PDA

View Full Version : Turn the TV on to CBS Right now

Cloud Strife
12-18-2002, 07:17 PM
Sorry, but it was just over a few minutes ago. At the beginning of the 60 minutes II special, they talked about Xbox with Bill Gates and J Allard. They played the news reporter at Fuzion Frenzy and Bill Gates won. I noticed they were holding transparent green and red S Controllers. I wondering if they will be coming out in the future. I saw a statue of Azurik also. 60 Minutes II went to Acclaim and EA about their videogames. Acclaim talked about BMX XXX and they asked Bill Gates what he thought of having the uncensored version of the game on his system.

Did anyone else see this?

rio2012
12-18-2002, 07:26 PM
Darn i missed it !!!!:confused: all the have on now is this old guy talking about something........

Cloud Strife
12-18-2002, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by rio2012
Darn i missed it !!!!:confused: all the have on now is this old guy talking about something........ I tried to post this as quick as I could but when I finished, it was over.:( Great Special though.

siayajin
12-18-2002, 07:42 PM
Dang, I also just missed it.

Maybe www.xbox.com will have the segment to dl.

AmpedRider
12-18-2002, 08:36 PM
i saw it pretty cool cept 4 EA

WynnFire
12-18-2002, 11:37 PM
I saw it and taped it. I wish they had spent more time will Mr. Gates and J Allard.

l Maximus l
12-19-2002, 01:36 AM
I watched it, too...

I also noticed the transparent green and red controllers, too. They appeared to be first party controllers, too, as opposed to 3rd party, of course.

I was watching the media trying to throw out some propaganda in regards to mature rated games...which appeared to be what the theme of the story was going at first, however, I noticed the story take a huge turn away from this when Bill Gates discussed the utilization of the parental control feature only found on the XBox. Go Billy!!! :D

Then, the journalist interviewed the President of Electronic Arts in San Francisco and also visited Acclaim to talk to the creators of BMX XXX. But, again, the journalist desperately made an attempt to try and throw out their "politically correct" propaganda and, like Microsoft, both EA and Acclaim turned the story around quickly. Instead, both of them focussed on the technology. They even created a character with graphics and even put him into the games with a literal graphical image of the journalist as a baseball player. Truly bad ass...

Very cool stuff...Even my wife was impressed :D

AmpedRider
12-19-2002, 07:54 AM
lol!:eek:

Cloud Strife
12-19-2002, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by WynnFire
I saw it and taped it. I wish they had spent more time will Mr. Gates and J Allard. You're right about that.:)

DZNUTZ
12-19-2002, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Monky
lol!:eek:

monky, what the hell was the point of that post?
anywho..i missed it.
not surprisingly tho.
i never watch tv anymore..unless its one of my few favorite programs are when i'm going to bed.
my tv time turned into xboxlive time.

# 1 Stunner
12-19-2002, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ

monky, what the hell was the point of that post?
anywho..i missed it.
not surprisingly tho.
i never watch tv anymore..unless its one of my few favorite programs are when i'm going to bed.
my tv time turned into xboxlive time.
ya ive noticed he lol's alot and thats the only thing he says...but thats ok i dont really care.....i wish those controllers will come out they seem pretty cool,can anyone find a picture of them sum where?

kazual
12-19-2002, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

Very cool stuff...Even my wife was impressed :D

.... and that is the most important thing, eh Maxi?

ryan123
12-19-2002, 06:30 PM
I saw that last night and taped it too. That reported dude sucked at playing games. He got struck out. That lady that they said helped create the sims seemed like a loser. She was like when I get tickled in the game it feels like I really got tickled and when I kiss someone it feels like I really did it. Then she said she was flirting with someone on the game and her boyfriend asked if he should be jealous or not. It was an ok segment I liked it more than most videogame news segments since this one didn't focus on how videogames make killers.

Cloud Strife
12-20-2002, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by ryan123
I saw that last night and taped it too. That reported dude sucked at playing games. He got struck out. That lady that they said helped create the sims seemed like a loser. She was like when I get tickled in the game it feels like I really got tickled and when I kiss someone it feels like I really did it. Then she said she was flirting with someone on the game and her boyfriend asked if he should be jealous or not. It was an ok segment I liked it more than most videogame news segments since this one didn't focus on how videogames make killers. Yeah that reporter sucked, but hey, it was his frist time. I sucked at Super Mario Bros. when I first played it.

I taped it also.:)

chili325
12-20-2002, 10:11 PM
those controllers sound interesting. I think Bill handles him self quite well under pressure and they hav trouble getting him to say anything bad.:)

carlbme
12-20-2002, 10:48 PM
Ok, for all of those who say they taped it. You wouldn't happen to have it on your PC or be able to get it on your PC would you?

I missed it due to work and wouldn't mind seeing it.

WynnFire
12-21-2002, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by carlbme
Ok, for all of those who say they taped it. You wouldn't happen to have it on your PC or be able to get it on your PC would you?

No, but I can copy it to my PC through my GeForce4 Ti4400 video card but the quality wouldn't be that good and the video would be pretty small. Right now all I have to work with is MS's Movie Maker. Plus I would have to wait until I get a DSL connection to upload it somewhere because of the size.