PDA

View Full Version : Xbox being fixed

Cloud Strife
12-13-2002, 05:24 PM
Well, I was browsing aroung the forums on several sites and I saw that Microsoft has been fixing Xbox's for free. I called 1-800-4MYXBOX because my Xbox won't play OXM Demo Disk, gives me DDE all the time, won't play blockbuster games eventhough they are new, and has trouble loading up newer games. The lady on the phone was really nice and she said they would send me a box to put my Xbox in for they can fix it. She told me that they were fixing my Xbox for free because it was Christmas time although I bought my Xbox on 11/15/01 and had no warranty. She said they would replace my DVD drive with a new one.

The only problem is that my streak of playing Xbox every single day since 11/15/01 is about to end.:( The good news is I shoudn't have the same problems again. ;)

destroydemons
12-13-2002, 05:30 PM
lol. well maybe its only that lady that would be so nice. some ppl r nicer than others

Cloud Strife
12-13-2002, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by destroydemons
lol. well maybe its only that lady that would be so nice. some ppl r nicer than others I've been hearing that anyone who had a certain serial number were getting theirs fixed.

SPARTAN VI
12-13-2002, 06:07 PM
Bummer, I remember when TheCovenant's cousin broke my PS1. The platform that actually spins and reads the CD somehow sunk. So his cousin (about 17 or 18 at the time) put a knife to it and snapped off the part that actually keeps the CD on the platform. I was ****ed for a long time when I learned that all he had to do was lift a little metal pylon that was bent down.:mad: Now the old thing only works if the platform is aligned PERFECTLY, and if I push on the broken part that hold the CD, it wont run the game. Oh well, my sister only uses it to play DDR, and she doesn't even play that anymore.:rolleyes: AND I DO have an XBOX.:cool:

Cloud Strife
12-13-2002, 06:34 PM
I decided to play my Xbox after the call I made to have mine repaired. My Xbox seemed to work better than it usually works.:) At least I'm getting my DVD drive updated. I still wonder if I'm doing the right thing, even though I get DDE once in a while and not every time,

I know what ou mean SPARTAN VI on the Playstation. I bought mine around launch and had problems with the CD skipping a year later.:( I had to put the system on a cold, flat surface to work. I bought a new one 2 years after and still have it working perfectly today.;)

Knight
12-13-2002, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
Well, I was browsing aroung the forums on several sites and I saw that Microsoft has been fixing Xbox's for free. I called 1-800-4MYXBOX because my Xbox won't play OXM Demo Disk, gives me DDE all the time, won't play blockbuster games eventhough they are new, and has trouble loading up newer games. The lady on the phone was really nice and she said they would send me a box to put my Xbox in for they can fix it. She told me that they were fixing my Xbox for free because it was Christmas time although I bought my Xbox on 11/15/01 and had no warranty. She said they would replace my DVD drive with a new one.

The only problem is that my streak of playing Xbox every single day since 11/15/01 is about to end.:( The good news is I shoudn't have the same problems again. ;)

Was your XBox made in Maxico?

Cloud Strife
12-13-2002, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Knight

Was your XBox made in Maxico? Yes it was. Manufactured on 10/31/01. Was there something wrong with the Mexico systems?

Knight
12-13-2002, 07:21 PM
Yes it was. Manufactured on 10/31/01. Was there something wrong with the Mexico systems?

Don't know, But my XBox is one of the few E. Europe ones they had on sale!

Cloud Strife
12-13-2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Knight

Don't know, But my XBox is one of the few E. Europe ones they had on sale! I have a few friend with one from Hungary. I just hope they send my Xbox back and tell me there is no problem with it.

wweomaniac
12-13-2002, 09:32 PM
The only problem is that my streak of playing Xbox every single day since 11/15/01 is about to end.:( ) whoa. that is too crazy.

these MS ppl are too nice :)

Kortiz
12-13-2002, 11:17 PM
Bought mine at Bestbuy by IPFW, was made in Hungary.

so far no probs. other then the occasional freeze...which has only happened once.

ARONO129
12-14-2002, 12:47 AM
Yes it was. Manufactured on 10/31/01. Was there something wrong with the Mexico systems?

No. Not greater probability than with any of the other Xboxes at any other plant. If you hear otherwise it's not true. PS IMO you should get your Xbox repaired free. If I was offered that deal and didn't send it in I would regret it later.

