PDA

View Full Version : XBOX lawsuit!!! Could this be the end??

RacerX0311
12-21-2002, 08:23 PM
Here is a link to a lawsuite that is filed against microsoft and xbox.
Could this be the end of the XBOX?????

Click here for the Magazine article (http://www.fortune.com/fortune/print/0,15935,400412,00.html)

Xbox Owner
12-21-2002, 08:30 PM
Naw..that was like four days ago..If something big was going to happen..it would of been announced.;)

RacerX0311
12-21-2002, 08:48 PM
i dont really know what to do. I just got my xbox about 2 months ago and every since then I have been hearing all this bad stuff about microsoft loosing money and stuff. I might take the xbox and all my games to EB and trade it in on a PS2 System

Stifler
12-21-2002, 08:51 PM
Nothing's goin' to happen...

Azazel
12-21-2002, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by RacerX0311
i dont really know what to do. I just got my xbox about 2 months ago and every since then I have been hearing all this bad stuff about microsoft loosing money and stuff. I might take the xbox and all my games to EB and trade it in on a PS2 System

So Microsoft losing money has caused you to want to trade in your xbox system for a PS2.

That has to be the stupidest thing Ive ever heard!!!

RacerX0311
12-21-2002, 08:58 PM
no its not just them loosing money its also this lawsuit and all the other stuff you read about xbox. how long do you think MS is going to keep loosing money at this rate before it says thats it. Or they loose this lawsuit. I just dont know what to do

Cloud Strife
12-21-2002, 09:02 PM
I just completely ignore all that stuff now. I bought all three systems just for I wouldn't feel too bad if something happemedd to one of them. I will say that I would be pretty mad if there was no Xbox. I don't like my Gamecube or Playstation 2 anywhere near as much as my Xbox.

ARONO129
12-21-2002, 09:40 PM

That would be a decision you would regret. My friend did that for the exact same reasons you mentioned. Guess what? He has an Xbox again because it's better than the PS2 in every way.

About six months after launch things looked bleek for the Xbox. There weren't many games and people were saying it's the next Dreamcast.

Since then MS bought Rare, launched Live, has more great games than I can afford, and committed 2 Billion until 2005.

The reason that some people don't like the Xbox is because it's made by MS. The reason that the PS2 gets good publicity is because it's made by Sony.

Don't let the negative cr@p dog you and please trust me and keep your Xbox.

rio2012
12-21-2002, 09:46 PM
OMG what is with u peps...:rolleyes:.... NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN.
Example: When Enron went under AOL TIMEWARNER went under investigation for all those crimes that enron had done and everyone went crazy switching from AOL to some other service provider but did they go under NO.

NOTHING I repeat NOTHING Will happedn to microsoft and the XBOX so lets calm down and enjoy the XBOX this holiday.

P.S. DONT TRADE UR XBOX U fool!

wweomaniac
12-21-2002, 09:48 PM
I've never heard of that in my life...

I know Microsoft is totally gonna lose MSN Msnger b/c AOL won the patent for it.

# 1 Stunner
12-21-2002, 09:52 PM
i highly doubt the xbox will be doomed.....:rolleyes:

rio2012
12-21-2002, 10:02 PM
PLUS: in Microsoft goes under IT WOULD BE THE END OF PS2, gamecube and for developers cause WINDOWS IS USED TO MAKE THOSE GAMES plus say bye bye to other components of PC's.
IF WE LIVED IN A MAC WORLD IT WOULD BE HELL ON EARTH !!!!!!!:mad:

wweomaniac
12-21-2002, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by rio2012
IF WE LIVED IN A MAC WORLD IT WOULD BE HELL ON EARTH !!!!!!!:mad: Correction... If we lived in mexico, it would be Hell on Earth

shrew king
12-21-2002, 10:25 PM
interesting, i dont think well see any major problems. if Microsoft does go under ( :rolleyes: ) then it wouldnt be for a long time. the xbox will be fine atleast until the xbox 2 comes out. no worries.

Slacker
12-22-2002, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
Correction... If we lived in mexico, it would be Hell on Earth

I live in mexico most of the year, ..Xbox launched here in october , I get new games for 25.00 bucks, I got a second copy of Halo for 10.00, I buy 20 beers for 8 bucks, I pay 30 an ounce for the dank, I have fine women, cool cars, I can ride my four wheeler on the beach, I paid 10,000 dollars for a nice 3 bedroom beachhouse, you can bribe cops, I took three people to lunch today, we had three full meal's , I paid 7.00, I work for half a year and live here the other half not working , just having fun playing Xbox ..........yeah dude it's such Hell ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

TheCovenant
12-22-2002, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by Slacker

I live in mexico most of the year, ..Xbox launched here in october , I get new games for 25.00 bucks, I got a second copy of Halo for 10.00, I buy 20 beers for 8 bucks, I pay 30 an ounce for the dank, I have fine women, cool cars, I can ride my four wheeler on the beach, I paid 10,000 dollars for a nice 3 bedroom beachhouse, you can bribe cops, I took three people to lunch today, we had three full meal's , I paid 7.00, I work for half a year and live here the other half not working , just having fun playing Xbox ..........yeah dude it's such Hell ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

you liar. you live in a shack, next to a store that sell authentic purses made of rope.

Cloud Strife
12-22-2002, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by TheCovenant

you liar. you live in a shack, next to a store that sell authentic purses made of rope. Give him some respect man.;)

ARONO129
12-22-2002, 10:03 AM
Why all the racist comments about Mexico. My wife is Spanish and She doesn't sell rope purses from a mud shack. Please stop the anti Mexico comments. It is offensive.

