PDA

View Full Version : Wtf Is Going On?

IceonurR
12-15-2002, 04:38 PM
hey ive heard rumours that microsoft are buying sega now its nintendo buying sega guys what the hell is going on?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
visit http://www.crazygaming.com/forum/ get 120 posts get an ign insider pass 4 free!!!!!!

VeNoMiZA
12-15-2002, 04:45 PM
um.........................................................................

Kortiz
12-15-2002, 04:46 PM
propaganda

sega and ms, then nintendo and sega, then sega and ms again

now there is capcom and ms, then there is nintendo and sega and capcom.......

all propaganda.....

Unreal
12-15-2002, 05:15 PM
I have not read anything about Nintendo and Sega, but I have seen alot about MS and Sega. With some Japanese papers even mentioning that Sega's stock climbing because of the MS rumors. I have seen Nintendo and Capcom though.

bbchs_trash
12-15-2002, 05:39 PM
There is a good chance that Sega will support Microsoft out of all the systems... but I doubt a buy out. And as for Nintendo buying Sega... almost 0% chance of happening. Sega recently decided to no longer publish Sega Sports titles for the Gamecube and now will only be making them for the Xbox and PS2 starting 2k4, I believe. Capcom is not going to sell out, they are too big of a company, although most of their backing seems to be with Nintendo. Microsoft has helped Sega before and probably will again, but however nice it would be, I doubt Sega will sell out to Microsoft...

Evil_Dr_Beefy
12-15-2002, 05:40 PM
Mmm....you think that all of the japanese gamemakers are circleing the wagons......to fight off microsoft...and the new rise of western gamemakers...

# 1 Stunner
12-15-2002, 05:53 PM
id say that sega just supports microsoft .ms wont buy it..

Cloud Strife
12-15-2002, 06:01 PM
Nintendo doesn't have the money to buy Sega or Capcom. They have money but not that much. It was stated that when Microsoft bought Rare, the amount of money paid kept Nintendo out of debt.

Reclaimer
12-15-2002, 06:22 PM
From what I understood, and I'm going to try to find that article again, but MS bought 49% of Sega's availible stock. Was more of an assist, I think it was, not so much as a total control buy out. So Sega can survice as it's own entity and operate under normal operations, but MS would have a little say so when it comes to content. But I'm speculating how much MS has in control of Sega, but I'm thinking, if MS has almost all the stock in Sega, then they can be considered part owners and provide certain guidance when it comes to game content. But I guess they intentionally bought 49% and not a full half so that they can provide financial stability and a little influence, but so much that would say, you (Sega) will never make games for Sony or GC.
That's my take on it.

rio2012
12-15-2002, 06:25 PM
I really think Sega will not be bought out by anyone.

P.S. Propaganda is deadly.

Kortiz
12-15-2002, 07:01 PM
http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=3233
this was posted on another board i goto.

http://spong.com/index.asp?art=4105
this was posted a couple days here by someone

either way it is all propaganda.

Cloud Strife
12-15-2002, 07:31 PM
Well if Sega was bought out by any company, I can still have there games. That is why I purchased all three consoles eventhough I play Xbox 85% of the time.