PDA

View Full Version : Blockbuster Conspiracy?

HaloMasterVI
12-19-2002, 08:33 PM
I've not been to any outside my area, but the 2 BB video stores are really skimp on the Xbox selection. There are several games which aren't even there like Hitman 2, Deathrow, 007 Nightfire, Baulder's Gate DA, Kabuki Warriors(don't laugh), Kakuto Chojin, Transworld Surf, Fatal Frame, I think there may be more but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Cloud Strife
12-19-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by HaloMasterVI
I've not been to any outside my area, but the 2 BB video stores are really skimp on the Xbox selection. There are several games which aren't even there like Hitman 2, Deathrow, 007 Nightfire, Baulder's Gate DA, Kabuki Warriors(don't laugh), Kakuto Chojin, Transworld Surf, Fatal Frame, I think there may be more but that's all I can think of off the top of my head. I know, my Blockbuster has a bigger Gamecube selection. I also hate it that their games never work in my Xbox. Hollywood video has a better Xbox selection though.

Ethereal S. D.
12-19-2002, 08:46 PM
Do you think that Sony or Nintendo are secretly paying BB so that they don't rent any more games than the bear minimum for the X-Box? I hope not. Be it BB or Rogers Video, they have a gimpy selection. This is really ****ing me off.:mad:

rio2012
12-19-2002, 08:49 PM
BlockBuster Sucks big time!!

P.S. Tape+XboxGameCD's=Weapon of mass XBOX distruction.:D

Cloud Strife
12-19-2002, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Ethereal S. D.
Do you think that Sony or Nintendo are secretly paying BB so that they don't rent any more games than the bear minimum for the X-Box? I hope not. Be it BB or Rogers Video, they have a gimpy selection. This is really ****ing me off.:mad: Wouldn't surprise me. I also woder if Sony is suppying Blockbuster with defective Xbox games because they never work when I rent them although the game was brand new.:mad:

Dark Enemy
12-19-2002, 08:58 PM
I've not been to any outside my area, but the 2 BB video stores are really skimp on the Xbox selection. There are several games which aren't even there like Hitman 2, Deathrow, 007 Nightfire, Baulder's Gate DA, Kabuki Warriors(don't laugh), Kakuto Chojin, Transworld Surf, Fatal Frame, I think there may be more but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Your not alone man, there PS2 collection is all the way to hell while they dont have that much xbox games.

OuFtb
12-19-2002, 09:08 PM
I never go to Blockbuster but the places I go won't get alot of games until they know the system has succeded. I think the xbox has but mabey they don't.

WynnFire
12-19-2002, 09:53 PM
You think that sucks, try working for Blockbuster and being the only Blockbuster employee (in my neighborhood) that actually has an Xbox. Nobody to play with, no one to talk to face to face about certain games, etc.. It sucks. Last time my store had a corporate walk through, the Vice President said how much we should be pushing games and that videogames are where the money is, bla bla bla... He never said anything about enlarging the number of games that will be coming to the stores. He just told us to move stuff around and put this here and put that there etc... I personally did not get to talk to the guy because I was a cashier and not a manager like I am now. I really really wanted to talk to him so I could see if he could give us more frickin Xbox games.

We can't order rental products, they come from Corporate. I want to rent Deathrow before I buy it but I can't. For some odd reason we (my store at least) carry many copies of BMX XXX, Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, but not Deathrow. :mad:

HaloMasterVI
12-20-2002, 08:38 AM
It gets really old. Once when I had a Sega Saturn, I asked a clerk at BB why there was so many PSX games and no Saturn games, and the clerk said "PSX sells better"...I thought that MS's deep pockets would have fixed this problem, but they havent. Renting games is a major factor in deciding whether I want to buy something or not and I know there's at least a few that I may have bought if I could have rented them first. Hitman 2 first of all....sad thing is, they have like 10 copies of it for PS2.

Spaztic
12-20-2002, 08:46 AM
My blockbuster has tons of xbox games and they always work when I rent them.

Cloud Strife
12-20-2002, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by WynnFire
You think that sucks, try working for Blockbuster and being the only Blockbuster employee (in my neighborhood) that actually has an Xbox. Nobody to play with, no one to talk to face to face about certain games, etc.. It sucks. Last time my store had a corporate walk through, the Vice President said how much we should be pushing games and that videogames are where the money is, bla bla bla... He never said anything about enlarging the number of games that will be coming to the stores. He just told us to move stuff around and put this here and put that there etc... I personally did not get to talk to the guy because I was a cashier and not a manager like I am now. I really really wanted to talk to him so I could see if he could give us more frickin Xbox games.

We can't order rental products, they come from Corporate. I want to rent Deathrow before I buy it but I can't. For some odd reason we (my store at least) carry many copies of BMX XXX, Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, but not Deathrow. :mad: I can see what you mean. There aren't many Xbox owners by me either.:(

evil xbox king
12-20-2002, 04:46 PM
My blockbuster isn't too bad, as it just took over the movieland that was there before it and has all it's games left :)

But you think thats bad, my Video Ezy has a total of *gasp* 3 Xbox games. Pitiful...

Keystone Maniac
12-20-2002, 08:55 PM
My BB isnt to bad they have 4 racks full of XBOX games. But then again there is 8 racks full of PS2 and GC.

Its better than our hollywood video they have grand total of 9 xbox games and they are so outdated no wonder they say they wont get them because they dont rent. I mean come on do you think people wanna rent the first games that came out. I told the guy to get some of the new ones and they will rent.

