PDA

View Full Version : Monster Cables vs Regular Cables, is their a difference??

WynnFire
11-21-2001, 09:23 PM
Ok I used to work at an electronics store and a lot of times people would spend a hell of a lot more money for Monster cables than regular ones. A friend of mine tells me that their have been tests that prove their is no real difference in quality between Monster Cables and Regualar ones. Can anyone help me with this? Is this true or not? I'm not going to buy Monster Cables whatever the answer is, I'm just curious.

XERO
11-22-2001, 09:29 AM
this controversy has raged in the a/v community for years and tomes have been written on the'cable' subject. ... IMO....yes, there is a difference; but not as substantial as you are lead to believe, most of the time the difference seems to be quoted as lab measurements. i have 40in Mitsubishi monitor in my home video set-up and have found that the standard cables with the Xbox are exceptional. i tried the monster cable set-up and thought they did not deliver. i have also tried this with various other systems and came to the conclusion that i, personally do not buy the hype....you may disagree.