Cloud Strife
12-14-2002, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH
Bought mine at Bestbuy by IPFW, was made in Hungary.

so far no probs. other then the occasional freeze...which has only happened once. I'm at that best buy just about every week. Most of the ones made in Hungary worked good, but my friend who has one is louder than mine for some reason. I sent mine in mainly because I constantly hear the system make a stop and go sound while loading. If it does it too long, I get a Dirty Disc Error on the game. I'm wodering if an updated DVD drive will do the trick.

HaloMasterVI
12-14-2002, 07:49 AM
Pelican had to buy me a new xbox cause one of their controllers fried my Xbox...they did though, and paid for s&h...

Casper
12-14-2002, 08:02 AM
How long to they expect it to take? Because I'm thinking of sending mine in...I have a back up too :D

Cloud Strife
12-14-2002, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by casper
How long to they expect it to take? Because I'm thinking of sending mine in...I have a back up too :D They said 12 days at the longest.

My Xbox is really working well right now, except for OXM demo disk. I'm debating if I should not send mine in anymore.

Whisper
12-14-2002, 08:40 AM
the rumors are true! im on the phone right now getting my old XBOX repaired for free! now ill have 2 working XBOXs!

Cloud Strife
12-14-2002, 04:10 PM
Well I played my Xbox today and I got one DDE on Pac-Man World 2 and three on Dynasty Warriors III. The system froze on me after I finished the mission.:( Blinx didn't give me any problems though.

I guess my Xbox does need a new DVD drive. I just have that feeling they're going to send my old one back and say there was nothing wrong with it.

I'm really going to miss my Xbox. Guess I'll be playing my Sega Saturn when it's gone.

shrew king
12-14-2002, 09:49 PM
im kinda dissapointed that so many xbox's are messing up, i never had problems with my ps1 or n64. i think my ps1 MIGHT have frozen once when i was playing crash bandicoot, but other than that it ran great, now this next generation console freezes too often for my liking. kinda lame if you ask me, but atleast they are doing something about it.

# 1 Stunner
12-14-2002, 09:58 PM
ya this is good news because my xbox freezes like a biiitch on the new games...

bbchs_trash
12-14-2002, 11:15 PM
Around a week. And if you are smart... the day they send the box... package it up... call the number... and it will be flying back in that box on the same day. Its usually really fast. I got mine back in 1 week exactly one time and the other one was 4 days. They are pretty fast. The first time they said there was nothing wrong. I sent it back a week later and that time they said there was something wrong. Its worked like a charm ever since...

bbchs_trash
12-14-2002, 11:16 PM
Oh yeah... it seems to be the DVD drive in all screwed up 'Boxes... I don't know why. But they changed the people who made the DVD drives... I think they are Panasonic now. When you get yours back. Check the bottom... there will be like a new serial code sticker and a little white sticker where they punched through to get to a screw. Then you will know if they opened it...

Cloud Strife
12-15-2002, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by shrew king
im kinda dissapointed that so many xbox's are messing up, i never had problems with my ps1 or n64. i think my ps1 MIGHT have frozen once when i was playing crash bandicoot, but other than that it ran great, now this next generation console freezes too often for my liking. kinda lame if you ask me, but atleast they are doing something about it. Did you have the first version Playstation or the second version? The second version came out in 1997. I had the first version that I bought at launch and had several problems with they system like freezing, skipping, and slow loading. I got a new Playstation on Christmas 1997 and there was a big difference. It loaded faster, didn't overheat very fast, and no skipping even today. I was glad I replaced my Playstation.

Because of what happened at that time, I'm considering buying a new Xbox next year.

Cloud Strife
12-15-2002, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by bbchs_trash
Oh yeah... it seems to be the DVD drive in all screwed up 'Boxes... I don't know why. But they changed the people who made the DVD drives... I think they are Panasonic now. When you get yours back. Check the bottom... there will be like a new serial code sticker and a little white sticker where they punched through to get to a screw. Then you will know if they opened it... Actually the DVD drives are Philips. The old ones were Thompsons. Nintendo uses Panasonic for their drive.

# 1 Stunner
12-15-2002, 10:21 AM
so i send my xbox and have to wait to get it for 12 days..and the onlyn thing i have to do is pay the shipping? am i right?

Cloud Strife
12-15-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by # 1 Stunner
so i send my xbox and have to wait to get it for 12 days..and the onlyn thing i have to do is pay the shipping? am i right? Actually, I don't have to pay for shipping either. Microsoft pays for it.

