PDA

View Full Version : Bought Serious Sam new for $24.99 at EB

Mahlon
12-17-2002, 11:08 AM
If you have a job that makes you want to kill people by the end of the day this is a fun game. Like a light hearted not much thinking Halo. It hangs a bit, and occasionally gives me the dirty disk error, but it's a release!

Spaztic
12-17-2002, 12:07 PM
I prefer to release in other ways.......but I was kinda curious about this game. Is it kinda like duke nukem? is it 1st or 3rd person?

LynxFX
12-17-2002, 01:09 PM
For $25 this game is worth it if you have never played it on the PC.

It goes back to the root of FPS games where story doesn't matter, planning doesn't matter, sneaking around doesn't matter, running and shooting like crazy matters.

You think the flood are bad? Try 100's of galloping skeloton dog creatures coming at you from every direction. Try bosses that are so huge that they could use the Pyramids as toe picks.

Cloud Strife
12-17-2002, 01:38 PM
That seems like a good price but I wouldn't buy it until I have played it though.;)

LynxFX
12-17-2002, 01:43 PM
Hmmm, just found out that the sudgested retail price for this game is now $19.99. So look for it to be that price everywhere now. Circuit City, Best Buy, Funcoland, Toys R Us etc.

No Fear 23
12-17-2002, 02:01 PM
really?
now im gonna check it out
thanks

RudedogX
12-17-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA
Hmmm, just found out that the sudgested retail price for this game is now $19.99. So look for it to be that price everywhere now. Circuit City, Best Buy, Funcoland, Toys R Us etc.

Damn, that didn't take long! I guess it's understandable seeing how old it is ont he computer though! I might have to check out the game afterall.

borka105
12-17-2002, 04:50 PM
any link saying it's $19.99? all the sites I have gone to, say 49.99.

thanks

-Borka105

Professor Kaos
12-17-2002, 05:24 PM
go here (http://ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/product.asp?pf_id=228823) borka.

Cloud Strife
12-17-2002, 08:30 PM
You can also buy Bruce Lee Quest for the Dragon for $9.99 at EB new. I definetly need to buy this.;)

Yeah Right.

rio2012
12-17-2002, 09:24 PM
Cool.:cool:

PapaSKooT
12-17-2002, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA

i was just getting ready to post this, as i was in NYC today at the toys r us in times square and saw it for this price. i ended up getting splinter cell, tho, instead :D

viperII
12-17-2002, 11:59 PM
URL:

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/product.asp?pf_id=228823

stilly
12-18-2002, 04:55 AM
it's pants, if it was free with a copy of bruce lee, it would still suck. wake up fools, holding down the trigger, and running backwards a good game does not make. :(
if it was five years ago, it might be good, but fps have moved on, seroiusly s**t ain't. pah get tetris if you want a cheap good game.

bbchs_trash
12-18-2002, 08:49 AM
Stilly... you're a moron. Its still fun to run around and shoot... you don't always need the depth to make a good game... loser!

GIJOE
12-18-2002, 09:16 AM
HOW DO YOU FIND ABOUT THESE SALES, CASUE THE EB BY ME DOES NO SUCH THING

Cloud Strife
12-18-2002, 12:06 PM
I saw it for the price of $24.99 at my local EB. The problem is my EB doesn't like to lower prices to the same as their website.:mad:

LynxFX
12-18-2002, 02:26 PM
Stilly, everyone's opinion is appreciated but calling the people fools for liking the game does not prove your point.

No one is saying Serious Sam is an indepth FPS. It purposely is campy and was made with the old school games like Doom and the rush of clones in mind. That is why for $20 it is a perfect addition to anyone's xbox library if they enjoy the genre of FPS and don't want to plan every single move ahead of time.

Unreal
12-19-2002, 11:13 PM
Toys R' Us (Canada) has Serious Sam for 29.99. <--- Not a bad price. So good in fact I am probably going to pick it up for some mindless fun.

