PDA

View Full Version : Required TV Set for XBox

iskai
11-21-2001, 10:47 AM
Hi Guys,
I've read from the FAQ on the XBox site that the xbox cannot be played on any projection TV's? If my TV Set has no GAME mode, and its not a projection TV, can I still play my Xbox there?

l Maximus l
11-21-2001, 10:50 AM
Iskai...Several people in here have Projection TVs and they are playing their XBoxes fine. I don't have a Projection TV, I have a 36" Toshiba S-Video Tube TV, but, this is what I heard from them. There is a guy named Hugh_Jass in these forums that has one of those TVs that project onto a screen as well (I don't remember what those are called). So, as far as I have heard, the XBox can be played on a wide variety of TV types.

iskai
11-21-2001, 10:57 AM
Here's the URL of the FAQ I was saying.
http://www.xbox.com/support/default.htm

I just want to make sure that it will not screw up my TV set since I had an experience with other gaming station and after playing continous hours, then suddenly my TV starts to break down.

scarecrow kfj
11-21-2001, 11:29 AM
on projection tvs you run the chance of burning images in your screen. with procters you dont and on tubes you dont. What kind of tv do you own? do you have video ? do you have the audio video jacks in bac?

l Maximus l
11-21-2001, 11:45 AM
Iskai...Okay, after reading the site I finally found what you are talking about. It says:

"Can I use the Xbox with a projection TV?

Some televisions, especially front- or rear-projection TVs, can be damaged if any video games, including Xbox games, are played on them. Consult your television owner's manual to determine if video games can be played safely on your television set. If you are unable to find this information in the owner's manual, contact your television dealer or the manufacturer to determine if video games can be played safely on your set."

Good recommendation. I would call the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) of the TV. What kind of TV is it? Call the company...they are bound to have a toll free customer service number.

iskai
11-21-2001, 11:57 AM
I have the SONY Wega 32". To make it sure, I will call the Customer Service as well. Thanks Guys!

l Maximus l
11-21-2001, 12:02 PM
Iskai...dude, your Wega is fine...that is a Tube TV...so, no problems for you on that TV...nice TV :)

scarecrow kfj
11-21-2001, 12:07 PM
yeah it should be fine. hell you should even have an s video hook up in back

l Maximus l
11-21-2001, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by scarecrow kfj
yeah it should be fine. hell you should even have an s video hook up in back

Exactly...get the Advanced AV Pack :D I have one...it makes a huge difference compared to the regular RCA connectors (though, I will have to say, the RCAs do a good job - they even have gold connections :))