PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell newbie question

Veno
12-13-2002, 10:24 PM
I'm on the 2nd mission, and man, i just dropped into the cooks place, but i can't figure out how to throw a god damn bottle. I've tried holding down the right trigger, left trigger, but i just can't get it to work. Whenever i hit right trigger holding down or not it just drops to the ground and they come investigate where i am.

[oXo]
12-14-2002, 05:56 AM
This is embarrasing 'cause I play the game all the time but I think you first need to press X then aim and pull right trigger to throw.

Throw it into the freezer room then when they go to investigate give 'em both the good old elbow but make sure the guard has left 1st.

Good luck ;)

Veno
12-14-2002, 05:35 PM
Yeah i figured out the x part by button mashing with the bottle out about half a second after i posted this. And i didn't kill the cooks, they were good pps, instead i just picked up another bottle, threw it 5 feet from me int he dark room outside the kitchen. The guard came by and i took him down.

[oXo]
12-15-2002, 01:25 PM
That's the right way= avoid killing too much and save ammo. Instead use the good old elbow whenever possible;)

I also didn't kill them, I elbow'ed them to sleep and hid them in the freezer - hehe

HaloMasterVI
12-16-2002, 04:12 PM
you dont have to even confront the cooks, just make sure the soldier already spit in the soup, crouch tip toe after him and they wont see you.

[oXo]
12-17-2002, 11:27 AM
That's true but I ALWAYS knock out NPCs whenever possible....you never know when you might have to backtrack. Better safe than sorry;)
Besides I like knocking things out :p

preetz16
12-17-2002, 05:22 PM
I don't even have the game yet (im getting it) but I was just wondering... WHne you knock someone out, do they stay down indefenetly (until the end of the mission)?

[oXo]
12-17-2002, 05:50 PM
Yes, if you hide the body they do. Otherwise some guards might wake up their knocked out friend.

bada-bing
12-29-2002, 10:10 PM
lol i go up to the first cook and grab him. the other guy doesnt notice. I put him in the freezer and go grab the other guy lol.

Im on the 2nd Chinese Embasy level. I just got the drunk general to give me his files and now i have to goto ofsrpa extraction. where do i go!