PDA

View Full Version : Suikoden III

spike spiegel
12-22-2002, 12:51 AM
Well if you hadn't already heard of it, one of the premiere rpgs is coming to x-box. Suikoden II is a rpg were you switch through characters as your pulled through the intriguing story line.

This series has a really cool recruiting system convince other characters to join you in your quest.

I've always liked this series a lot but most people(I believe) hadn't had the chance to experience it. Well now fellow x-boxers we will.

TheCovenant
12-22-2002, 02:00 PM
i'll rent it.

spike spiegel
12-22-2002, 09:40 PM
Your going to rent an rpg this massive and epic?..............................Have fun spending around 30$ in rental money, at least.

tenchi
12-22-2002, 10:39 PM
this is jons best friend or should i say spike's i have to say the rental guy is one dumb@$$ you cant enjoy the game and worry about its due date. Jon lets find this guy on Live and kick his @$$!!!

spike spiegel
12-22-2002, 10:42 PM
"10/4 good buddy", but this is a forum and try not to make me to many enemies.

Oh and get yourself an icon man.

tenchi
12-22-2002, 10:44 PM
jon i dont know how to get an icon tell me ****** i want one of the light hawk wings on tenchi

TheCovenant
12-23-2002, 12:12 AM
now im not even gonna rent it. look at the pile of crap gamers that follow it. geez.

spike spiegel
12-23-2002, 12:49 AM
Right, well if you get turned of by a game just because you don't like the people who play it I really don't see how you could be a dedicated gamer, or an addict to anything for that matter, so i really don't see why your a member of this forum.

spike spiegel
12-23-2002, 12:50 AM
Oh, and (off subject note)what happened to your gif you had it was cool.

tenchi
12-23-2002, 12:53 AM
You have no right to be a gamer and if i could find you i would kill. You your tastes are bad you probaly didnt even like halo for our help intrying to turn you to a game you insult us. I will find you on live.

SPARTAN VI
12-23-2002, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by tenchi
You have no right to be a gamer and if i could find you i would kill. You your tastes are bad you probaly didnt even like halo for our help intrying to turn you to a game you insult us. I will find you on live.

:o n00bs:o

You guys are funny, think you can take me and TheCovenant?
:o I'm already fallin asleep:o Add me and TheCovenant on, we'll school you guys in any game, playin upside down, through a mirror, with one hand...:o n00bs, peh, n00bs, peh....

Oh and welcome to XBA.:)

Oh, and (off subject note)what happened to your gif you had it was cool.

Mods made a new rule. Sigs can't be any larger than 75kbs.

tenchi
12-23-2002, 01:12 AM
If you own unreal add us to your friend list we will meet you tommorrow on live. I'll be on at 11.00pm eastern time.

tenchi
12-23-2002, 01:12 AM
If you own unreal add us to your friend list we will meet you tommorrow on live. I'll be on at 11.00pm eastern time.

SPARTAN VI
12-23-2002, 01:13 AM
this is jons best friend or should i say spike's i have to say the rental guy is one dumb@$$ you cant enjoy the game and worry about its due date. Jon lets find this guy on Live and kick his @$$!!!

You're messin with the wrong people n00b. TheCovenant and I are well respected people at XBA. You usually don't wanna jump in and start callin people a$sholes thinkin your opinion is the only one that matters. Hang around here long enough doin the same thing you're doin and see how long you last without gettin banned. :rolleyes:

Nice double post...:rolleyes:

pwahAHAHAH! YOU challenged US ! You put our names on your list! I won't go outta my way to add a couple of hotheads that go on flaming raids. :rolleyes: See ya there.

tenchi
12-23-2002, 01:20 AM
I would like to state the fact that i never called anyone an a$shole i said he was dumb with the word @$$ attached. How do you have so much influence if you cant see te fact that nobody rents an rpg its foolishness. Just plain foolishness. If you could beat it in a rental then its not a good rpg.You will meet us live right? Im looking forward to meeting some skilled people.

SPARTAN VI
12-23-2002, 01:25 AM
I would like to state the fact that i never called anyone an a$shole i said he was dumb with the word @$$ attached. How do you have so much influence if you cant see te fact that nobody rents an rpg its foolishness. Just plain foolishness. If you could beat it in a rental then its not a good rpg.You will meet us live right? Im looking forward to meeting some skilled people.

OH! MY BAD!:rolleyes: DUMBA$S IS A WHOLE LOT NICER THAN A$SHOLE!:rolleyes:

Whoever said he'd just rent it, play it for the few days he had it, then return it? Renting is used to see if a game is any good or not. If he really likes the game he'll buy it. I bought FF8 after I rented it for a few days, then beat it. You have to look at ALL of the angles before you go on a flame raid.

If we can be on at 8pm (western) you'll see us there. Just remind me on AIM. I'm always on. My screen name is VI SPARTAN VI.

tenchi
12-23-2002, 01:28 AM
I would like to apologize for my rushed remark. I never rent a game.I go on my gut instinct and reviews to buy a game and am never wrong well once bloodrayne but she was hot and that was just plain false advertising.

SPARTAN VI
12-23-2002, 02:51 AM
I would like to apologize for my rushed remark. I never rent a game.I go on my gut instinct and reviews to buy a game and am never wrong well once bloodrayne but she was hot and that was just plain false advertising.

