PDA

View Full Version : Do you think......

ShadowManTQ
12-15-2002, 02:31 PM
Do you think the XBOX will survive? I have herd reports at my local game store that there was no way they were gonna make and I should ditch the system now while the trade in value is still high for a PS2 or GC. I am thinking of doing this but I totaly love my XBOX. What do you guys think on this? Will it survive or die and why?

VeNoMiZA
12-15-2002, 02:33 PM
this thread has been made before, of course not. the xbox will not die with a man like bill gates behind it theres no way it is going to die.. you are ignorant if you listen to people babbling and you dont see any facts there.

SPARTAN VI
12-15-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by VeNoMiZA
this thread has been made before, of course not. the xbox will not die with a man like bill gates behind it theres no way it is going to die.. you are ignorant if you listen to people babbling and you dont see any facts there.

*says the same thing as VeNoMiZA and adds*

So never go back to that game store.:)

FuNkY mOnK
12-15-2002, 03:06 PM
Ok shoot that guy with a sticky shocker. Now, pick up the data stick and read. Right now there are only three companies in the console industry and one will most likely go the Sega route and its not MS. MS is setting up the future for the next round and the purchase of Rare proves that and god only knows who else will join the dark forces. With games like doom 3 and other hot titles to hit the Xbox and talks about launching the xbox2 before Sony, only tells me that MS is very serious about getting that 9 billion dollar a year piece of pie. If anyone can afford to loose money it’s MS, a debt free company that can buy Sony a million times over. Sony is not the one and only.

p.s what is the number to that store, i have to settle a few things.

Cloud Strife
12-15-2002, 06:03 PM
Microsoft ain't going anywhere. They did not purchase Rare just to drop out of the console race. They are actually doing quite well as a company. Bill Gates has over $48 Billion in cash. He still had a net profit of $2.2 billion last quarter.

rio2012
12-15-2002, 06:33 PM
In one powerfull Quote I just made up:D

"Till the sun rises on a world without consoles Xbox will remain the best in the console war."

Reclaimer
12-15-2002, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK
Ok shoot that guy with a sticky shocker. Now, pick up the data stick and read. Right now there are only three companies in the console industry and one will most likely go the Sega route and its not MS. MS is setting up the future for the next round and the purchase of Rare proves that and god only knows who else will join the dark forces. With games like doom 3 and other hot titles to hit the Xbox and talks about launching the xbox2 before Sony, only tells me that MS is very serious about getting that 9 billion dollar a year piece of pie. If anyone can afford to loose money it’s MS, a debt free company that can buy Sony a million times over. Sony is not the one and only.

p.s what is the number to that store, i have to settle a few things.

I agree with the above statement 100%. Pretty much what I was going to say. The only thing left is to speculate which out of Nintendo and Sony is going to drop out. I don't know any particular sales data, but judging that Sony is like MS, meaning they have a large percentage of their company involved in other technologies and products, I think Nintendo would be the one that eventually drops out. Sony wouldn't because they have so much stake in the electronics business and they just partnered up with IBM to make the PS3, they have a certain staying power to them. Nintendo though whose business survives on it's consoles only has been in trouble before and I remember reading in the Wall Street Journal a long time ago, that when the N64 came out, Nintendo was about to tank, and their only saving grace was going to depend on the popularity of the Zelda Ocrina of Time game. (I think that's what it was called, it was the N64 Zelda). Well, they somehow managed to stay afloat. Now recently, the Eurpean Trade Commision just slapped Nintendo with a huge multi million dollar fine for price fixing it's European game releases for the last several years spanning 2 consoles. Meaning they hiked the price of games in different countries to make a profit depending on how well it sold in what territory. So know they're in financial distress again. This article with in the USA Register, a technology newsletter. I'd post a link, put the site is down for maintenance. So in all, I think Nintendo is the one is more likely to pull out first.

