PDA

View Full Version : After PLaying SC, MGS2:S is...

HaloMasterVI
12-17-2002, 05:55 AM
OUTCLASSED and OBSOLETE! Gimmie a break! EGM rated MGS2:S straight 9.5s then rate SC with a 9.5, a 9.0, and 8.5, wtf were they thinking?! MGS2:s is still a good game to play but it doesn't hold a candle in any way to SC, MGS2:s looks like it's from 5 years ago compared to Sc. MGS2:S is corny and doesnt control well, and unrealistic. You're telling me snake can take on 4 guys at the same time shooting him with machine guns? yea right! In SC you die when you are shot 3-4 times, and that's how it should be! MGS2 feels so arcadey compared to SC as well, for those who opted for MGS2:S over SC I ask...WTF were you smoking?!

Ninja Scroll
12-17-2002, 08:48 AM
Well your EGM jibberish is old news yo.
2nd EGM is biased just like every other mag or gaming site.

This is nothing new.
And MGS2:Substance & Splinter Cell are two totally different games.
I own both and they are 2 exceptional games.

Substances's VR Missions, Snakes Tales, Aternatives, ect. are worth da price of the Xbox version alone.
I have not played da actual game more than 20 minutes, but I know all I need to know to tell you MGS2:S is not corny.
Dat Raiden fool is. And da game is not meant to make you think it real. I mean just look Snake. He's not even a real person in da game yo.:rolleyes:

Maybe you need to look in da mirror like all da magazine your rippin on cause you are doing da same exact thing junior.:rolleyes:

Dont be a MGS2 Wanksta hater. Both games are totally different.

VeNoMiZA
12-17-2002, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by HaloMasterVI
OUTCLASSED and OBSOLETE! Gimmie a break! EGM rated MGS2:S straight 9.5s then rate SC with a 9.5, a 9.0, and 8.5, wtf were they thinking?! MGS2:s is still a good game to play but it doesn't hold a candle in any way to SC, MGS2:s looks like it's from 5 years ago compared to Sc. MGS2:S is corny and doesnt control well, and unrealistic. You're telling me snake can take on 4 guys at the same time shooting him with machine guns? yea right! In SC you die when you are shot 3-4 times, and that's how it should be! MGS2 feels so arcadey compared to SC as well, for those who opted for MGS2:S over SC I ask...WTF were you smoking?!
you have to make a WHOLE frIKIN thread about it??? your just like that guy who asked if the xbox was gonna die :rolleyes:

Cloud Strife
12-17-2002, 01:36 PM
I've played Splinter Cell and I still think MGS 2 Substance is a great game. In some ways I like Substance better.

carlbme
12-17-2002, 03:10 PM
Well since this thread is basically pointless here is my take on it..

I haven't played either one of them!!

So HA!!

RudedogX
12-17-2002, 03:12 PM
Well, I have SC, but not MGS. I have constantly heard about complaints about the numerous movies in MGS, but since I haven't played it, I really have no room to talk about it, so...

well, what the hell was the point of me posting again?:confused:

OuFtb
12-17-2002, 03:18 PM
I have heard good and bad stuff about MGS2. My question is, is it worth it to buy the game.

carlbme
12-17-2002, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by OuFtb
I have heard good and bad stuff about MGS2. My question is, is it worth it to buy the game.

Rent it and find out.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Best Advise EVER!!

Cloud Strife
12-17-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by AloneInTheDark
A little bit late...
but after playing sc and the demo of mgs2:s

i like substance better...it is more of an action game

and the 2 cannot be compared..so I couldn't agree more.;) :)

Spaztic
12-17-2002, 04:07 PM
I have MGSS and I just couldn't get into it. Its kinda like that old annoying dog that won't die!

rio2012
12-17-2002, 09:32 PM
Well.......MGS2 has a really crappy story line.
But the best scene in the game is the begining of snakes story in which he jumps from the GW Bridge on to a friater holding some new type of Metal Gear. :cool:

P.S. Whats up with that vampire dude ???:rolleyes:

Master Chief 33
12-17-2002, 11:13 PM
Splinter Cell deserves straight 9.5, its an incredible game with
rediculous graphics, MGS2 is pretty fake, like when that *** Raiden
destroys like 50 medal gears. what the? lol

Brevity
12-17-2002, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

This is nothing new.
And MGS2:Substance & Splinter Cell are two totally different games.
I own both and they are 2 exceptional games.

