PDA

View Full Version : Capcom news (merged)

sniperdoggy
12-16-2002, 07:13 PM
as you know nintendo and capcom rumors are floating nintendo might buy capcom which means if it happens no steel battalion 2 no capcom vs snk 2 no dino crisis 3 for xbox that would suck for people who wasted 200 bucks on steel battalion

ARONO129
12-16-2002, 07:29 PM
Sure is a lot better feeling when MS buys a company. I hope the Gamecube doesn't become a threat.

Cloud Strife
12-16-2002, 08:07 PM
I don't think it will happen because Nintendo doesn,t have the money to buy Capcom. Nintendo is just happy making their own great games.

Piccolo_DBz
12-16-2002, 08:11 PM
Well I got a cube so I won't be concerned. But I doubt it there gonna get bought out

yall
12-17-2002, 10:11 AM
i doubt capcom would abandon software for the xbox just because they get bought out by nintendo. im going to guess that nintendo is going to get out of the hardware business and stick with games. they probably want to buy capcom for the rights to develop new games using old licesnses

HaloMasterVI
12-17-2002, 11:40 AM
There's no way Nintendo will buy Capcom. Capcom makes too much $ off of PS2.

Professor Kaos
12-17-2002, 04:03 PM
Why would Capcom stop wroking on SB2 when its already confirmed? Second I think that Nintendo doesnt have the cash to buy them. I also think Nintendo is gonna go the way of Sega even though it will proly take a while, just my two cents.

Spaztic
12-17-2002, 04:06 PM
I couldn't care less. MS will probably buy Nintendo shortly after the Gamecubes fall!

XboxGamers
12-17-2002, 04:29 PM
are you concerned about this megaton annoucment!!!

No matter what Nintendo do, The GameCube hardware is not as great as Xbox. Xbox in 2003 line up of games will kill any system line up. :)

xboxman_1
12-17-2002, 04:42 PM
Why would Capcom stop wroking on SB2 when its already confirmed? Second I think that Nintendo doesnt have the cash to buy them. I also think Nintendo is gonna go the way of Sega even though it will proly take a while, just my two cents.

I could have sworn a little title named Perfect Dark Zero was confirmed a little while ago for the gamecube.......

Bigwig
12-17-2002, 04:51 PM
lol thats it. Nintendo might purchase a wing of Capcom and get some more exclusive titles but thats it.

carlbme
12-17-2002, 04:54 PM
Cool. That's now a possible three games that interest me on the GC. Still need more games though.

Bigwig
12-17-2002, 04:57 PM
Yeah I agree GC fans act like their games are just soooooo much fun. Mega Man looks good, Animal Crossing looks good, Zelda nawww, and Transformers. It may be a better second console then the PS 2 but it dont touch the Xbox.

Cloud Strife
12-17-2002, 05:09 PM
I own a Gamecube and I have to say it's a nice console. I don't like it as much as Xbox though. The only problem I have with Gamecube is that there isn't many games that interest me.

Professor Kaos
12-17-2002, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by xboxman_1

I could have sworn a little title named Perfect Dark Zero was confirmed a little while ago for the gamecube.......
I'm sorry but I didn't and still don't keep up to date with 'cube news. All I'm worried about is that PDZ is comin to XBOX.

Koopa
12-17-2002, 05:18 PM
yeah i think a gamecube is a great supplementary console...its good for the couple great nintendo exclusives (prime and WW come to mind) but most of my time is spent on my box with live

AmpedRider
12-17-2002, 05:20 PM
kinda ot but nice sig koopa

Nat
12-17-2002, 05:32 PM
lol thats it. Nintendo might purchase a wing of Capcom and get some more exclusive titles but thats it.

So...where'd you find this out? Got a link?

Cloud Strife
12-17-2002, 06:16 PM
I wish there was a Mega Man for Xbox.:)

Bigwig
12-17-2002, 06:18 PM
no link just an educated guess but I did see a leak on a site that showed 4 2003/2004 hot Capcom projects exclusive to the Cube and its just a guess that Nintendo is purchasing some but not all marketing power to get those titles.

TheCovenant
12-17-2002, 06:21 PM
is this really the megaton announcement? i havnt seen this anywhere else.....hmmm.

LINK?

my friend (koopa) doesnt think this is the megaton annoouncement. in fact, i heard that the megaton announcement was going to be nintendo's buyout og sega, and merging with capcom.

if it went from that to this, i would really like to know.....so.....LINK PLEASE!

xboxman_1
12-17-2002, 07:19 PM
I'm guessing the announcement has nothing to do with Sega, but it will have something to do with a full or partial buyout of capcom. Go to gamespydaily.com - a very recent (within the last few hours) report says that Nintendo has reported interest in buying capcom - but neither company gave comments on the topic.

Liquid Gears
12-17-2002, 07:35 PM
You see?

Now if XBOX was smart enough, they would have bought'n Capcom before Nintendo and XBOX would get every Mega Man, Street Fighter, and Resident Evil game from here onward. But no, XBOX had to make a huge @ss mistake and let Nintendo steal all the sales. :rolleyes:

I feel like going out to buy a Game Cube right now, cause Nintendo is on a roll and XBOX isn't. But that's just me :D

LTM360
12-17-2002, 07:36 PM
I am only slightly worried, because I have PS2, and Devil May Cry is one of my favorite games which would mean no DMC2, at the same time, Capcom made tons of money off DMC, and they are probably smart enough to relize they would make more money staying on PS2 with it, seeing as how sales with Resident Evil have decreaced with it being on GC. Also, I don't think Nintendo could do something like that. GC isnt exactly the #1 or #2 selling console, they need to worry about making games, and getting exclusives, buying Capcom would ensure exclusives, but probably be to big of a price tag for them. Well, I guess they could rip parents off and make 4 different pokemon games on GBA, that would skyrocket sales, unfortunetly.

ARONO129
12-17-2002, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
You see?

Now if XBOX was smart enough, they would have bought'n Capcom before Nintendo and XBOX would get every Mega Man, Street Fighter, and Resident Evil game from here onward. But no, XBOX had to make a huge @ss mistake and let Nintendo steal all the sales. :rolleyes:

I feel like going out to buy a Game Cube right now, cause Nintendo is on a roll and XBOX isn't. But that's just me :D

I would say there is no way the GC is on any kind of roll right now.

Cloud Strife
12-17-2002, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by ARONO129

I would say there is no way the GC is on any kind of roll right now. I'll agree with that but Liquid Gears likes Capcom a lot. I like Capcom also but not the way I like Sega.;)

MerimacHamwich
12-17-2002, 08:35 PM
Why would that suck for people who got Steel Battalion. Just becuase they might not be making a sequel for xbox doesn't mean they won't still have Steel Battalion.

Capcom isn't exactly my favorite developer anyway. So, I could careless where they go.

Koopa
12-18-2002, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Monky
kinda ot but nice sig koopa

hey your sig is pretty cool too....gotta give credit to spartan, though....I asked him for an awesome sig and he delivered:D

oh uh about the topic...

yeah..megaton...
i dont think its nintendo buying anyone out at all...my guess is that GBA+ thing (like a GBA with a backlight or something), a new zelda, mario, or pokemon; and/or a clear statement of their online plans,

Bigwig
12-18-2002, 01:59 AM
http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=3243

This is it here