PDA

View Full Version : any info on Crimson Seas?

Afro Aura
12-18-2002, 08:55 PM
Could someone give me their thoughts on Crimson Seas as I'm thinking of buying it but I have no idea to how it plays.

I'm looking for a RPG as I bloody dying here in UK as theres not one single RPG over here except 'Metal Dungeon' and that game got a right slagging in all magazines and on the net

Shadow20002
12-18-2002, 11:07 PM
Something like Dynasty Warriors 3. By the same compagny, KOEI, this game could be promising. If you like hack-and-slash (guns enable in this game) with a millions ennemies on screen at the time, this game is for you. :cool:

dougi3000
12-18-2002, 11:39 PM
There are complaints of major camera problems in that game, a major dizzy fest. It is a third person beatemup in the action parts of the game, and the character controls like a FPS, and the camera WHIPs around whenever you turn.

The left control stick is Forward/Back, and TURN left/right (ala resident evil). This would be fine if the camera was stationary/slow panning (like traditional third person games), but it whips around you as you turn.

Afro Aura
12-19-2002, 05:28 AM
Thanks
Dougi3000 is the this whip thing hangable as I'd like to know where the enemies are at all times as you said the camara whips everywhere:eek:

Cloud Strife
12-19-2002, 08:13 AM
That's what I've heard from someone in Japan wholplayed Crimson Sea and reviewed it. He said Otogi and Shin Megami Tensei NINE were great games though. He said Drihoo wasn't too bad either.

Afro Aura
12-19-2002, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
That's what I've heard from someone in Japan wholplayed Crimson Sea and reviewed it. He said Otogi and Shin Megami Tensei NINE were great games though. He said Drihoo wasn't too bad either.
Whos this Japanese person then, if you've got a page where I can have a look at his thoughts that would be very helpful mate:)

rio2012
12-19-2002, 04:54 PM
Well..... u could check the front page.;)

Cloud Strife
12-19-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Afro Aura

Whos this Japanese person then, if you've got a page where I can have a look at his thoughts that would be very helpful mate:) I don't really like the people on the site Gamefaqs.com, there is a person who is from Japan and reviews Japanese Xbox games. He reviewed Bistro Cupid, Maximum Chase, Otogi, Crimson Sea, Shin Megami Tensei NINE, etc. His reviews arent too bad.

Bigwig
12-20-2002, 12:26 AM
I know about 5 people who tested the game and they told me it sucks, but there are some better RPGs on the way.

Kraft
12-20-2002, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Bigwig
I know about 5 people who tested the game and they told me it sucks, but there are some better RPGs on the way.

Man, that sucks to hear, espeically with Koei backign it. What I really really really want to see is a new PTO game!

studepaber
12-20-2002, 08:39 AM
I'm picking this one up today, trading MKDA in.... I really have only become interested in this game in the past few days, but from what I've seen from the screenshots and movies are tight. It also got a gold rating from some popular Japanese mag (don't ask me which one). I always liked DW games so hopefully this one will play similar to it and like kick arse and stuff..

Cloud Strife
12-20-2002, 09:00 AM
I know about 5 people who tested the game and they told me it sucks, but there are some better RPGs on the way. What five people are you talking about? I never judge a game based on what anyone says. I even like Kakuto Chojin although no one likes it.;)

Dark Enemy
12-20-2002, 09:18 AM
Crimison skies looks alot better imo

studepaber
12-20-2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by PublicEnemy2k3
Crimison skies looks alot better imo

It looks okay, seems like it's just Bloodwake in the air though, ah well. Will give impressions on Crimson Sea tonight after I play for a few hours, until then.....*poof* back to work.

Cloud Strife
12-20-2002, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by PublicEnemy2k3
Crimison skies looks alot better imo Crimson Skies is a different game completely. I want Crimson Sea more but Crimson Skies looks great.;)

Afro Aura
12-20-2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by studepaber

It looks okay, seems like it's just Bloodwake in the air though, ah well. Will give impressions on Crimson Sea tonight after I play for a few hours, until then.....*poof* back to work.
Yeah let me know your thoughts about this game mate and yes Crimson Skies looks like Bloodwake in the air and I ain't falling for that trick again, man!! was that money wasted (althought Bloodwake has some lovely water effects):D

siayajin
12-20-2002, 06:57 PM

Never played Bloodwake, but Crimson Skies perked my interest because it reminded me of the Deathmatch modes on Starfox64 from back in the day. I mean if it has good multiplayer and Live modes it can't be too bad.

studepaber
12-20-2002, 07:26 PM
Okay here are my impressions after playing the game an hour:

First I was a bit disappointed there was no coop mode (ah well I'll get over it) but the single player experience has been good thus far. What immediately came to mind when I started playing was that wow this game looks identical to Gunvalkyrie, which in some ways it is (hordes and hordes of enemies along with a targeting system). The graphics very fairly crisp from the levels I played and there is no noticeable stutter in the framerate even with tons going on at once!

