PDA

View Full Version : Half-Life vs Halo

Leo
12-15-2002, 11:34 AM
Hello.

Today I would like to think about Half-Life and Halo.

Halo and Hafl-Life were both Games of The Year.
Hafl-Life had 5 award winning title that includes Hafl-Life, Hafl-Life Opposing Force, Hafl-Life Counter Strike, Hafl-Life Blue Shift and Hafl-Life Team Fortress Classic.

Half-Life was a Game Of The Year in 1998 if I am not mistaken.
Halo was Game Of The Year in 2001.

I like Hafl-life more than Halo. Why you might ask? I know Half-Life dosen't have a graphics like Halo. But it's not the graphics.

It's gameplay of Halo and Half-Life. OK they are both First-Person Shooters, they both playable online. Half-Life on Gamespy and Halo on Gamespy are both good and playable. I never played Halo online neither Hafl-Life.

I think Hafl-Life is better than Halo because there no load times in Hafl-Life. Hafl-Life just goes and goes by chapters without loading times. Halo has long loading times and devided into levels. Hafl-Life is never ending FPS game. Hafl-Life is longer than Halo.
Hafl-Life has better enemies than Halo. Hafl-Life has both aliens and humans. Halo has only aliens. In hafl-Life you don't have to just go and shoot, you have to think! In Halo it's pretty easy,just go and go and shoot. Halo have MUCH MUCH BETTER GRAPHICS THAN Hafl-Life. Now my opinion and what I think both about these two great games, I say Hafl-Life is much better than Halo.

One day I was playing Hafl-Life for THREE STRAIGHT DAYS! And Passed. AFter I finished the Hafl-Life I said like where was I?? I wasn't at home I was really in outside world I felt very good and nice. I felt like I wasn't at my home, I was somewhere else for all three days, I was AMAZED! I know it's sound a bit weird but that's what I felt after playing Hafl-Life for 3 days. Hafl-Life really takes you deep to good scary adventure. Halo didn't do that, Halo is just simple First-Person Shooter, but Hafl-Life is AMAZNG GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not against Halo. I just like to share with people of what I think about these two games.

I am sure Hafl-Life 2 will come at the end of 2003 and proabably will be The Game Of The Year. Why???

Well I know that Halo 2 will be better than Halo. Halo 2 will also support Xbox Live. That will be great fun!

Hafl-Life 2 I think and hope that it will support Xbox Live, like Deathmatch and Capture The Flag. Hafl-Life I hope will have special science vehicles with special guns, new enemies, new weapons and a longer game. If Hafl-Life going to have all these things I think it will BLOW HALO 2 OUT OF THE WAY!!!!!! But I am not sure yet!

Time will tell.

I still like Halo. I will play it. But I just think what I really think about these two good games. They are both good. But Hafl-Life is amazing!

Thank you for reading this post.

Please don't flame, I am not againts Halo I am just saying my opinions about Halo and Hafl-Life. I STILL LIKE Halo.

Please reply.

Thank you.

VeNoMiZA
12-15-2002, 11:44 AM
i have half life and ur right i did get lost when i first played it. i remember plkaying it like crazy and playin it really loud in my studio proffesional head phones made by sony, its funny becuzz i only use those head phones for recording, anyways the head phones have surround sound and it was creepy in the begininng wtaching the screen trun black and seeingf those aliens looking at me. halo is just as great the campaign mode is as deep leo, it makes me feel as if i really am in that planet specially the secound level when u have to save the marines. both are great games. but the ps2 version of half life was good but the ps2 controller sux for FPS. i would say the only way u could compare half life to halo is becuzzz of theyre greatness. halo is very deep with the fighting and story. the mobnsters in halo look amazing i luv them. for half life they are also amazing. hey leo have you noticed in half life if you catch one of those green aliens with obne eye by them selves they run away from you? they are cowards but when they are grouped they will attack you. both games are great. and the reason i like half life is because of all the mods the addons like counterstrike, TFC, firearms, DOD, Action half life, those are great mods.