DIGITAL
12-21-2002, 01:45 AM
my blockbuster got a large seliction of xbox games!an they stopped putting the sticker on games.they allso got tons of preplayed xbox games for sale ,just picked up hunter for 24 bucks!:)

Cloud Strife
12-21-2002, 07:41 AM
I think Blockbuster's pre-played game prices are a ripoff. By the time they send the game into that section, I can find the game for the same price or even cheaper new.

I'm going to Blockbuster anyway today to see about MGS 2 Substance.

CrazyCougar
12-21-2002, 02:55 PM
My 4 Blockbuster stores in my area have been steadily increasing the size of the Xbox selection. I can't complain at all about their efforts to expand my rental selection. As for the PS2 selection being a lot larger. Well duh. Its been out a lot longer and is obviously the more popular system right now because of that. Sometimes I wonder if you guys have any patience. By next year at this time(same spot we stand for the life of ps2), I bet the Xbox section will be huge.

SPARTAN VI
12-21-2002, 03:09 PM
The BB that me, Koopa, and TheCovenant go to is below acceptable. They only carry one or two copies of the newest releases. The only game that is guarenteed to be there is Bruce Lee, Kabuki Warriors, and Halo. It took me about 2 months before I can get my hands on the only rentable copy of DTR. The Hollywood Videos aren't even that great. But at least they have multiple copies of newest releases. But, usually if you can't find it at BB, its at Hollywood video.

Cloud Strife
12-21-2002, 05:06 PM
I've been trying to rent Splinter Cell, but my Blockbuster only has 2 copies. They are always checked out.:(

Unreal
12-21-2002, 07:57 PM
I usually just go to a store in my area called High Score. From Sunday - Wednesday they have 2 for 1 rentals and they all almost all the new Xbox games for rent there. I am picking up Fatal Frame and Unreal tomorrow. I cant wait till christmas to play them :D

Cloud Strife
12-21-2002, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Unreal
I usually just go to a store in my area called High Score. From Sunday - Wednesday they have 2 for 1 rentals and they all almost all the new Xbox games for rent there. I am picking up Fatal Frame and Unreal tomorrow. I cant wait till christmas to play them :D Never heard of that store before. Maybe I'll ask some of my friends who use to live in Ontario Canada about that store.

Unreal
12-21-2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
Never heard of that store before. Maybe I'll ask some of my friends who use to live in Ontario Canada about that store.
There are a few of them. They only deal in games mostly. Do sell used games/new ones though. Not very many. They sell used CD's and DVD's/VHS tapes.

Cloud Strife
12-22-2002, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Unreal

There are a few of them. They only deal in games mostly. Do sell used games/new ones though. Not very many. They sell used CD's and DVD's/VHS tapes. I've been to stores like that with not many games. That kind of reminds me of my Game Xchange. I can rent games there but I never buy them there because they just have a few games.

Master Gracey
12-22-2002, 11:48 PM
The three BBs closest to us suck too... they have very small Xbox sections, and until Splinter Cell, they didn't carry any games that weren't also available on PS2 (including Halo).

Maybe now that SC is out and doing fairly well, they'll finally start carrying some Xbox exclusives, but I'm not holding my breath...

canadianboi3
12-23-2002, 12:30 AM
My blockbuster is stocked full of PS2 games, and a shi**y xbox selection.

HaloMasterVI
12-23-2002, 07:36 AM
My QUestion is....WHY DOESN'T BILL GATES DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT? Since he's so filthy rich, it seems he could cut some kind of deal...

Koopa
12-23-2002, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by SPARTAN VI
The BB that me, Koopa, and TheCovenant go to is below acceptable. They only carry one or two copies of the newest releases. The only game that is guarenteed to be there is Bruce Lee, Kabuki Warriors, and Halo. It took me about 2 months before I can get my hands on the only rentable copy of DTR. The Hollywood Videos aren't even that great. But at least they have multiple copies of newest releases. But, usually if you can't find it at BB, its at Hollywood video.

well to have the glass half full...it just shows that XBOX games are popular:D

Cloud Strife
12-23-2002, 12:34 PM
My QUestion is....WHY DOESN'T BILL GATES DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT? Since he's so filthy rich, it seems he could cut some kind of deal... Because Bill Gates doesn't rent game himself probably. He can play any game he wants to.

Cloud Strife
12-23-2002, 06:45 PM
Something else strange about my Blockbuster I just thought of is, they have 12 copies of Serious Sam (never checked out) and 2 copies of Splinter Cell (never available).

EHWfedPres
12-23-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar-XBA
My 4 Blockbuster stores in my area have been steadily increasing the size of the Xbox selection. I can't complain at all about their efforts to expand my rental selection. As for the PS2 selection being a lot larger. Well duh. Its been out a lot longer and is obviously the more popular system right now because of that. Sometimes I wonder if you guys have any patience. By next year at this time(same spot we stand for the life of ps2), I bet the Xbox section will be huge.

damn right, PA blockbusters are non-biased. But I dont rent games so oh well...i do go to blockbuster to see if theres anybody there that wants to argue about which system is better...and the other person always ends up either admitting they havent played hardly if any xbox games, or they just walk out in frustration...:)

ShannonX
12-23-2002, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar-XBA

i hear ya, both the block buster and best buy (the one i worked at for awhile) have been increasing their xbox game selections. Slowly, but at least there is more of a selection than there used to be.

Cloud Strife
12-24-2002, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Shannon-XBA

i hear ya, both the block buster and best buy (the one i worked at for awhile) have been increasing their xbox game selections. Slowly, but at least there is more of a selection than there used to be. I'm completety surprised, my Blockbuster is trying to shrink the Xbox collection although they are non-biased towars Xbox.