When I rent, I go by instinct too. FF8 is the only game I bought after renting it, now I only go to rent certain RPGs that I don't plan on buying. Genma Onimusha was a FUN RPG, I beat it when I rented it. Any of the REs can be beat in a few days rental too. In fact, every single game I've rented I've beat. Except The Thing, that probably isn't even worth a rental...:confused:

So yeah, be careful with who you flame. And welcome to XBA.:) My sister just joined a few days ago too.:D

Arven
12-23-2002, 08:00 AM
[...] nobody rents an rpg its foolishness. Just plain foolishness. If you could beat it in a rental then its not a good rpg.

Maybe he's renting it to find out whether he likes the style and gameplay, not to beat it. Guess that didn't occur to you? I rented a bunch of PS2 RPGs for that reason (and saved myself a lot of money).

Cloud Strife
12-23-2002, 07:31 PM
I've been considering buying this game, I just don't know whether I would like it. I like Suikoden I and II. I would buy it without trying it if an Xbox version was released because I want a linear RPG on Xbox.

EHWfedPres
12-23-2002, 07:54 PM
why would anybody rent or even buy a game just to beat it? I buy games to have fun with them. I had Morrowind since the hour it was released, put more than a week's worth of play (realtime) into the game, and have not even started the main quest yet, but its still fun. :)

Cloud Strife
12-23-2002, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
why would anybody rent or even buy a game just to beat it? I buy games to have fun with them. I had Morrowind since the hour it was released, put more than a week's worth of play (realtime) into the game, and have not even started the main quest yet, but its still fun. :) I can see what your saying. I own over 400 videogames and only beaten a very small percentage of them. I buy game to have fun or to have a great experience.

Knight
12-23-2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by SPARTAN VI

When I rent, I go by instinct too. FF8 is the only game I bought after renting it, now I only go to rent certain RPGs that I don't plan on buying. Genma Onimusha was a FUN RPG, I beat it when I rented it. Any of the REs can be beat in a few days rental too. In fact, every single game I've rented I've beat. Except The Thing, that probably isn't even worth a rental...:confused:

So yeah, be careful with who you flame. And welcome to XBA.:) My sister just joined a few days ago too.:D

If you rent this your not going to beat it because it's a 60+ hour game! I know because I'm still playing it on my friends ps2!

SPARTAN VI
12-23-2002, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Knight

If you rent this your not going to beat it because it's a 60+ hour game! I know because I'm still playing it on my friends ps2!

Who said I was going to rent it?:rolleyes:

If I DO rent this, Suikiden III, and I don't manage to finish it. Then only if it's good enough and worth it, I will buy it. But there won't be a point to buying it if Irent it and get through over 50% of the game.

TheCovenant
12-27-2002, 01:39 AM
tenchi and spiegal.

you have felt my wrath on uc, ON LIVE.

YOU NOW KNOW IM NO FOOL. i counquered kris, and jon.

as for renting suikuden III. i can beat a 60+ hour rpg in a week. thats plenty of time. i might not get every item in the game and find every sword, but i'll get through it.

i beat FFX in a weekend with my cousins. sure it's all we did and that weekend (including friday and part of monday), but we did it.

the reason i said that however, was because i know nothing of suikoden series. so i wanted to rent it to find out. simple. no need to get flammin.

but after you flame me because i wanna see it, that just gives the game an immediate sour taste, and seeing as none of them were epic enough to grab my attention before, thre's no need to play this one either. especially if you flame me for renting it.

but now that i met you online, and completely annihilated you, i think i'll go back to renting it again.

lol.

spike spiegel
12-27-2002, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by SPARTAN VI

Who said I was going to rent it?:rolleyes:

If I DO rent this, Suikiden III, and I don't manage to finish it. Then only if it's good enough and worth it, I will buy it. But there won't be a point to buying it if Irent it and get through over 50% of the game.

In all seriousness this is one of "those" rpgs(think Morrowind), that you just don't beat in a week or two, or even three for that matter. So if your not sure about getting I'd suggest looking at som reviews or something.

spike spiegel
12-27-2002, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
I've been considering buying this game, I just don't know whether I would like it. I like Suikoden I and II. I would buy it without trying it if an Xbox version was released because I want a linear RPG on Xbox.

:) This game is being made for all the consoles, which in turn is most likely the reason for the shoddy graphics.:confused:

spike spiegel
12-27-2002, 02:41 PM
this sucks

tenchi
12-27-2002, 02:52 PM
the only reason i am posting is to see if i have an icon yet i would also like to state the fact that tha covenant is quite a good player and he is more modest in the matches than after so dont miss playing him over his childishness attitude in these posts and covenant i would like to play you some more.

TheCovenant
12-27-2002, 09:33 PM
the only reason i am posting is to see if i have an icon yet i would also like to state the fact that tha covenant is quite a good player and he is more modest in the matches than after so dont miss playing him over his childishness attitude in these posts and covenant i would like to play you some more.

hahahaha. i'm just kidding around. i never read the rest of the thread, so i just thought i might bring that up. sorry for the childness, but it's okay to be like that once in awhile.

If it's any constellation, however, you and kris did give me and spartan a run for our money that one time at curse.........

as for playing me ......sure:) we think kris will most likely make the clan too.......:)

tenchi
12-27-2002, 10:00 PM
i respect that you admitted that match and i would like some rematches. over time we will all be equals. after all i've only owned the game 2 weeks and since i got my pc a week ago havent played much.

TheCovenant
12-27-2002, 11:35 PM
i respect that you admitted that match and i would like some rematches. over time we will all be equals. after all i've only owned the game 2 weeks and since i got my pc a week ago havent played much.

OKAY!

tenchi
12-27-2002, 11:38 PM
when is the elimination match to detemine the next 2 clan members?

TheCovenant
12-30-2002, 03:35 AM
those decisions and many other were spartans idea.....

i just "okay'd " them.

supposedly its tomorrow.