PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: KOTOR

hiter101
12-14-2002, 09:42 PM
anyone got any info on this game for some reason i really want this game and yet no nothing about it (damn lucas franchise) anyways anyone got some juicy facts they wanna share :)

VeNoMiZA
12-14-2002, 09:46 PM
i heard its one player only.:confused: \

i heard its a myth

i heard that if u play this game yoda kidnaps ur children :confused:

i heard if u scream jedi five times in the mirror candy man comes for you.:confused:

i heard some creepy stuff on that game....

hiter101
12-14-2002, 09:48 PM
i tried the screaming jedi thing and it didnt work all i saw was jason with an ax :rolleyes:

VenoM
12-14-2002, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by VeNoMiZA
i heard its one player only.:confused: \

you serious?:( i thought this was gonna be on xbl :confused: if this indeed is only a one player game then that just killed the game...atleast to me it has :(

TheCovenant
12-16-2002, 01:38 AM
i want it even more now...............

Dre
12-16-2002, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by VenoM

you serious?:( i thought this was gonna be on xbl :confused: if this indeed is only a one player game then that just killed the game...atleast to me it has :(

You are probably thinking of Star Wars Galaxies which will be a MMORPG on XBL.

Star Wars KOTOR has always been a single player game.

TheCovenant
12-16-2002, 05:27 PM
what? now i want it EVEN MORE!

thedrisc
12-18-2002, 09:09 AM
check out lucasarts site. they put up a lot of new info on KOTOR.

http://www.lucasarts.com/products/swkotor/default.htm

Korriban (sith home world)

"The unwary traveler arriving at the tiny spaceport of Dreshdae will only find a barren, forgotten backwater community of temporary settlements and crudely constructed shelters. Perhaps as the competent local mechanic services your ship, you might begin to sense that there is something else here, something festering. Soon you may start to hear things such as harsh voices slowly drifting through the thick air. Your heart will begin to beat faster, and your skin will begin to itch under your collar with the urge to climb back into your ship and leave this soulless place behind forever. Korriban is a graveyard of Sith Lords and a former power base of the Sith order. This is the cradle of darkness.

The spaceport is under the roof of the Czerka Corporation stronghold, the very center of power for the giant corporation run by President Pollard Seario. The city itself owes its existence to the power created by Czerka's generators. Perhaps Pollard seeks solace from his uncountable holdings in the vast emptiness of this world; perhaps he dreams of shadowy promises that ooze from the tombs of long dead Sith Lords.

Within Dreshdae is the Sith monastery -- still teeming with those who would wish to join the Sith order. Its ominous halls resonate with the cries of anguish from those who are undeserving of the order's dark power. Their stay within its merciless walls is short, brutal and forgotten.

For the very few who survive the Sith training and wish to complete their final rite of passage into the cold embrace of the Sith, they must face the Valley of the Dark Lords. Hundreds of ancient Sith sorcerers wait within the mausoleums. They lie in their dusty beds waiting to devour the weak and unworthy. The Valley seethes with the foul energy of a thousand restless spirits murmuring of sinister glories. "

Shadow20002
12-18-2002, 04:28 PM
Yeah only single player but......a ultimate one for your taste this spring !!!

TheCovenant
12-21-2002, 01:14 AM
yea.................

i didnt read anything up there cause im afraid it'll ruin the story....or the game.

But thanx anyway!

EHWfedPres
12-29-2002, 02:26 PM
story? who cares, play the game and have fun. After all, that IS the whole idea behind video games...:rolleyes:

Fred Gasman
12-29-2002, 03:01 PM
sounds cool:eek:

TheCovenant
12-30-2002, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
story? who cares, play the game and have fun. After all, that IS the whole idea behind video games...:rolleyes: ummm.

okay.

rpg's are usually story driven. that IS part of the fun. You think slashing away in morrowind ithe funnest thing in the world?

it's very repetetive. and well, boring. same thing for a lot of rpg's. the battle systems are cool and they require strategy, but thats not why im gonna spend five hours leveling up......

i wanna know what happens next!

Whoopage
12-31-2002, 05:00 PM
Man i so wish they had released the expansion disc for Morrowind on Xbox as well as PC... but oh well..

Anyways....Back on topic....i can't wait for this game to be released....i've been reading up opn t for a year now and its finally only a month away from being released...well, a little more than a month but i like to be optimistic...

TheCovenant
12-31-2002, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Whoopage
Man i so wish they had released the expansion disc for Morrowind on Xbox as well as PC... but oh well..

Anyways....Back on topic....i can't wait for this game to be released....i've been reading up opn t for a year now and its finally only a month away from being released...well, a little more than a month but i like to be optimistic...

are you sure about that release date?
link please...