Cloud Strife
12-20-2002, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Unreal
Toys R' Us (Canada) has Serious Sam for 29.99. <--- Not a bad price. So good in fact I am probably going to pick it up for some mindless fun. You just picked up Shenmue II also. I bought the game a few weeks ago and decided to wrap it up. I had enough games to play anyway until Christmas. Right now I have no Xbox to play those games on.:(

siayajin
12-20-2002, 06:47 PM
Ordered Serious Sam the other day for $19.99. It may be a lil outdated, but it can't be that bad, especially for it's price.

DIGITAL
12-21-2002, 01:50 AM
i rented this game an beat it an 2 days,it was fun ,but kinda easy!

Cesar902
12-22-2002, 06:03 AM
Serious Sam is on of the best games on FPS, nonstop mindless fun. Tops Doom for fun. I love this game and playing co-op with friends is one of the best experiences I ever had and my friends also say so. One of my friend that is a PS2 fanboy, loves to play this game with me in co-op mode. We love the multiplayer mode too. This game is going to keep us busy until the next Xbox big titles come up.

For $20 or even $30 bucks this game is defenetily worth to buy, this game should not be missing on the game library of any Xbox owner, since its multiplayer mode its what makes this game really fun and makes its replay value high. Also you get Serious Sam 1 and 2 in one package. 32 missions that take 30 or so minutes to go through. System link for Co-Op rocks! The hardest setting makes this game longer, so if you do single play its still excellent. More than 10 deathmatch arenas. It may not have the best graphics, but the gameplay overshadows the perception on the graphics.

Save me Jebus
12-23-2002, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Cesar902
Serious Sam is on of the best games on FPS, nonstop mindless fun. Tops Doom for fun. I love this game and playing co-op with friends is one of the best experiences I ever had and my friends also say so. One of my friend that is a PS2 fanboy, loves to play this game with me in co-op mode. We love the multiplayer mode too. This game is going to keep us busy until the next Xbox big titles come up.

For $20 or even $30 bucks this game is defenetily worth to buy, this game should not be missing on the game library of any Xbox owner, since its multiplayer mode its what makes this game really fun and makes its replay value high. Also you get Serious Sam 1 and 2 in one package. 32 missions that take 30 or so minutes to go through. System link for Co-Op rocks! The hardest setting makes this game longer, so if you do single play its still excellent. More than 10 deathmatch arenas. It may not have the best graphics, but the gameplay overshadows the perception on the graphics.

well said cesar, i can relate to all of that...

tomorrow i'm having a huge xmas eve party and i need to go rent a couple of more copies of serious sam to play system link 12 players... we'll have a riot with it after we're tired of halo multiplayer

FaTBoi702
12-23-2002, 09:30 PM
i got mine for $20.00 at Babbages

Cloud Strife
12-26-2002, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by FaTBoi702
i got mine for $20.00 at Babbages Where in Indiana did you go to Babbages. My Babbages has a few Sony fanboys that bash Xbox if people ask for it. They also give people a hard time when they want to buy Xbox games.:(

Unreal
12-26-2002, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Mahlon
If you have a job that makes you want to kill people by the end of the day this is a fun game. Like a light hearted not much thinking Halo. It hangs a bit, and occasionally gives me the dirty disk error, but it's a release!
I have a copy of Serious Sam now myself. The game looks alot better then I thought it would. Its really a mindless fps. Which is ok in my book. You can't go wrong with the price for sure. Now that I am playing it.

Cloud Strife
12-27-2002, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by Unreal

I have a copy of Serious Sam now myself. The game looks alot better then I thought it would. Its really a mindless fps. Which is ok in my book. You can't go wrong with the price for sure. Now that I am playing it. Maybe I will give the game a try. I went to my EB yesterday, although I could barely get in, they didn't mark the game down in price. They haven't even marked Crazy Taxi 3 down to $24.99.

I'm playing it right now and I like it.