PDA

View Full Version : YoYoYo....Xbox Manufacture Poll (merged)

Kortiz
12-13-2002, 11:19 PM
got a question

WHERE WAS YOUR XBOX MANUFACTURED?!?!?!?!?!?!?

and where did ya buy that mofo?

ARONO129
12-14-2002, 12:38 AM
In Mexico. Yes it works perfectly.

ARONO129
12-14-2002, 01:01 AM
I have heard that Xboxes made in Mexico become defective at some point in time. Probably from the same rumer mill where people stated thier Xbox overheated and melted the logo on top. I am trying to disprove this rumor.

In my poll I'm asking where your Xbox was manufactured and if you have had problems with it.

Reclaimer
12-14-2002, 03:52 AM
I have the Mexican box, and it's been proudly serving with no problems for a long time now.

Cloud Strife
12-14-2002, 07:25 AM
My Xbox was made in MExico on 10/31/01. Mine works pretty well on playing games that I buy brand new for myself. But, it has trouble playing OXM demo disk and Blockbuster rented games. I usually rent the first copy of a new game at Blockbuster. The main problem with my Xbox is DDE once in a while and hearing the disc stop and go while making a large click sound to reload. If it does it for a while, I get a DDE.

Casper
12-14-2002, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
My Xbox was made in MExico on 10/31/01. Mine works pretty well on playing games that I buy brand new for myself. But, it has trouble playing OXM demo disk and Blockbuster rented games. I usually rent the first copy of a new game at Blockbuster. The main problem with my Xbox is DDE once in a while and hearing the disc stop and go while making a large click sound to reload. If it does it for a while, I get a DDE.

Same here man :)

I think I'm gonna try and see if I can get that fixed

Runs to phone and falls on face after tripping over his own feet

ARONO129
12-14-2002, 10:05 AM
I didn't know you mods could combine Chicken SHHHH's post and my poll and combine them like that.

You guys have amazing powers.

P.S. As another demonstration of your amazing powers can you tack on an extra post to my total?

P-Rock
12-14-2002, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by ARONO129
I didn't know you mods could combine Chicken SHHHH's post and my poll and combine them like that.

You guys have amazing powers.

P.S. As another demonstration of your amazing powers can you tack on an extra post to my total?

Ahh, The Power of Mod

Kortiz
12-14-2002, 12:48 PM
oops, i didnt copy ARONO did i?

if so sorry.....wondered why i couldnt access the webpage via email link.....OH WELL

Kraft
12-14-2002, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by P-Rock

Ahh, The Power of Mod

*There is no power greater than mod... err... x*

No Fear 23
12-14-2002, 01:53 PM
i have no problems so far

but only a few dirty disc errors from blockbuster games

TheCovenant
12-14-2002, 11:24 PM
and i havnt had any problems with it.

I mean sure, that demo disc, and some blockbuster games freeze up unoccasionaly, but that's only because of sloppy programming on OXM, and uncared for blockbuster games. (the average blockbuster employee is NOT a gamer)

so, as far as that goes, all xbox's work fine. that rumor is just a rumor.

wweomaniac
12-14-2002, 11:59 PM
2 from mexico. One broke and had to be replaced.

ARONO129
12-15-2002, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH
oops, i didnt copy ARONO did i?

if so sorry.....wondered why i couldnt access the webpage via email link.....OH WELL

No. Neither one of us copied the other. You asked a good question and I got the idea from it to post a poll.

The mods pulled some Harry Potter **** and combined it.

LynxFX
12-15-2002, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by ARONO129
No. Neither one of us copied the other. You asked a good question and I got the idea from it to post a poll.

The mods pulled some Harry Potter **** and combined it.
Just call me Harry Potter. :)
Chicken was first but Arono had the poll. Sorry for any confusion. It is an interesting poll.

BTW: Hungary (bought at launch) and no problems.

WynnFire
12-15-2002, 03:12 AM
Mine was made in Mexico and has died on my a couple of times but I have always been able to use it again minutes later. I haven't had it fixed or replaced yet. It had a little problem reading a TC Ghost Recon disk but now it works great.