PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own a wireless XBox Controller?

Knight
12-20-2002, 12:25 PM
Is it any good?

Zion
12-20-2002, 01:14 PM
You can't use the wireless controllers with Live :(

Dark Enemy
12-20-2002, 01:44 PM
Wireless controls are better if u have a real big playing lace but if ur room is small or something its no good in my opinion. I have 4 controls so i dont need the wireless:cool:

OuFtb
12-20-2002, 01:55 PM
I don't have a wireless controller or Live but why can't you use your wireless controler on Xbox Live.

Dark Enemy
12-20-2002, 02:00 PM
I didnt know uu couldnt use it on live thats lame, guess the controller wont sell as well

sandeep
12-20-2002, 05:40 PM
as far as i know, there's no official wireless controller from microsoft.

there's 3rd party ones, like i think logitech makes one, and madcatz also has one.

i dont know about the xbox live bit, but i have heard of people having problems with their xbox freezing up when using 3rd party peripherals like them.

i personally only use my controller-s, so i guess i'm not the best source for this info.

plus i hate having to buy batteries, so i dont think i'll ever get a wireless controller.

Cloud Strife
12-20-2002, 05:48 PM
I never buy 3rd party accessories because they don't work right.

chili325
12-20-2002, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by OuFtb
I don't have a wireless controller or Live but why can't you use your wireless controler on Xbox Live. This is not based on actual info but i would speculate that the controller cant transfer voice. Playing live without voice shouldnt be a problem. Im hoping to pick one of these up.

aircobra
12-21-2002, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by OuFtb
I don't have a wireless controller or Live but why can't you use your wireless controler on Xbox Live.

i have the Pelican one, and i can say it does work with Xbox Live, but since the memory card slots aren't on the controller it really is pointless to have since you need to stay by the base to use the headset. so its ok if you don't have XBL but if you do it isn't worth the money.

Insane Jester
12-21-2002, 07:29 PM
[ Burning Ranger wrote ] - [ I never buy 3rd party accessories because they don't work right.]
I have a 3rd party controller and its the perfect size ... everything works fine.. i also bought 3rd party stuff for other games console's and they all worked fine .. apart from one very dodgy memory card for the ps2 ... although i dont think ill buy a wireless control no matter who makes it i wouldnt say that 3rd party stuff that is usally a hell of alot cheaper dont work .. u can always take things back that dont work ...

wweomaniac
12-21-2002, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by aircobra

i have the Pelican one, and i can say it does work with Xbox Live, but since the memory card slots aren't on the controller it really is pointless to have since you need to stay by the base to use the headset. so its ok if you don't have XBL but if you do it isn't worth the money. there's a pelican wireless controller?

I never knew that... Thought they only made the trick one. Is this an import?

# 1 Stunner
12-21-2002, 09:55 PM
i dont trust 3rd party controllers n e more since my trick controler..

rio2012
12-21-2002, 10:19 PM
***INFO***

The logitech wireless controller is ur best bet for xbox live compatiblity and long battery life.

aircobra
12-21-2002, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
there's a pelican wireless controller?

I never knew that... Thought they only made the trick one. Is this an import?

not an import, check out the link below.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=801450

aircobra
12-21-2002, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by rio2012
***INFO***

The logitech wireless controller is ur best bet for xbox live compatiblity and long battery life.

do you know that for a fact? have you used it?

Cloud Strife
12-22-2002, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Insane Jester
[ Burning Ranger wrote ] - [ I never buy 3rd party accessories because they don't work right.]
I have a 3rd party controller and its the perfect size ... everything works fine.. i also bought 3rd party stuff for other games console's and they all worked fine .. apart from one very dodgy memory card for the ps2 ... although i dont think ill buy a wireless control no matter who makes it i wouldnt say that 3rd party stuff that is usally a hell of alot cheaper dont work .. u can always take things back that dont work ... I just don't buy them because they break very quickly and they feel cheap. I don't like cheap products because I'm a high class person.;) The Playstation 2 official memory cards work good. They don't erase game saves like 3rd part cards do. Third Party controllers also don't feel right.

spike spiegel
12-24-2002, 02:48 AM
Cords are so long no need, and I'm cheap so unless its needed it's a no,no.:mad:

wbio
12-27-2002, 06:20 PM
I got a Lynx wireless controller for Xmas and I love it. It sucks you can't use the communicator without sitting by the XBOX, but it will make LAN parties a whole lot easier.