# 1 Stunner
12-15-2002, 06:18 PM
Actually, I don't have to pay for shipping either. Microsoft pays for it.
sweeet....im definatly going to do. this.....

rio2012
12-15-2002, 06:44 PM
Most Microsoft reps are nice and helpfull cause they want ur MONEY

Whisper
12-15-2002, 06:58 PM
nope no shipping costs, this is great!

Cloud Strife
12-15-2002, 07:40 PM
I still haven't received my shipping box. I did get a Dirty Disc error the first time I played Mad Dash Racing today. The second try, the game worked.

Cloud Strife
12-16-2002, 12:56 PM
Well Today I received my shipping box. I played a Story Mode on Dead or Alive 3 before I sent mine away. For some reason, DOA3 sounds louder when loading than my other games. I decided not to have Airborne Express come to my house. I went to Airborne Express and gave them my package. They were only a few miles away from my house.;)

Tomorrow my streak of 397 days of playing Xbox will end.:( That could change if someone here will let me go their house and play Xbox.:) Would anyone let me come over?

# 1 Stunner
12-16-2002, 05:53 PM
Well Today I received my shipping box. I played a Story Mode on Dead or Alive 3 before I sent mine away. For some reason, DOA3 sounds louder when loading than my other games. I decided not to have Airborne Express come to my house. I went to Airborne Express and gave them my package. They were only a few miles away from my house.;)

Tomorrow my streak of 397 days of playing Xbox will end.:( That could change if someone here will let me go their house and play Xbox.:) Would anyone let me come over?
lol nahhhh ur close to me ..not that close though.....one hell of a streak there bud..;)

Cloud Strife
12-16-2002, 06:01 PM

lol nahhhh ur close to me ..not that close though.....one hell of a streak there bud..;) My record was playing my Dreamcast for 402 days straight.;) There is a nother XBA member that lives just South of me.

Cloud Strife
12-17-2002, 03:39 PM
Ahh, I'm going crazy without my Xbox. I find myself starring at where my Xbox was all day.:( I didn't think I would miss my Xbox very much.

I need to play an Xbox or I'm about to go crazy.:eek:

Luckily I recorded myself playing several Xbox games I've rented. I found myself playing my controller acting like I'm playing the game. I did it to PD Orta Demo and MechAssault so far.;)

SPARTAN VI
12-17-2002, 05:35 PM
Ahh, I'm going crazy without my Xbox. I find myself starring at where my Xbox was all day.:( I didn't think I would miss my Xbox very much.

I need to play an Xbox or I'm about to go crazy.:eek:

Luckily I recorded myself playing several Xbox games I've rented. I found myself playing my controller acting like I'm playing the game. I did it to PD Orta Demo and MechAssault so far.;)

WOW. Don't you have 16 other systems? Go back and play of couple of those for a few days, then when you get your XBOX back you will appreciate it way more. :D

(not that you dont appreciate it already, but ya.:) )

Cloud Strife
12-17-2002, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by SPARTAN VI

WOW. Don't you have 16 other systems? Go back and play of couple of those for a few days, then when you get your XBOX back you will appreciate it way more. :D

(not that you dont appreciate it already, but ya.:) ) I have played half of my other systems today, but I still have the urge to want to play Xbox. Now I know just how great the Xbox was to me.;)

Cloud Strife
12-18-2002, 12:15 PM
Today I walked around the mall looking for a store that had their Xbox on for I could play it. The only store that had theirs on was EB, the place I bought my Xbox at. I feel so much better right now.;) Stupid Babbages for only keeping the Playstation 2 on and not letting people buy their Xbox games.:mad:

SPARTAN VI
12-18-2002, 02:39 PM
Poor Ranger... When did you say you'll get your XBOX back?

Cloud Strife
12-18-2002, 02:55 PM
Poor Ranger... When did you say you'll get your XBOX back? I heard from someone on another forum who sent his out the same day I did received his today. I have been checking my email and doorstep all day. Nothing has come up.:( I'm starting to get worried that my Xbox was lost in shipping.
Guess I'll be playing Burning Rangers until my Xbox comes back.;)

My 800th post.:)

Cloud Strife
12-19-2002, 12:17 PM
Shipment Summary:

Current Status: Arrived at Airborne Station.
Delivered on: 12/17/02 8:22 am
Delivered to:
Signed for by:
T RICHARDSON Get Signature P.O.D.

