PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell or Halo

hiter101
12-14-2002, 05:06 PM
wat do u guys think is a better and a more innovative game i bet most people would say that halo is but i really dont like halo that much in my oppinion (please be kind :D ) i think its an xbox counterstrike :o but Splinter Cell is an awesom game in plot and graphics and innovation so i vote splinter cell :)

Xbox Owner
12-14-2002, 05:14 PM
Splinter Cell..:)

EDIT: I just looked at your sig, and realized how bad I used to be..:eek:

OuFtb
12-14-2002, 05:15 PM
I like Splinter Cell more than Halo just cause, I really have no reason.

Davidjazzman12
12-14-2002, 05:17 PM
ya splinter cell is the best that is what i vote for

BTW what hsould my xbox live gamertag be

$ D MONEY $
Dangerous D

or something else (please give some suggestions, maybe something to do with basketball)

thanx

hiter101
12-14-2002, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Xbox Owner
Splinter Cell..:)

EDIT: I just looked at your sig, and realized how bad I used to be..:eek:

if u want u can make me a new one i wnat hod it against u ;)

Cloud Strife
12-14-2002, 05:29 PM
I'd say Halo. If I had the chance to play Splinter Cell more, I might go for it. I say Gun Valkyire is the best.

I'm sad right now.

shrew king
12-14-2002, 05:31 PM
i like Splinter Cell because it takes strategy, Halo's single player is pretty straight forward and gets repetitive.

tacticsman
12-14-2002, 06:39 PM
just buy both. they are they two best games and everyone should have them

l Maximus l
12-14-2002, 06:50 PM
I like both of them. Though, I will admit, XBox Live was the only thing that got me away from Halo. I played Halo for a straight year and did not get bored of it...I'm still not...not even close. I think it will hold up until the launch of Halo 2.

As for Splinter Cell....like Halo, it is a step up for gaming. But, unlike Halo the game really is...it's a completely different game with a completely different premise. It's like comparing apples and oranges here.

Both are bad ass...and, in my opinion, every XBox owner should own them both. If you don't...get your ass to your local gaming retailer!! :D

siayajin
12-14-2002, 06:59 PM
Personally, whenever I'm playing xbox is when I have friends over, which means multi-player games get the most usage, which also means my vote is for HALO.

However, if I actually have the time to play a single player game, then it'd probably be SC.

Rochey69r
12-14-2002, 11:35 PM
halo without a doubt.

just amazing game.

not taking anything away from SC.

ive played the demo and loved it.

p.s. timesplitters 2 is almost better than halo for multi!!

try it

destroydemons
12-15-2002, 12:30 AM
i like halo cuz once you beat spliner cell i wouldn't think there is any thing to really do that would be as fun as it was the first time beating it. and, halo is way better playing with friends cuz u hav multiplayer and stuff

Liquid Gears
12-15-2002, 12:49 AM
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell is 10 times better than Halo. Halo's old skool XBOX. Keep updated and go wit Splinter Cell

HaloMasterVI
12-15-2002, 04:39 AM
That's a tough decision man. I say get both because they are the best at what each genre does by a landslide.

Halo is one of my favs, it takes everything out of all FPS and throws something brand new and unique at you. I've played Halo more than any console game I've ever bought and still pick it up on occasion. Multiplayer games with 16, are unmatched in fun for console games. The missions in Halo are awesome. Everything is so ploished, Ive been raving abotu this game for over a year now.

Splinter Cell has destroyed MGS2S for me, the Sons of Liberty game seems so lame now compared to SC, you feel like you are in control of the situation with SC, you feel like you're a blind person viewing yourself where you can't look ahead of you without stopping in MGS2, but up until SC, MGS2 was the best looking and playing stealth game. SC buries it gameplay and graphics wise. MGS2S is also worth buying for the extra content alone which may not look as good but play 10x better than the SOL game, and wil extend longevity.

Insane Jester
12-15-2002, 08:35 AM
I bought the xbox because of halo .. Everyone who has seen halo has said "WOW" .. I think both games are the same but in differnt ways .... its so easy to dis a game that u havent played for a long time but i bet we all had fun with halo ...i wouldnt be without any of them .. ...