Leo
12-15-2002, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by VeNoMiZA
i have half life and ur right i did get lost when i first played it. i remember plkaying it like crazy and playin it really loud in my studio proffesional head phones made by sony, its funny becuzz i only use those head phones for recording, anyways the head phones have surround sound and it was creepy in the begininng wtaching the screen trun black and seeingf those aliens looking at me. halo is just as great the campaign mode is as deep leo, it makes me feel as if i really am in that planet specially the secound level when u have to save the marines. both are great games. but the ps2 version of half life was good but the ps2 controller sux for FPS. i would say the only way u could compare half life to halo is becuzzz of theyre greatness. halo is very deep with the fighting and story. the mobnsters in halo look amazing i luv them. for half life they are also amazing. hey leo have you noticed in half life if you catch one of those green aliens with obne eye by them selves they run away from you? they are cowards but when they are grouped they will attack you. both games are great. and the reason i like half life is because of all the mods the addons like counterstrike, TFC, firearms, DOD,
Action half life, those are great mods.

Have you hear of Haf-Life Redemption? That MOD is a single Palyer it's awesome! I have it! It should come with COunter-Strike. Select custom game from Counter Strke and look for a name called Redemption. Check it out!

VeNoMiZA
12-15-2002, 11:51 AM
let me check
:cool:

Leo
12-15-2002, 11:54 AM
let me check
:cool:

Reaply me when you are finished checking!

in Redemption you fight with Gonarch almost at the start of the game.You fight Gonarch in a Hafl Park. I can't beat that Creepy Gonarch! The MOD is sick and awesome! With new enemies!!!

VeNoMiZA
12-15-2002, 11:54 AM
crap man i dont have it.. :( when u gonna start playin online man? so i could school u lol.:D

addicted_2_xbox
12-15-2002, 11:58 AM
The only thing wrong with haLF-Life is that I got stuck a lot. Like I'm stuck now, at the damn part where your on the little railroad thing, I already launched the rocket, and now I don't know what to do.

Halo single player was ***, but as soon as I played link, I didn't care. It was better than CS is over network.

Leo
12-15-2002, 12:04 PM
crap man i dont have it.. :( when u gonna start playin online man? so i could school u lol.:D

WHAT THE ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You Should have it!!!!!!

Select custom game. Look for Redemption selcet ACTIVE.

It's a SIngle Player Mod. Go to HERE (http://www.planethafllife.com/espacemode/us_index.html) then at the top you should see a search box, where it said Your Choice. Click on Your Choice select Single Player then, you see another search box, full of all kinds of diffrent Single Player mods for Hafl-Life!! Click on it look for Redemption select it click Go. And download it. Try it. Tell me if you got it. I hope the link will work. Reply me back after you will check the site.

Watch your language, Leo. The curse word filters are there to stop people from posting words like that, not to give you something to try and skirt around by changing their spelling and such.
~Kraft-XBA

Leo
12-15-2002, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by addicted_2_xbox
The only thing wrong with haLF-Life is that I got stuck a lot. Like I'm stuck now, at the damn part where your on the little railroad thing, I already launched the rocket, and now I don't know what to do.

Halo single player was ***, but as soon as I played link, I didn't care. It was better than CS is over network.

I stuck a lot in Hafl-Life! Here is the solution go HERE (http://www.planethafllife.com/hafl-life/guide/walkthrough/) it's a walk through for a whole entire Hafl-Life. Hope the link works! Tell me if the link worked. And tell me if the guide helped you.

VeNoMiZA
12-15-2002, 12:12 PM
i dont have it leo why you fliped out so much ?
:confused:

rio2012
12-15-2002, 12:12 PM
Ok guys here si the deal, Counter Strike comes with Redemption only if u got the retail version of CS which some people have, but most of us just downloaded it as a mod for half-life which do not
come with Redemption and there is your solution.:D

Leo
12-15-2002, 12:14 PM
Go here for Redemption. The link that I made for Redemption wrong. Try this one. GO HERE (http://www.planethalflife.com/espacemod/us_index.html) Hope it works.

