PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Panzer footage with rocking soundtrack! Check it!

Northwood
12-13-2002, 02:31 PM
Any Panzer fan can appreciate this video. It's 2:30 of PDO goodness, all the while playing a song from one of the boss battles. Check it out here! (http://www.popcultureshock.com/news.php?threadid=1259)

What do you think of that footage, and what do the real Panzer heads think of the soundtrack so far? Oh, and make sure to check out the Sega page they put up for PDO here. (http://score.sega.com/games/panzer/pcard/)

Anybody else ready for X-mas to get the heck out of the way so that January and Panzer can get here?

VeNoMiZA
12-13-2002, 02:39 PM
i think the music sux........... alot.......seriously....

DIGITAL
12-13-2002, 02:46 PM
i cant wait for this game. But the soundtrack on the movie sounds like it was made on one of those old little casio

Northwood
12-13-2002, 02:58 PM
from the second level boss I think. it sounds like the boss battles in panzer always have.

Cloud Strife
12-13-2002, 03:38 PM
Thanks. I love the Panzer Dragoon Orta Demo. I think the music is just fine.;)

Northwood
12-13-2002, 04:11 PM
I knew Shou of the Burning Rangers could appreciate something like this. Thanks alot mate.

FuNkY mOnK
12-13-2002, 05:32 PM
i'm going to eat this game up like finger licking good fried chickin with french fries and a tall glass of coke on ice.

TheCovenant
12-13-2002, 11:29 PM
great music and stuff...............wow.

i think everything was impressive...even the music.

Dont worry burning ranger, they are just mad because it didnt have either rock or Rap. they cant appreciat remakes of old school music.

The music fits the game. thats all that matters.

VeNoMiZA
12-14-2002, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by TheCovenant
great music and stuff...............wow.

i think everything was impressive...even the music.

Dont worry burning ranger, they are just mad because it didnt have either rock or Rap. they cant appreciat remakes of old school music.

The music fits the game. thats all that matters.
naw its not that. just that the music sux it aint nothing serious it JUST SUX....

MerimacHamwich
12-14-2002, 12:18 PM
The graphics are pretty good. Everthing else looked horrible, including gameplay.

Evil_Dr_Beefy
12-14-2002, 12:20 PM
I think the music is cool, man.....(i was just thinking to myself..why don't gamemaker....let us use our own music) Panzer dragoon orta seems like a system seller..i just pray they got the controls right and made the game really long....

MerimacHamwich
12-14-2002, 12:23 PM
I really don't understand how you all think this game is going to be great. It is just centipede on a dragon.

Unreal
12-14-2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Northwood
Anybody else ready for X-mas to get the heck out of the way so that January and Panzer can get here?
I am. This and Dead Or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball though :D

Cloud Strife
12-14-2002, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Unreal

I am. This and Dead Or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball though :D I'll be doing the same thing also.

Cloud Strife
12-14-2002, 04:22 PM
I knew Shou of the Burning Rangers could appreciate something like this. Thanks alot mate. That's right, I appreciate just about any Sega game, especially the Sega Saturn ones. Now if there was a Shining Force, Nights, Burning Rangers, etc., I would get very excited.;) :D

Northwood
12-15-2002, 12:37 AM
I heard that Sega had a Shining Force title that they were pondering on showing at the last Fall TGS. This was information before the show however and it seems that didn't pan out. It doesn't mean that the game isn't being worked on, but maybe they decided to hold it back for a later time. But this has been circulated a few times so we'll have to see. The main problem I forsee is that Camelot (who made the Shining Series) has been doing all those Mario Golf/Tennis games and I don't know which team at Sega would handle it or what that would entail. Maybe they'd contract it our to Camelot which would be great. But it's too early to tell. We'll just have to wait and see, but I'd keep my fingers crossed. I'd love to see Artoon team up with Sonic team and bring a sequel to Nights though.

Cloud Strife
12-15-2002, 08:05 AM
I heard that Sega had a Shining Force title that they were pondering on showing at the last Fall TGS. This was information before the show however and it seems that didn't pan out. It doesn't mean that the game isn't being worked on, but maybe they decided to hold it back for a later time. But this has been circulated a few times so we'll have to see. The main problem I forsee is that Camelot (who made the Shining Series) has been doing all those Mario Golf/Tennis games and I don't know which team at Sega would handle it or what that would entail. Maybe they'd contract it our to Camelot which would be great. But it's too early to tell. We'll just have to wait and see, but I'd keep my fingers crossed. I'd love to see Artoon team up with Sonic team and bring a sequel to Nights though. Oh yeah that would be nice for Artoon to team up with Sonic team for a new Nights. That was my favorite game ever. I know most of Sega's Shining RPG games like Shining Wisdom, Shining the Holy Ark, and original Shining Forces, were made by a group called Sonic Software Planning. Well, I just have to wait and see about Shining Force.;)

I would have had "Nights" as my name here but the name just didn't seem to fit, so I went with Burning Ranger.

FuNkY mOnK
12-15-2002, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
I really don't understand how you all think this game is going to be great. It is just centipede on a dragon.
On a positive note, there's an a ss for every seat so step aside and let me get comfortable. slippers please.

Northwood
12-15-2002, 01:04 PM
Sonic Software Planning had to change their name once they decided to make games for other platforms. Couldn't have a company with Sega's mascot name making games on systems other than Sega systems back then. That's when they started calling themselves Camelot.

Cloud Strife
12-15-2002, 06:09 PM
Sonic Software Planning had to change their name once they decided to make games for other platforms. Couldn't have a company with Sega's mascot name making games on systems other than Sega systems back then. That's when they started calling themselves Camelot. That makes pretty good sense. I wasn't really sure what was going on with camelot. Did they change their name to Camelot name they made Beyond the Beyond for Sony and Hot Shots Golf.

Northwood
12-15-2002, 07:32 PM
When Beyond the Beyond was first announced, they still had the name SSP, but before the game was completed, they'd made the name change.

Cloud Strife
12-15-2002, 07:35 PM
When Beyond the Beyond was first announced, they still had the name SSP, but before the game was completed, they'd made the name change. I'm now wondering about Shining the Holy Ark. That game says Sonic Software planning and I thought it came out after Beyond the Beyond. I guess I have to find out when Shining the Holy Ark was released.

I'm still mad at myself for not buying Panzer Dragoon Saga for $50 new four years ago.:mad:

Northwood
12-15-2002, 07:42 PM
You didn't get PDS when it first came out? Shining the Holy Ark definately came out in Japan before Beyond the Beyond. Maybe it came to the US afterwards, but it hit Japan before BtB.

Cloud Strife
12-15-2002, 07:48 PM
You didn't get PDS when it first came out? Shining the Holy Ark definately came out in Japan before Beyond the Beyond. Maybe it came to the US afterwards, but it hit Japan before BtB. I know that I should have bought PDS when it came out. I actually thought that I would see it for a while at my videogame trader. I actually did the same thing to Burning Rangers. Luckily they had the game for a high price and I bought it.;) Yeah, I think Shining the Holy Ark was released late in the U.S.

My reason why my Saturn collection doesn't have many of the Rare titles was because I wasn't too familiar with the system at the time. Now, I'm very familiar with the games and I try to buy up as many of them I see.;)

I'll put up another Saturn classic as my avatar soon.:)

l Maximus l
12-16-2002, 06:01 PM
Definately looks cool...I hope the game is better than the demo, though. The demo was okay, but, I'm generally not a huge flight simulation fan...but, this one definately looks interesting.