No Fear 23
12-15-2002, 10:40 AM
well, i boguht my xbox bc of DOA3 commercail i saw. i was lik holy ***** im gonna get it. a week later i found out about halo and on that day, i bought my xbox.

so neway, there are alot of good games coming out and i would say that everyone should own halo and SC

HaloMasterVI
12-15-2002, 01:11 PM
It's up to you, what genre do you like the most?

Slacker
12-15-2002, 02:15 PM
I think Halo has more replay, legendary is so fun , but SC has awesome thigs as well, I think they both are equal I love them both

SPARTAN VI
12-15-2002, 02:32 PM
I don't have Splinter Cell, but I know that eventually I will get bored of it because I'm only playing by myself. Halo's single player DOES get repetitive, but playing 8 v 8 at LAN parties is where it's at. If you havent had a LAN part with Halo, then your missing out. It's not the same when playing over XBConnect cuz you arent really playing with your friends and you can't smack them when they do something wrong.

If you haven't hada LAN pary with Halo, scrap up some friends, and DO IT. Then you'll know which is better.

BTW, I'm gettin Splinter Cell for Christmas (yippee:) :D ).

MerimacHamwich
12-15-2002, 10:09 PM
Halo = Decent game, nothing great, doesn't even have bots.
Splinter Cell = Amazing.

SPARTAN VI
12-15-2002, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Halo = Decent game, nothing great, doesn't even have bots.
Splinter Cell = Amazing.

Who needs bots if you have 15 friends to play at a LAN party?

HaloMasterVI
12-16-2002, 09:18 AM
Althoguh I've been to several LAN Halo parties, they are rare and you don't always have a bunch of friends around. Now that I think about it, I can't make a judgement really. The only way I'll be able to choose is after I finish SC on Hard mode and decide if I wanna play it anymore cause Halo has given me the omst replay EVER for an offline game.

If I'd never played either one, I think SC MIGHT edge out Halo, but I'm probably only saying that cause I've logged on more than 1000 hours with Halo.

Master Chief 33
12-18-2002, 08:16 PM
They both are good in their own ways, Halo is more fun and just straight out action, Splinter Cell takes more time and is strategy mostly. But I love them both

LukeThaSpook
12-19-2002, 11:07 PM
I'm gonna have to say Halo, mainly because I haven't played Splinter Cell yet. I'm getting Splinter Cell in a couple of days anyway, so I'll have a better description of which I think is better. I still think I'll like Halo better though. I just like the storyline from Halo, I guess.

2k2freak23
12-20-2002, 06:16 PM
halo because u can play it on multiplayer and thats fun:D

bada-bing
12-29-2002, 10:21 PM
splinter cell is an amazing game but somtines i have that urge to just blow everyones heads of and pump an elite with assult ammo, or obliverate 5 floods with a rocket launcher. just cant do that in splinter cell. I own them both by the way.

EHWfedPres
12-29-2002, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by SPARTAN VI

Who needs bots if you have 15 friends to play at a LAN party?

Exactly...although bots would have been a nice addition because not everyone has a lan party every night...

Splinter cell has considerably less replay value than Halo, thats a given. Halo is still being widely played even by those who have got it at Xbox launch...like myself. I doubt you people will be playing Splinter Cell on December 27th, 2003 if you have it already...

EDIT: whoops...today is the 29th, my bad. :D

sphinx
12-30-2002, 05:24 AM
are u guys ****ing stupid!!!!!!!!! splinter cell is going to have DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT meaning more levels and ****, damn u all r like, missing the point of splinter cells live abilities... hmmm

i vote splinter cell, considering it will be one ending story once the creators make more content.. duh

Jenkins12
01-04-2003, 02:52 PM
I say both SC and Halo are pretty good. But one thing I don't like about SC is it gets hard. But it is still a really good game.:cool:

Chillncichock
01-07-2003, 01:30 PM
Splinter cell is a good game with great graphics but I think when halo 2 comes out the graphics will be just as good(maybe a lil better) I also think halo 2 will have another great story to it :eek: my pick is splinter cell until halo 2 comes out:D