PDA

View Full Version : Sudeki!

HaloMasterVI
12-13-2002, 11:35 AM
Wow! This is an RPG I actually WANT! OMG! Anyway, there';s a good article on xbox.ign.com about it right now, looks like it's gonna revolutionize the genre...my main interest about it? ACTION BATTLES!

RudedogX
12-13-2002, 12:11 PM
That was certainly...hmm...what's the word I'm looking for...enlightening?:rolleyes:

Cloud Strife
12-13-2002, 12:12 PM
I already posted a thread about the Sudeki interview on IGN in the RPG forum here.

Unreal
12-14-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by HaloMasterVI
Wow! This is an RPG I actually WANT! OMG! Anyway, there';s a good article on xbox.ign.com about it right now, looks like it's gonna revolutionize the genre...my main interest about it? ACTION BATTLES!
I only own 2 RPG's. Grandia 2 and Skies Of Arcadia. So this will be a welcome addition.

Cloud Strife
12-14-2002, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Unreal

I only own 2 RPG's. Grandia 2 and Skies Of Arcadia. So this will be a welcome addition. That's all you owned Unreal. I have 50 RPG games. But hey, I've been a big fan of those games though.;)

Unreal
12-14-2002, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
That's all you owned Unreal. I have 50 RPG games. But hey, I've been a big fan of those games though.;)
I have never been a fan till the games I mentioned. So Sudeki, True Fantasy Live Online, Star Wars: KotoR are all exciting games for me.

Dre
12-14-2002, 08:51 PM
Hey all, I found a really cool article on Sudeki with some never-b4-seen amazing pics

http://www.climax.co.uk/features/XmasEdgeSud01.htm

Cloud Strife
12-15-2002, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Dre
Hey all, I found a really cool article on Sudeki with some never-b4-seen amazing pics

http://www.climax.co.uk/features/XmasEdgeSud01.htm Great Pics Dre.:)

addicted_2_xbox
12-17-2002, 07:14 PM
I don't like RPG's, but Xbox needs some!!! Thats why its failing in Japan, cuz they love RPG's, while in America, everyone loves shooters.

I like games like Diablo II (which from what I hear is an RPG), but thats more of an action game. Whenever I think of the genre (RPG), I think turn-based, like the FF series, and I don't like those too much.

Cloud Strife
12-17-2002, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by addicted_2_xbox
I don't like RPG's, but Xbox needs some!!! Thats why its failing in Japan, cuz they love RPG's, while in America, everyone loves shooters.

I like games like Diablo II (which from what I hear is an RPG), but thats more of an action game. Whenever I think of the genre (RPG), I think turn-based, like the FF series, and I don't like those too much. It makes it even harder to get RPG's for Xbox in Japan because they said they only want to develop one if Xbox sells well. This was way before Xbox was released. I'll tell you though that you can't expect a good RPG to come out instantly. It takes quite some time to make an RPG. A developer usually has to hire more employees before an RPG is developed.

Bigwig
12-18-2002, 02:55 AM
It makes it even harder to get RPG's for Xbox in Japan because they said they only want to develop one if Xbox sells well. This was way before Xbox was released. I'll tell you though that you can't expect a good RPG to come out instantly. It takes quite some time to make an RPG. A developer usually has to hire more employees before an RPG is developed.

Just give the Box some time. When you have the killer B's as devs Bioware, Bethhasda, BBB RPGs will not be a problem. I heard they might get Blizard too. Also after Halo 2 Bungies next game will be an RPG.

When you add Bungie WTF is up with all these B's.

The problem is that the only Japanese coproduced RPG that looks great is True Fantasy. Sudeki looks like a fake anime adventure game. It might be fun but it wont sell in Japan like a well transelated KOTOR would.

Dre
12-18-2002, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Bigwig
Sudeki looks like a fake anime adventure game. It might be fun but it wont sell in Japan like a well transelated KOTOR would.

Wow... have you even read anything about Sudeki? Cuz that statement sounds pretty ignorant of everything I've read so far about it. And I've read quite a bit :D

Cloud Strife
12-18-2002, 05:37 PM
Sudeki is made more for the U.S. and U.K. If Microsoft wanted an RPG for the Japan market, they would have probably have Climax Entertainment make the game. Climax Entertainment is different from Climax U.K.

Dre
12-18-2002, 05:51 PM
Sudeki is made more for the U.S. and U.K. If Microsoft wanted an RPG for the Japan market, they would have probably have Climax Entertainment make the game. Climax Entertainment is different from Climax U.K.

