDA

View Full Version : Great interview with the developers of Sudeki

Cloud Strife
12-12-2002, 09:24 PM
After reading this, I want this game even more.;)

Click Here (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/380/380138p1.html)

Cloud Strife
12-13-2002, 12:50 PM
Nobody replied. I'll be buying this game anyways. I glad to hear the goal of the developers is to make the game about gameplay and not interactive movie.;)

Knight
12-13-2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
Nobody replied. I'll be buying this game anyways. I glad to hear the goal of the developers is to make the game about gameplay and not interactive movie.;)

So am I, But you got a wait for the game!

TheCovenant
12-13-2002, 09:56 PM
Climax has mainly developed racing titles for Xbox to this point. What can they bring to the RPG genre?

For starters we want the player to play their RPG instead of watching it.

Did you guys see that? that was a hit directly at final fantasy, or just square in general. I bet the president of square read that and is off in some corner crying.................

*those guys are mean!*

is what he would say.

As for sudeki, it looks very promising, but a company that has no expiriance with rpg, or anything outside the motorsport genre.....it's easy to be skeptical.

But hey, thats the same thing everyone said about RETRO and look at them now! they came out with metroid prime......so.....who knows................

Who knows indeed...........................

:confused:

SPARTAN VI
12-13-2002, 10:34 PM
:eek: I have to buy Fable AND Sudeki.. Not necessarily a BAD thing though.:D I'd go XBOX RPGs anyday over FFs ,"hit you, your turn....ow, hit you" stuff (aka turned based). They're just better somehow, a new breed of RPGs I'd say.:)

Dre
12-14-2002, 03:13 PM
Wow... Must. Have. Game. :)

TheCovenant... ya.. I think that was a strike against the FF series. Another little knife in the FF series:

Sudeki already looks great, and by the time we are finished we will have jaws dropping for an RPG played totally in real-time, which doesn't drop the user from glorious cut-scene to mediocre game-worlds like some other titles.

TheCovenant
12-16-2002, 05:56 PM
well. the thing i would miss about the cutscenes is some of the action sequences.

and some of the cinemetography that you see in them.

Maybe there will still be cg cutscenes? imean they arent TERRIBLE, its just that if you have as many as in say, the bouncer, it just makes you yearn for gameplay.

i mean, seriously, those blitz ball scenes were very cool.

and the intro movie for final fantasy eight was one of the most memorable in game history!

maybe we can appreciate the not as much cut-scenes, but few would definatly leave us gratefull......

Dre
12-16-2002, 06:06 PM
I'd love to have tons of CG cutscenes.. just as long as there is gameplay to go with it as well. I never found anything wrong with the amount of cutscenes in a FF game. Especially when they are done as well as Square makes em

TheCovenant
12-16-2002, 06:14 PM
agreed.....

SPARTAN VI
12-16-2002, 08:41 PM
agreed.....

agrees too...:)

TheCovenant
12-16-2002, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by SPARTAN VI

agrees too...:)

Agree's last......HA!