The music and sounds of the weapns, guns are done well, although teh voice acting sucks (especially thaat annoying girl, I just let her die sometimes *grin*)

Speaking of letting her die I should mention that you can fight with a team of computer controlled players (the most I've played with is 3 thus far) which sort of aid you but when there's a whole screenload of enemies it seems like you have to do all the work.

Besides taking on enemies with guns (which are customizable, kewl feature), you also have a blade type weapon to slash away all the baddies which you can also do combos with. Also you gain an ability called neo-psionics (the effects are pretty dam nice) which unleashes an attack on lots of enemies around you.

So far this game has kept my interest (except for pi$$ing me off with a DD error :mad: ), and for those of you that enjoyed Gunvalkyrie I suggest you give this a try (better than GV IMO). If you have any questions about the game feel free to ask.

Bigwig
12-20-2002, 08:12 PM
What five people are you talking about? I never judge a game based on what anyone says. I even like Kakuto Chojin although no one likes it.;)

The guy that hated it the most is the one I vibe with the most. It is a title some might like so dont get too down. The main issue with it was that you spend more time up grading your weapons like the common Zelda game then you do anything else. I think the game will get good reviews. All linear Japanese RPGs with poor stories get good reviews, but the RPG hardcore crowd may think this game is a joke.

Cloud Strife
12-20-2002, 08:23 PM

The guy that hated it the most is the one I vibe with the most. It is a title some might like so dont get too down. The main issue with it was that you spend more time up grading your weapons like the common Zelda game then you do anything else. I think the game will get good reviews. All linear Japanese RPGs with poor stories get good reviews, but the RPG hardcore crowd may think this game is a joke. I love linear RPG games anyway with an anime feeling.

Afro Aura
12-21-2002, 06:31 AM
I love linear RPG games anyway with an anime feeling.
yea I like linear RPGs too, Skies of Arcadia was one of the best on the Dreamcast and had a great story in there too:)

Studepaber is Crimson Sea a bit like Dynasty Warrior 3?
I've seen DW3 and I wasn't impressed with the gameplay :confused:

Cloud Strife
12-21-2002, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by Afro Aura

yea I like linear RPGs too, Skies of Arcadia was one of the best on the Dreamcast and had a great story in there too:)

Studepaber is Crimson Sea a bit like Dynasty Warrior 3?
I've seen DW3 and I wasn't impressed with the gameplay :confused: Skies of Arcadia was one of the best RPG's I ever played. Beat it in 37 hours. My friend brings over his Dynasty Warriors III all the time to my house. I think it isn't too bad, but I'm not too good.:o

Ultron-9
12-21-2002, 11:05 AM
Okay here are my impressions after playing the game an hour:

First I was a bit disappointed there was no coop mode (ah well I'll get over it) but the single player experience has been good thus far. What immediately came to mind when I started playing was that wow this game looks identical to Gunvalkyrie, which in some ways it is (hordes and hordes of enemies along with a targeting system). The graphics very fairly crisp from the levels I played and there is no noticeable stutter in the framerate even with tons going on at once!

The music and sounds of the weapns, guns are done well, although teh voice acting sucks (especially thaat annoying girl, I just let her die sometimes *grin*)

Speaking of letting her die I should mention that you can fight with a team of computer controlled players (the most I've played with is 3 thus far) which sort of aid you but when there's a whole screenload of enemies it seems like you have to do all the work.

Besides taking on enemies with guns (which are customizable, kewl feature), you also have a blade type weapon to slash away all the baddies which you can also do combos with. Also you gain an ability called neo-psionics (the effects are pretty dam nice) which unleashes an attack on lots of enemies around you.

So far this game has kept my interest (except for pi$$ing me off with a DD error :mad: ), and for those of you that enjoyed Gunvalkyrie I suggest you give this a try (better than GV IMO). If you have any questions about the game feel free to ask.

Thanks for the positive impressions. I loved GV, and if this is like it, I'm sure I'll be happy with it.

Cloud Strife
12-21-2002, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Ultron-9

Thanks for the positive impressions. I loved GV, and if this is like it, I'm sure I'll be happy with it. GV was one of my favorite games too.:)