No Fear 23
12-15-2002, 06:39 PM
im tired of hearing threads like this

well of course, xbox will not fail

xbl is goin strong and bill gates is still rich

AmpedRider
12-15-2002, 06:49 PM
slap ur self dude and then come back and talk

VeNoMiZA
12-15-2002, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by irule23
im tired of hearing threads like this

well of course, xbox will not fail

xbl is goin strong and bill gates is still rich
im very annoyed to hear idiots panicing becuzz they heard from the "store" that xbox is gonna die than they come and make pointless threads about it. gad fukin shat USE YOUR HEAD !! sit down and think before you do somthin stupid like this.

FuNkY mOnK
12-15-2002, 07:20 PM
Maybe he's a newbie to xbox and needs reassurance? like Splinter cell and mgs2s wasn't enough.

# 1 Stunner
12-15-2002, 07:31 PM
ya man you crazy if u think the xbox gonna fail dont listen to dem dudes they wack...............

Cloud Strife
12-15-2002, 07:38 PM
I'll agree that store employees are uninformed. At my local Meijer, people come in and ask the lady that works there what is the best game to buy. You wouldn't believe the kind of games she told people to buy.

Unreal
12-15-2002, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by ShadowManTQ
Do you think the XBOX will survive? I have herd reports at my local game store that there was no way they were gonna make and I should ditch the system now while the trade in value is still high for a PS2 or GC. I am thinking of doing this but I totaly love my XBOX. What do you guys think on this? Will it survive or die and why?
I feel dumber reading this thread :mad: If you are any kind of fan of the Xbox you would know that MS is backing it 100%. Both the system and XBL. 2 Billion dollars in the next 5 years for XBL does not sound like the Xbox is going anywhere anytime soon.

Cloud Strife
12-15-2002, 07:42 PM
Hasn't Microsoft just added another $2 billion on Xbox. I thought so.:)

ARONO129
12-15-2002, 09:41 PM
Maybe that store had to push PS2's that week. Like others here mentioned MS is pumping 2 billion into the Xbox and acquired Rare. If the store has a head office you should write head office and tell them that you are boycotting the store based on employee bias.

Ever think that maybe that employee would sell you a PS2 and buy your Xbox for themselves?

BTW. Which store was it? Boycott, Boycott.

NINE BREAKER
12-16-2002, 02:25 AM
Damn, dude just wanted to make sure his money was in the right place, down kids, down.

Any way, Hell NO, Xbox will never leave.

Cloud Strife
12-16-2002, 09:20 AM
Most stores around my area try to make Xbox fail. Just about every store convinces people to buy Playstation 2's and says Xbox has no good games. Mainly my Babbages and Best Buy do that.:(

ShadowManTQ
12-16-2002, 06:08 PM
The store that told me this was the Electronic Boutique. I would bouycot them but they are the only game store around me other than WalMart KMart ToysRus and KB Toys. Well I am glad so many of you think its gonna stay.

As for me being a newbie yes I am a newbie to XBOX. I was manliy a PC gamer till 2 months ago. Got tired of every time something new and great came out that I had to update my PC and it was about filled on the hard drive so I decided to give a console a try and I chose the XBOX. I must say it was a tough choice with PS2 having so many games out but they really didnt have anything I wanted so I opted for the XBOX.

My next step is gonna be XBOX live as soon as the cable co lets me know how much it is going to be.

Well all I hope you dont hate me right off the bat for this thread.

Xbox Owner
12-16-2002, 06:13 PM
Sigh..Xbox will survive

Evil_Dr_Beefy
12-16-2002, 06:17 PM
Not the old xbox is doomed post.......it's cool........i said it once and i am going to say it again.......Dude, don't worry the xbox isn't going anywhere...with the xbox live taking off like a rocket!!...the really cool games are starting to come out....the xbox is doing fine:D

l Maximus l
12-16-2002, 06:22 PM
lol...XBox is a fierce competitor...if you read the recent news article that was posted here at XBoxaddict.com, you'll see that XBox came within 4% of the Sony Playstation sales this month. It appears that XBox is the big ticket item this Christmas.

Not only that, but, Microsoft could purchase the entire Sony Corporation several times over. One thing Microsoft doesn't have a history of is backing down from something they started.

I predict that Nintendo will eventually take the Sega route and become a game developer only. Of course, Nintendo will also continue to dominate the handheld market with their GameBoy Advance. I don't think Sony or Microsoft want to touch Nintendo on this regard quite yet.