PDA

View Full Version : I'd really like some feedback on these specs

dysrhythmia
11-21-2001, 07:34 PM
And about the Xbox being more powerful then a gamecube...
Effectively, I'd say that's bull****.

500 Mhz PowerPC or 733 Mhz celeron?

The PowerPC processor is about as fast as a 1Ghz athlon. Proven. Celery doesn't stand a chance.

162 Mhz Flipper vs 250 Mhz NVwhatever:

The Nvidia chip has a higher poly fill rate. The Flipper has a higher (multi)texture fill rate. Q: Which is more important at 640X480?

thedrisc
11-21-2001, 07:55 PM
I suggest you go to Tomshardware to find out about diffrent graphics cards processors and such. they do some real hard core testing. tom's will not have the nv2a and flipper but they compare similar cards.

www.tomshardware.com

oooh and I thought it was a pIII and not a celery processor?

Hugh_Jass
11-21-2001, 08:12 PM
I've heard that it's a custom Intel Celeron laptop chip.

shoulda2
11-21-2001, 08:20 PM
hhmm.. ohh boy i gotta reply to this.

500 Mhz PowerPC or 733 Mhz celeron?

Ok for starters it is a 485 g3 type proccessor developed by ibm. VS. a 733 p3 type processor. **note i use the word like becuase they are most like these processors than any others they are custom chips**
Now compare your average market p3 vs g3 and tell me how you figure a 500 is as fast as a 1ghz.. here is a pro mac website bro they even admit they are very close.
<p>http://www.macspeedzone.com/4.0/WinvsMacSPECint.html

As you can see a g3 vs p3 it is no where close to 2x as fast.

162 Mhz Flipper vs 250 Mhz NVwhatever:

The Nvidia chip has a higher poly fill rate. The Flipper has a higher (multi)texture fill rate. Q: Which is more important at 640X480?

I am getting sleepy now. Ok lets compare a Nvidia chipset (the inventors of the Geforce line of chips) vs a no name company pretty much that designed a chip called the flipper.. which was later bought by ATI i believe. And lets even compare ATI's new chipsets vs Nvidia's. And you will see Nvidia has them beat down like a little girl. ( and plz don't spout off those well ati's is more advanced or shoulda you just wait till those l33t new ati drivers come out)

dysrhythmia
11-21-2001, 10:00 PM
Ok I'm not really knowledged in this area.....Basically I want to know if the xbox is in fact more powerful than the gamecube, if so why? It might have already been explained to me, I need a dummy version. Thanks for the imput so far though!