Shipment History:

DATE TIME ACTIVITY AND COMMENTS LOCATION

12/17/02 8 : 22 am Arrived at Airborne Station. Memphis, TN
8 : 00 am Delivered. Memphis, TN
2 : 05 am Processed at Sort Facility. Wilmington, OH

12/16/02 3 : 56 pm Left Airborne Station. Fort Wayne, IN
3 : 37 pm Picked Up by Airborne. Airborne Terminal

I looked under Airborne express website to track my Xbox and this is what I found. I glad to see it made ot to Memphis TN, but I don't know when it's coming back to my house. I guess I didn't say my email correctly because I haven't received any about my Xbox.
:(

# 1 Stunner
12-19-2002, 04:15 PM
yo if ur kinda rich why not just got buy a new xbox insteada of waiting?

Cloud Strife
12-19-2002, 05:51 PM
yo if ur kinda rich why not just got buy a new xbox insteada of waiting? I'm actually going to buy a new Xbox next year. Usually I like to replace my videogaming systems every two years anyway.;)

# 1 Stunner
12-19-2002, 08:23 PM
I'm actually going to buy a new Xbox next year. Usually I like to replace my videogaming systems every two years anyway.;) give me yo broken down one so i can mod it;)

Cloud Strife
12-19-2002, 08:40 PM
give me yo broken down one so i can mod it;) You think I'll let you mod it. If any of my friends try to burn Dreamcast games, I would snap everyone in half.;) I don't believe in free stuff. I think it's great to give companies money to support them.:)

# 1 Stunner
12-19-2002, 08:45 PM
You think I'll let you mod it. If any of my friends try to burn Dreamcast games, I would snap everyone in half.;) I don't believe in free stuff. I think it's great to give companies money to support them.:) yea true but when u out of money...u gotta get it how u live,..

Cloud Strife
12-19-2002, 08:58 PM
yea true but when u out of money...u gotta get it how u live,.. I'm always out of $$$.:(

Cloud Strife
12-20-2002, 11:16 AM
I still haven't received an email about my Xbox.:mad: I decided to call 1-800-4MYXbox and ask tell them about what's going on. I gave them my ticket number and they said my system was repaired and sent out on Thursday. I should receive my Xbox by Monday. If I don't get it by Christmas, they told me to call back.

I'm going to go out and buy another Xbox game although I don't have an Xbox to play.

Cloud Strife
12-20-2002, 02:50 PM
Good thing I was wrong.

The Burning Ranger has received his Xbox back a few minutes ago

I started playing my OXM Demo Disk, JSRF, and QR because they were giving me problems. Big diffence in the way they work. My system is more quiet and loads faster. My games saves are still in the harddrive. I can tell they really fixed my Xbox because the disc tray ejects cleaner. I'm a very happy man.

:) :) :) :) :)

# 1 Stunner
12-20-2002, 09:52 PM
Good thing I was wrong.

I started playing my OXM Demo Disk, JSRF, and QR because they were giving me problems. Big diffence in the way they work. My system is more quiet and loads faster. My games saves are still in the harddrive. I can tell they really fixed my Xbox because the disc tray ejects cleaner. I'm a very happy man.

:) :) :) :) :) thats great news because now i dont have to save all my stuff to memory cards,,

SPARTAN VI
12-20-2002, 11:21 PM
Good thing I was wrong.

:) :) :) :) :)

Great news. Now all you have to do is buy an XBOX LIVE starterkit!:)

Cloud Strife
12-21-2002, 07:30 AM

Great news. Now all you have to do is buy an XBOX LIVE starterkit!:) That was kind one reason I didn't purchase Xbox Live yet because I had an older model Xbox that had trouble reading newer disc. I was originally hoing to get Xbox Live when I would buy a new Xbox.

oddboy
12-24-2002, 06:25 PM

WTF?!?!?!?!?! I just got on the phone with an Xbox guy for my broken disc drive and he said i have to pay 99 bucks for repairs! WTF!? Its friggin Christmas Eve!!! ******! I'm gonna call again!

oddboy
12-24-2002, 06:45 PM

I called again, and they said that its gonna cost without warranty! Burning Ranger, does that lady have her own number? The people I'm calling are *****es!:mad:

Cloud Strife
12-24-2002, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by oddboy

I called again, and they said that its gonna cost without warranty! Burning Ranger, does that lady have her own number? The people I'm calling are *****es!:mad: The people I called were really nice. I had a launch Xbox anyway and I called at the time of the free repairs.

oddboy
12-24-2002, 08:04 PM
The people I called were really nice. I had a launch Xbox anyway and I called at the time of the free repairs.