Dre
01-06-2003, 01:19 PM
Check out the KOTOR footage on streaming video from this link:

http://www.telstra.com/multimediaguide/html/subsection/games/gameon.asp?SMIDENTITY=NO#

Game is looking awesome!

thedrisc
01-06-2003, 01:58 PM
thanks dre! that was awesome. the combat system looks really cool. I also like that xbox room he is sitting in.:eek:

darkneo43770
01-19-2003, 09:26 PM
The fact that it doesn't have a multiplayer means the one player will be better and more worked on:cool:

Dre
01-19-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by darkneo43770
The fact that it doesn't have a multiplayer means the one player will be better and more worked on:cool:

Darn right! This game is gonna be real sweet! Welcome to the site btw, good to see some new peeps posting in the RPG forum on something that ain't Morrowind :D

EHWfedPres
01-20-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by darkneo43770

Yes, and besides...multiplayer rpg's are always stupid unless its massive multiplayer, but thats just my opinion.

i have a question...is the gameplay linear or open-ended?

Cloud Strife
01-20-2003, 09:19 PM
I believe it's follows a certain story but I feel you can go almost anywhere. If the game is linear and has a little turn based mixed in, I may pick it up. I'm not a very big Star Wars fan though.

EHWfedPres
01-20-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
I believe it's follows a certain story but I feel you can go almost anywhere. If the game is linear and has a little turn based mixed in, I may pick it up. I'm not a very big Star Wars fan though.

The combat is all real-time, i know that part...and how could you not be a star wars fan? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Cloud Strife
01-20-2003, 10:18 PM
The combat is all real-time, i know that part...and how could you not be a star wars fan? I don't know. I've only seen the first Star Wars movie. I didn't see any other. I haven't been to the movie theater in over 10 years with anybody. Most of my friends hate me though. I prefer the Japanese Anime with no english voices anyway.;)

I'll tell you one thing I did. I bought Sky Gunner for PS2 just too watch the opening anime cutscene at the very beginning of the game. I love hearing the music with it because it's in Japanese.

just some guy
01-24-2003, 02:25 PM
The combat is a mix of turn based and real time. But the action is so fast you won't really notice it's turn based aparently. They put that in so you can give orders to the people in your group. I'm going to have to see more gameplay footage of combat and maybe rent it first to see if i like that. I don't like turn based combat systems. It will take the fun out of it for me if my enemy and I are taking turn attacking. I want the oportunity to overwhelm not press buttons and watch my guy attack and then watch what my opponent does to me. This will look especially bad with gun fights i think. But i gotta wait and see.

frog11983
01-24-2003, 08:37 PM
man i am really excited about the xbox live option, i think they could do a lot with it. and the fighting area of the game is really cool, i didn't know what to expect, but i am pleased with it. :)

TheCovenant
02-03-2003, 08:00 PM
The combat is all real-time, i know that part...and how could you not be a star wars fan? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

how could you like starwars?
it's so bad......the acting, even the special effects! (lost to the matrix 1999-200 academy awards)

i liked the first three but after return of the jedi......absolute crap. thats why they are not doing as well in the box office....

oh, well. but we all still have to endure the almost garunteed fdailure......episode three

pum pum pum.....:confused:

frog11983
02-08-2003, 06:54 PM
wha wha??? how could we like starwars?? the story is so epic you have no choice but to like it. i agree the return of the jedi kicked some ace, but i'll admitt that i did like the prequels, even though they aren't as good as the "classics". keep in mind that you have to "setup" the story some how. i am guessing that episode 3 is going be awsome, i mean anikin going to the dark side and all, becoming darth vader. and besides, this game that is coming out isn't about the present movies. this games is based around a thousand years before the first episode. and no matter what you think.. starwars still rocks.

TheCovenant
02-22-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by frog11983
wha wha??? how could we like starwars?? the story is so epic you have no choice but to like it. i agree the return of the jedi kicked some ace, but i'll admitt that i did like the prequels, even though they aren't as good as the "classics". keep in mind that you have to "setup" the story some how. i am guessing that episode 3 is going be awsome, i mean anikin going to the dark side and all, becoming darth vader. and besides, this game that is coming out isn't about the present movies. this games is based around a thousand years before the first episode. and no matter what you think.. starwars still rocks.

keep in mind im dissing the movies, not this all time great rpg for xbox......

and i think the new lord of the rings series takes the spot of epic story line this time around, even the matrix series has it in the special efects category.......

JJaX
02-24-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by TheCovenant
keep in mind im dissing the movies, not this all time great rpg for xbox......

and i think the new lord of the rings series takes the spot of epic story line this time around, even the matrix series has it in the special efects category.......

Why dont we settle it like this...

Starwars is cool.

The matrix is cool.

LOTR is cool.

frog11983
02-24-2003, 12:28 PM
I can agree on that...