1. Its been stated many times by the devs in interviews I've read that they take their main competition as Final Fantasy and their goal is to outdo an FF game in all aspects. You can't argue with this, its a statement made by a dev.

2. Best selling Japan RPG = FF games.

Now I'm not saying your statements are wrong Burning Ranger and Big Wig, but I fail to see why you think Sudeki would not sell well in Japan. IMO, it would be in MS's best interest to bring Sudeki to the japanese market as well. But only time will tell if this actually happens or not.

Cloud Strife
12-18-2002, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Dre

1. Its been stated many times by the devs in interviews I've read that they take their main competition as Final Fantasy and their goal is to outdo an FF game in all aspects. You can't argue with this, its a statement made by a dev.

2. Best selling Japan RPG = FF games.

Now I'm not saying your statements are wrong Burning Ranger and Big Wig, but I fail to see why you think Sudeki would not sell well in Japan. IMO, it would be in MS's best interest to bring Sudeki to the japanese market as well. But only time will tell if this actually happens or not. I think Sudeki would sell decent in Japan. You have to understand that most American and European games don't sell well in Japan even if they are Japaneese type games.

2. Is incorrect. The best selling RPG in Japan is Dragon Quest. The reason why Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest sell well is the history behind it. Sudeki has none. New RPG games by unknown companies take a while to become established in Japan.

Bigwig
12-20-2002, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Dre

Wow... have you even read anything about Sudeki? Cuz that statement sounds pretty ignorant of everything I've read so far about it. And I've read quite a bit :D

Well when you yourself consider Shenmue an adventure game and this game is an Action RPG with less roleplaying then Shenmue then I dont see why you would think its an RPG. Also whenever I hear Japanese gamers talking about the art they say the are looks like a poor Japanese influence. I dont care I think Anime sucks and the only good Japanese art is in their epic cartoons. Like Crimson Sea I also know people that have played the game and their take is that its pretty good but nothing special.

My take is that this game is an American test/ Japanese Crucible.

1. It will test how well Japanese RPGs sell for the Xbox.

2. It has enough American style and influence to help bridge the difference in American RPG style in Japan. After firing the lead marketing guy in Japan its more likely MS is going to try to port more American RPGs to Japan. American RPGS do well on the PC in Japan and the BG series does very well.

Cloud Strife
12-20-2002, 04:16 PM

Well when you yourself consider Shenmue an adventure game and this game is an Action RPG with less roleplaying then Shenmue then I dont see why you would think its an RPG. Also whenever I hear Japanese gamers talking about the art they say the are looks like a poor Japanese influence. I dont care I think Anime sucks and the only good Japanese art is in their epic cartoons. Like Crimson Sea I also know people that have played the game and their take is that its pretty good but nothing special.

My take is that this game is an American test/ Japanese Crucible.

1. It will test how well Japanese RPGs sell for the Xbox.

2. It has enough American style and influence to help bridge the difference in American RPG style in Japan. After firing the lead marketing guy in Japan its more likely MS is going to try to port more American RPGs to Japan. American RPGS do well on the PC in Japan and the BG series does very well. That sounds about right. I just woder how a Japanese RPG like Final Fantasy would sell on Xbox.

Bigwig
12-20-2002, 08:09 PM
Of all there efforts the only one I see them hitting pay dirt with is True Fantasy or maybe Shenmue 3 if they keep it exclusive.

chili325
12-20-2002, 10:17 PM
What is the scheduled release? I never really heard of this game until the latest oxm mag put in a small tidbit. Morrowind was my first rpg and it was a blast but i thing i need something a but more linear. There was just not enough direction 4 me in that game. Im hoping that Fable or KOTOR may be perfect.

Knight
12-20-2002, 11:50 PM
Of all there efforts the only one I see them hitting pay dirt with is True Fantasy or maybe Shenmue 3 if they keep it exclusive.

Does anyone know if there will be a fee for True Fantasy after paying for the XBox Live Sub fee?

Bigwig
12-21-2002, 10:53 AM
My guess is True Fantasy will be free sense its an MS published title. I'm surprised so many people like linear RPGs when you have so many adventure game with better combat that are linear themselves. The only linear RPGs I can stand are the ones with fun combat. If you cant enjoy the go anywhere do anything jig then you should at least have fun fighting or get a square story. That why I like the Icewinddale series. Linear, but very strategic combat. Same with Shenmue, its pretty linear but the fighting is fun as hell.

So far look up folks, MS might have a Blizarrd buyout in store.