O well, my cousins good at these things so I'm gonna ask if he could fix it

Gaws
12-25-2002, 08:35 AM
I had the same problem, i got DD errors all the time. I called 1-800-4-MY-XBOX every day since the DDE started. I called a total of about 300 times. Finally the guy says, ill set you up for a repair since you've called so much. They sent me the Box airborne express and i got my xbox fixed with in 2 weeks.

Cloud Strife
12-25-2002, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Gaws
I had the same problem, i got DD errors all the time. I called 1-800-4-MY-XBOX every day since the DDE started. I called a total of about 300 times. Finally the guy says, ill set you up for a repair since you've called so much. They sent me the Box airborne express and i got my xbox fixed with in 2 weeks. It took you two weeks.:confused: It took me four days and I thought that was a long time.

oddboy
12-25-2002, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Gaws
I had the same problem, i got DD errors all the time. I called 1-800-4-MY-XBOX every day since the DDE started. I called a total of about 300 times. Finally the guy says, ill set you up for a repair since you've called so much. They sent me the Box airborne express and i got my xbox fixed with in 2 weeks.

Why did you call so many times?

J98GT
12-28-2002, 11:14 AM
WTF. My box freezes or gives me the DD error like every 15 minutes, and Microsoft is going to charge me $100 to fix it?? THey should do a recall on these things. I'm going to keep *****ing till they fix it for free.

Edit:

Just called them back and they agreed to fix it for free!

Edit again:

Too many zeros.

Casper
12-28-2002, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by J98GT
WTF. My box freezes or gives me the DD error like every 15 minutes, and Microsoft is going to charge me $1000 to fix it?? THey should do a recall on these things. I'm going to keep *****ing till they fix it for free.

It's $99 to get it fixed...and this is why when you buy electronics, you should always get a warranty :)

J98GT
12-28-2002, 11:25 AM
WTF. My box freezes or gives me the DD error like every 15 minutes, and Microsoft is going to charge me $1000 to fix it?? THey should do a recall on these things. I'm going to keep *****ing till they fix it for free.

Edit:

Just called them back and they agreed to fix it for free!

Oops, I typed too many zeros . . . I meant $100.

Cloud Strife
12-28-2002, 01:50 PM

Edit:

Just called them back and they agreed to fix it for free! $1000 you say. You think I'm actually doing to believe this.:rolleyes:

Cloud Strife
01-28-2003, 09:30 AM
I know that this is an old thread but I just called 1-800-4My-Xbox today because my Xbox has given me trouble each day I've played it for the past few days. I had trouble with DOA3, Crash Bandicoot, Sega GT 2002, PD Orta, and House of the Dead 3. A box is being sent to my house right now for me to place my Xbox in.

I don't know if I should be getting mine repaired because the DDE just came back up two weeks ago. Although my Xbox isn't as bad as it was the last time I repaired it, its still giving me trouble.

EHWfedPres
01-28-2003, 01:12 PM
my xbox gives me problems sometimes but I realy dont care, unless it freezes before i get to save a game...but that hardly ever happens...mainly because I save my games all the time, after everything I do, I save. I learned that the hard way when my Ultima VIII game froze a while ago after about an hour of playing...:mad:

Cloud Strife
01-28-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
my xbox gives me problems sometimes but I realy dont care, unless it freezes before i get to save a game...but that hardly ever happens...mainly because I save my games all the time, after everything I do, I save. I learned that the hard way when my Ultima VIII game froze a while ago after about an hour of playing...:mad: I just played Outlaw Golf and it happened to work very well. I just want to be safe and make sure there's nothing wrong with my Xbox.;)

Yannie Boy
01-28-2003, 02:36 PM
My box has been giving me way to many probs... freezing, and turning off in the middle of play DDE..................
i honestly don't give a care......i just turn off the system and turn back on and it's just fine................no need to cry because it can't read the disc,,,,just eject and put back in...........nothing in life is perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Cloud Strife
01-28-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Chupacabra
My box has been giving me way to many probs... freezing, and turning off in the middle of play DDE..................
i honestly don't give a care......i just turn off the system and turn back on and it's just fine................no need to cry because it can't read the disc,,,,just eject and put back in...........nothing in life is perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D My Xbox probably doesn't need to be fixed that badly. I just wanted them to take a look at it because it started giving me DDE again when it orginally stopped. I just want to have a working Xbox for I can get Xbox Live and beat everyone here at a game.:)

Yannie Boy
01-28-2003, 02:53 PM
you see there it happened again. my boz froze......once you press the power on button and you see the little blob thingy it makes a sound then cuts off...............and for those DDE last night i got 5 in a row before UC worked...............im just gonna suck it up and make it work....:D