Xbox Owner
12-15-2002, 12:14 PM
You guys took this thread to hell.:(

Leo
12-15-2002, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by rio2012
Ok guys here si the deal, Counter Strike comes with Redemption only if u got the retail version of CS which some people have, but most of us just downloaded it as a mod for half-life which do not
come with Redemption and there is your solution.:D

I know that Redemption is a mod. But I bought Hafl_life Plantium Collection. There was Counter-Strike, I clicked on custom game from Counter Strike menu, and found Redemption and played it. It was a great game!

TheCovenant
12-15-2002, 06:42 PM
ummm i dont know about you, but halo was much, much longer than half-life. One level in half life can take you a minumum of 45 minutes ( two betrayals, assault on control room)

and if you didnt notice, halo is so MUCH bigger that half-life that it has to load that long. you also had to consider that halo is loading a lot more than half-life, and jason jones (lead project directer of halo) didn't want to implement checkpoints in halo, so instead he put auto-check points instead of that quick save deal.

Half-life on the other hand, just kept continuing from where you saved.

And half-life is the only game of the year from that above list. Counter strike got best mod, but blue shift and opposing forces and even team fortress where not as stellar as the other two.

I think Halo is the NEXT half-life. Half-life seemed unbeatable, in its time. However i think halo is the next step. Half-life reigned supreme for four years and now halo is the first to out do it in A.I., story, and overall feel in innovation and gameplay.

halo is the next half-life.

rio2012
12-15-2002, 06:50 PM
I CAN'T WAIT TILL C.S. v1.6

Its going to be great click the link for more info on CS 1.6 http://www.gamespy.com/previews/december02/csczpc/

HaloMasterVI
12-16-2002, 09:23 AM
How about this, judging HL vs Halo is unfair at this point because Halo hasn't been released for the PC yet, so there's no mods out. compare Half life on PS2 to Halo on Xbox is a fair comparison and Halo is superior. Maybe Halo didn't genre define as much as HL did years back, but looking at HL now, Halo eclipses it, both in multi and single player. Half Life 2 and Halo 2 is what you should be worry about cause they appear tey might release pretty close together, I'm thinking HL2 doesn';t have a prayer after all I';ve looked at on Halo2.

Cloud Strife
12-16-2002, 09:24 AM
Halo without a doubt. I didn't really like Half-Life very much.

TheCovenant
12-17-2002, 05:54 PM
agreed.......:)

Master Chief 33
12-18-2002, 12:26 AM
Halo of course

TheCovenant
12-27-2002, 11:45 PM
halo....duh!

KnightX
01-03-2003, 02:06 AM
Half-Life was revolutionary - but so is Halo. More than 007 Goldeneye was for the N64, if you ask me. Halo is still one of the most talked about games more than a year after the game's release.

A funny story about my Half-Life experience. I didn't get to play it until almost a year and a half after it came out because my computer was a piece of crap. My mother-in-law felt sorry for me because everytime I went into a store I would look at it and drool - so she gave me her 166 mhz computer. After playing for a really long time and just falling asleep at the keyboard, I went to bed. My wife started logging onto the internet and the computer modem started making it's *beeeep whirrr hissssss* - I sat up in bed (in my sleep) and yelled at my wife "DROP THAT SNARK!"

Yeah, Half-Life really sucked me in.

I hope they make Halo 2 twice as long and as big as the first one.

Stormlord
01-15-2003, 09:26 PM
Leo when you said no load time in Half-Life that confused me. :confused: If I remember just like Halo you loaded the next area of the maps. But unlike Half-Life you had to load the next major levels. But that's a slap in the face to Halo for saying that Half-Life is better cause there's no loading in the levels. :eek: