PDA

View Full Version : Who were as a hacked Xbox?

Yannie Boy
12-16-2002, 02:06 PM
meaning a chip or mod added to your box?

Cloud Strife
12-16-2002, 02:14 PM
I would never put a chip in my lovely Xbox.;) I miss my Xbox already.:(

l Maximus l
12-16-2002, 02:42 PM
I know someone that modded their XBox...they cried and moaned how they couldn't access XBox Live so they went out and bought a second XBox...lol

Live and learn ;)

PapaSKooT
12-16-2002, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
Live and learn

... and then get Luvs ;)

# 1 Stunner
12-16-2002, 05:49 PM
ask shaggy this guy is sooped up with his xbox.......ive seen sum pictures of his modded xbox..

Cloud Strife
12-16-2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by # 1 Stunner
ask shaggy this guy is sooped up with his xbox.......ive seen sum pictures of his modded xbox.. Where are the pictures. I want to yell at him for modding his Xbox.;)

Spaztic
12-17-2002, 08:58 AM
my boy dosn't have them on his site no more. I will take some more pictures tonight and post them.

Oh I am able to get on live now with my modded xbox. I installed a switch to go back to the origional bios!

Professor Kaos
12-17-2002, 05:29 PM
I think thats what chaotic did too, unless he bought another box.

J0K3R
12-18-2002, 07:56 AM
Mine is modded:

Matrix ModChip (turn it off when you want to play XBox Live)
120gig HDD (all games are stored on HDD)

And yes I own all the original games, just have them copied to my HDD for faster load times.

Spaztic
12-18-2002, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by J0K3R
Mine is modded:

And yes I own all the original games, just have them copied to my HDD for faster load times.

yeah I have a 120 gig HD as well. Pretty cool!

J0K3R
12-18-2002, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Shaggy

yeah I have a 120 gig HD as well. Pretty cool!

Very cool. Love the instant loading on all the games.

Kleen
12-18-2002, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
I know someone that modded their XBox...they cried and moaned how they couldn't access XBox Live so they went out and bought a second XBox...lol

Live and learn ;)

What's the big deal about buying a second XBOX? With all the money you potentially save by modding, it shouldn't be a problem. :p The whole modding thing is more of a hobby/project thing to me. I swapped the HDD for games that are too big for a DVD-R/RW disc. Also for temporarily storing games that are very small -- if I want to try it out immediately but need more games to fill a disc.

I'm on my third XBOX 1) broke + 3 repairs died, swapped at Toy's 'R' Us 2) modded 60GB HDD 3) XBL.

A put a switch on the modded XBOX to disable the chip and restored the dashboard, but XBL (BETA) still couldn't connect. I think it was something wrong with the XBOX itself, nothing to do with modding.

The worst part about owning two XBOXes is have both set up all the time. I ran out o fports on my router. Sometimes I've got 3-4 games going at once (XBOXes, PS2, PC).

Yannie Boy
12-18-2002, 02:12 PM
i know about the expanded hd chip but i heard that there is a chip that allows you to burn complete games to your box allowing to play without needing the disc again......those that even work?

Kleen
12-18-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Chupacabra
i know about the expanded hd chip but i heard that there is a chip that allows you to burn complete games to your box allowing to play without needing the disc again......those that even work?

Yes, you can upload a game(s)/file(s) the XBOX HDD and play/execute them from there. That's why people replace the original with HDDs as large as 120 GB.

AmpedRider
12-18-2002, 08:42 PM
im thinkin of doing this....

Professor Kaos
12-18-2002, 08:46 PM
I wish i knew how to do this.

ScorpionX
12-19-2002, 01:40 PM
My modded Xbox:

80 gig HDD
Homebrew Mod chip (soon to be xecuter II)
EvoX Dash (soon to be NeXgen)
Glowing BLUE circle ;)

Dark Enemy
12-19-2002, 01:57 PM
Mine is modded:

where do u get urs modded, and where can i get this matrix modchip

Spaztic
12-19-2002, 02:56 PM

Very cool. Love the instant loading on all the games.

I played off a disk the other day and I was like damn this thing loads slow! The instant loading is pretty cool. You have xboxexplorer on you xbox? Oh xboxmedia player just came out the other day as well, I just installed it....gotta get it if you don't have it!

# 1 Stunner
12-19-2002, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Shaggy

I played off a disk the other day and I was like damn this thing loads slow! The instant loading is pretty cool. You have xboxexplorer on you xbox? Oh xboxmedia player just came out the other day as well, I just installed it....gotta get it if you don't have it! my god what other things can u do with this thing...whered u get ur mod chip at man.?and whats ur xbl gamertag?

Cloud Strife
12-20-2002, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by # 1 Stunner
my god what other things can u do with this thing...whered u get ur mod chip at man.?and whats ur xbl gamertag? Don't make me have my Chaueffer take me to Evansville to stop you from modding your Xbox.
I don't have an Xbox gamertag yet although I have broadband and over $50 right now.

FuNkY mOnK
12-21-2002, 07:02 AM
This guy at work has a modded xbox, with 40 games on the hdd. would you believe that he goes around and ask his co workers if he could borrow their games so he can copy them to his hdd, and in the next breath he says how stupid we are for buying games...coc kroach.