Cloud Strife
12-22-2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by ARONO129
Why all the racist comments about Mexico. My wife is Spanish and She doesn't sell rope purses from a mud shack. Please stop the anti Mexico comments. It is offensive. I'm with you on that. I respect all races.:)

VeNoMiZA
12-22-2002, 11:31 AM
no its not just them loosing money its also this lawsuit and all the other stuff you read about xbox. how long do you think MS is going to keep loosing money at this rate before it says thats it. Or they loose this lawsuit. I just dont know what to do
take your xbox and break it into littrle pieces with a sledge hammer go cmon you know you want to go do it..:rolleyes:

No Fear 23
12-22-2002, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by VeNoMiZA

take your xbox and break it into littrle pieces with a sledge hammer go cmon you know you want to go do it..:rolleyes:

lol, yea :)

Dark Enemy
12-22-2002, 01:33 PM
That link is long as hell, im not gonna read it but man, they spent to much money on the system to give it up. And if something was going to happen do u think they would have launched live, or making halo 2..........no, so stop worrying and have fun with ur system.

EHWfedPres
12-22-2002, 02:07 PM
Whatever move that Microsoft lost on the Xbox in one year, Bill gates can make even more in 2 days, so calm down.

TheCovenant
12-22-2002, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
Give him some respect man.;)

well sorry. it's just that you dont have to go around glorifying any nation either. i happen to be mexican, and people with that lifestyle are rare, and usually lie. stereotype, you say? yes. but is there some truth to it? some, yes.

by the way, i am of hispanic heritage. doesnt change anything, but still, juss so you know.

Cloud Strife
12-22-2002, 03:20 PM
Microsoft has the most powerful lawyers anyway. If they can get them out of Spliting up the company, they can get them out of that. It's just another company wanting money.:rolleyes:

Davidjazzman12
12-22-2002, 07:52 PM
this lawsuit is BS nothing is going to happen

and to the idiot who wants to trade his xbox for a ps2

microsoft is not going to give up on xbox any time soon

plus, xbox has had more sales this holiday than any other system

and with xbox live in full throtole, we have a really bright future

Davidjazzman12
12-22-2002, 07:55 PM
plus, microsoft will never be in a position where they will be so starped for cash that they got to give up on xbox
whatever they lose on xbox is made up very quickly every year. and hey, i think that soon they will be making money off of it. the tide is turning. i mean, not all companies start off making money off of a new product right away

Zion
12-22-2002, 10:17 PM

That's something only a clueless idiot would do...:rolleyes:

rio2012
12-22-2002, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Slacker

Viva, Mexico!!!!!!!!:cool:

TheCovenant
12-22-2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
Microsoft has the most powerful lawyers anyway. If they can get them out of Spliting up the company, they can get them out of that. It's just another company wanting money.:rolleyes:

the company did split up didnt it?

(microsoft office and home or something like that)

TheCovenant
12-22-2002, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Davidjazzman12
this lawsuit is BS nothing is going to happen

and to the idiot who wants to trade his xbox for a ps2

microsoft is not going to give up on xbox any time soon

plus, xbox has had more sales this holiday than any other system

and with xbox live in full throtole, we have a really bright future

throttle?:)

dogemon
12-22-2002, 11:12 PM
I dont think so, but what do I know, Im a dumb noob :(

bbchs_trash
12-22-2002, 11:26 PM
I believe the guy that said:

Works in the states half of the year, saves his money, and then lives for dirt cheap with the extremely good money that he made in the US. That is just my guess... not a bad idea... as long as you don't drink the water...

rio2012
12-23-2002, 12:14 AM
Is it me or is RacerX0311 an overreacting n00b:rolleyes:. I mean really look at all of his posts:rolleyes:and he just got his xbox to.:rolleyes:

bbchs_trash
12-23-2002, 01:14 AM
Nah... Racer is a loser.... I think he is just a big fanboy of Sony... go ahead sell your Xbox and get a 3 year old system for it... at least get the damned Gamecube moron...

Geez.... I got the PS2, but I certainly wouldn't trade the 'box for it... whether it flops or not....

Zion
12-23-2002, 01:17 PM

Microsoft made almost 100 billion dollars this year. I hardly call that 'losing money'. :rolleyes:

RudedogX
12-23-2002, 01:20 PM

throttle?:)
You like that word, don'tcha?:D

Zen
12-23-2002, 06:15 PM
Racer... :rolleyes:

Cloud Strife
12-23-2002, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by bbchs_trash

Geez.... I got the PS2, but I certainly wouldn't trade the 'box for it... whether it flops or not.... Neither would I. I only play my Playstation 2 three times a week while playing my Xbox everyday for over an hour.

ShannonX
12-23-2002, 06:48 PM

the company did split up didnt it?

(microsoft office and home or something like that)

uh, right, and Bill Gates purchased me a new car and a house just yesterday.

No, they didn't break up, all that was ruled was that they did have some issues about being a monopoly, but they ruled out the splitting up the company point.

scarecrow kfj
12-24-2002, 09:51 AM
The sky is falling the sky is falling...... Maybe you should go sell your box to get the P2 before its too late..lol MS is not worried about this why would they. Who can afford better lawyers ... Ms thats right so dont you think if the feds couldnt make things stick how is this lil ol comp going to?