PDA

View Full Version : New Bundles at toys R'us !!

Shadow20002
12-21-2002, 06:36 PM
Xbox Console
Controller S
Naki-Case Transport
DVD Playback Kit
2 Games (JSRF & Rallisport Challenge)

For 399.99$ CAN

Gamecube Console
Memory Card 8 Mb
Case Transport
Controller

For 279.99$ CAN

Playstation 2 Console
Wireless Controller
Memory Card 8 MB
And one of theses games: Ratchet & Clank, ATV Offroad Fury 2, Sly Cooper

For 449.99$ CAN

This Holiday is really hot !!! ;)

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

ARONO129
12-21-2002, 06:42 PM
Those are awful prices but typical for Canada. The $399 Xbox bundle includes the Naki case and the DVD remote but you pay $100 more for those two items. Sorry but that's sad. The other deals aren't much better. :o

Snoopy7548
12-21-2002, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by ARONO129
Those are awful prices but typical for Canada. The $399 Xbox bundle includes the Naki case and the DVD remote but you pay $100 more for those two items.

you also get the 2 games

# 1 Stunner
12-21-2002, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548

you also get the 2 games which in my opinion arent that great..

MerimacHamwich
12-21-2002, 10:16 PM
Hey, ever heard of the exchange rate? The companies want to make the same money they do in the States as they do in Canada. So in order to do that you put the exchange rate into effect. Therefor where games cost 50$ brand new in the states, they cost 70$ brand new in canada. XBOX console costs 200$ n the states, 300$ in canada. Getting the idea? Those are great prices, minus the PS2 deal, thats just pure rip off.

Cloud Strife
12-22-2002, 07:49 AM
I ike the games but I don't like using 3rd party accessories.

ARONO129
12-22-2002, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Hey, ever heard of the exchange rate? The companies want to make the same money they do in the States as they do in Canada. So in order to do that you put the exchange rate into effect. Therefor where games cost 50$ brand new in the states, they cost 70$ brand new in canada. XBOX console costs 200$ n the states, 300$ in canada. Getting the idea? Those are great prices, minus the PS2 deal, thats just pure rip off.

When is see on the news that the Canadian $ is 0.64 US it reminds me of the exchange rate. I am also reminded of it when I overpay on everything I buy. Also in my provence there is 14% (Alberta 7%) tax on just about everything so when I get a haircut, buy a doughnut, buy clothing etc, etc I feel the exchange rate. But hey, they can use some of that $ towards are new and useless gun laws that were supposed to cost 2 mil and ended up costing 1 Bil. Don't get me wrong there are many good things about Canada but the economy isn't one of them.

But on a less political note the only diff between the Xbox Sega bundle for $299 and the Toys R Us bundle for $399 is the DVD remote and the carrying bag which cost the consumer $100 extra. so again it sounds like it's not much of a deal.

Knight
12-22-2002, 02:46 PM

But on a less political note the only diff between the Xbox Sega bundle for $299 and the Toys R Us bundle for $399 is the DVD remote and the carrying bag which cost the consumer $100 extra. so again it sounds like it's not much of a deal.

Or if you check you will find out it cost $57.20US more for the Case & Remote. Lets see a Remote should cost $30Us so your paying $27.20 for a Case. And your taxes are alot higher up there!

http://finance.yahoo.com/m5?a=399&s=CAD&t=USD

ARONO129
12-22-2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Knight

Or if you check you will find out it cost $57.20US more for the Case & Remote. Lets see a Remote should cost $30Us so your paying $27.20 for a Case. And your taxes are alot higher up there!

http://finance.yahoo.com/m5?a=399&s=CAD&t=USD

I have seen the remote for $49 and the case for $35.

BTW Thanks for the currancy conversion link.

Cloud Strife
12-23-2002, 12:38 PM
My local used videogame store was selling the DVD remote for $50. I asked the guy that works there why that is the price and he said Bill Gates told us to charge that.:confused:

kazual
12-23-2002, 12:53 PM

Also in my provence there is 14% (Alberta 7%) tax on just about everything so when I get a haircut, buy a doughnut, buy clothing etc, etc I feel the exchange rate. But hey, they can use some of that $ towards are new and useless gun laws that were supposed to cost 2 mil and ended up costing 1 Bil.

Or your free healthcare, but hey, its cool to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for operations too...

(Edit: I was referring to the movie John Q.. so don't get to angry at me if I am off the mark.. its an exageration.)

ARONO129
12-23-2002, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by kazual

Or your free healthcare, but hey, its cool to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for operations too...

(Edit: I was referring to the movie John Q.. so don't get to angry at me if I am off the mark.. its an exageration.)

Health care in Canada is not free. Believe me we more than pay for "Hallway Medicine" with our taxes.

Knight
12-23-2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
My local used videogame store was selling the DVD remote for $50. I asked the guy that works there why that is the price and he said Bill Gates told us to charge that.:confused:

Any place that wants more then $29.99 for a XBox DVD remote don't buy from them! Suggested Retail Price on XBox.com is $29.99

http://www.xbox.com/system/dvd+movie+playback+kit.htm?cs_catalog=cat%2dus

Cloud Strife
12-23-2002, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Knight

Any place that wants more then $29.99 for a XBox DVD remote don't buy from them! Suggested Retail Price on XBox.com is $29.99

http://www.xbox.com/system/dvd+movie+playback+kit.htm?cs_catalog=cat%2dus Yeah, I already knew that. It was a friend that I had who bought all of his videogames at that store. I told him it was a bad place so he stopped shopping there. They also had Kabuki Warrios for $40 new.

Knight
12-23-2002, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
They also had Kabuki Warrios for $40 new.

I wouldn't pay $1 for that crap new!