Substances's VR Missions, Snakes Tales, Aternatives, ect. are worth da price of the Xbox version alone.
I have not played da actual game more than 20 minutes, but I know all I need to know to tell you MGS2:S is not corny.
Dat Raiden fool is. And da game is not meant to make you think it real. I mean just look at Snake. He's not even a real person in da game yo.:rolleyes:

Agreed!:) 1402

Ninja Scroll
12-18-2002, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Brevity

Agreed!:) 1402

Yo Brevity, what up with you and Ghost Recon? You live on dat game yo! You aint never got time to play anything else do you?
;)

Originally posted by Master Chief 33
Splinter Cell deserves straight 9.5, its an incredible game with
rediculous graphics, MGS2 is pretty fake, like when that *** Raiden
destroys like 50 medal gears. what the? lol

Konami never claimed da game was supposed to realistic like Splinter Cell is.

It's just meant to be a fun game, and it is,..except for dat whore Raiden.

Originally posted by Shaggy
I have MGSS and I just couldn't get into it. Its kinda like that old annoying dog that won't die!

Then stop complaining and just return it to cry baby sucka ass wanksta!:rolleyes: You always crying about something.:rolleyes:

RudedogX
12-18-2002, 09:18 AM
Damn Ninja, did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed? I rarely see Shaggy complain, unless it's a legit reason. If he didn't like the game, then he didn't. I played a bit of deathrow on that demo disc to see if I agreed with Shaggy, and I have to agree with him. Only if the price goes down to what it is now for the PS2 for MGS will I even think about picking up this game. Sorry, the VR missions just don't look all that exciting to me.

Cloud Strife
12-18-2002, 12:02 PM
I wish I picked up the Xbox version instead on the Playstation 2 version of MGS 2.:(

Spaztic
12-18-2002, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

Then stop complaining and just return it to cry baby sucka ass wanksta!:rolleyes: You always crying about something.:rolleyes:

you still upset about me posting your |3itch tits on the web?

besides I got it on the HD! I just rented it!

Ninja Scroll
12-18-2002, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Shaggy

you still upset about me posting your |3itch tits on the web?

besides I got it on the HD! I just rented it!

tits?:confused: Anywho, im tellin it like it is, yo RDX, dis sucka ass wanksta always be tearing up his wittle eyes about something.
You just dont be noticing cause your too nieve.
Shag is a true cry baby sweet toothed cup cake!:D

Kleen
12-18-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by HaloMasterVI

Sam can take about 4-5 shots from the assault rifles (AKs), and about 90 from the pistols.:D Seriously, Fisher can take a hell of a lot of pistol rounds. He doesn't miss a step either.

I think MGS2 did sometings better than SC -- the fighting, you can hang forever, and the wounding damage system.

Sam has one move when discovered -- the elbow. SC is loaded with detail and grace, but when Sam gets into a fight SC turn into Blades of Steel on the NES.

In MGS2, Snake can bleed to death. Also, shooting an enemy in a particular location brings about the appropriate reaction. In SC, a firefight is just a race to see who dies first. Getting shot doesn't look like it hurts much, nor does it affect aiming -- all the characters bearely flinch from being hit, until the life bar empties and you're shut off like a switch.

In these respect SC just seems unfinished to me. MGS2 is a really good game but the story (intentionally) )sucks. IMO both games are great.

P.S. SC needs to seriously tone down the scripted battles.