PDA

View Full Version : Dad and brother................



RacerX0311
12-22-2002, 09:59 AM
Hi all. I just called my mom on the phone to talk to my brother about borrowing his moto gp game. Well I got some very shocking news from my mother. She said my brother and dad just left to go to EB and trade in his XBOX system and all his games (9) for a PS2 because of all the **** thats going on with microsoft and the xbox. Do you think this could be a trend that will hurt the XBOX? I sure hope not as I have only had mine for about 3 months but I trulely love it. I traded my PS2 in on a XBOX.

Insane Jester
12-22-2002, 10:19 AM
o.k o.k i been ill for like a week .. so what **** with microsoft and the xbox ? ive heard nothing .. and im sure it wont set a trend .. my m8 works in eb and he says they have had hundreds of ps2's being swapped for xbox's this year .. no worries im sure .

carlbme
12-22-2002, 10:27 AM
ROFL

They'll be back. There is NOTHING going on with the Xbox. Just like when the Anti-Trust trial first kicked off everyone was saying that it was the end of the line for Microsoft....Well it wasn't.

I feel for you. To honestly be so naive that you would think a company a large as MS could go under so easy on a pet project like this. The Xbox is a big key for them. They come in second place this round they have a huge chance at first place next round.

Also, this stuff about MS loosing money on every console made...yea, and so does every other console maker. The fact is that their profits come from the fee's they get for every game sold, not the hardware.

It was a moronic thing to get rid of the Xbox. I hope that a few months down the road when even more games are out for both single player and Live that they will realize their mistake and want the Xbox back. Of course by that time the deal EB has with switching out the consoles will be over with so they'll be ended up a couple of hundred bucks or so...

ARONO129
12-22-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by RacerX0311
Hi all. I just called my mom on the phone to talk to my brother about borrowing his moto gp game. Well I got some very shocking news from my mother. She said my brother and dad just left to go to EB and trade in his XBOX system and all his games (9) for a PS2 because of all the **** thats going on with microsoft and the xbox. Do you think this could be a trend that will hurt the XBOX? I sure hope not as I have only had mine for about 3 months but I trulely love it. I traded my PS2 in on a XBOX.

That's like trading a BMW in for a Kia. Sad story.

MXSmkin
12-22-2002, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by RacerX0311
Hi all. I just called my mom on the phone to talk to my brother about borrowing his moto gp game. Well I got some very shocking news from my mother. She said my brother and dad just left to go to EB and trade in his XBOX system and all his games (9) for a PS2 because of all the **** thats going on with microsoft and the xbox. Do you think this could be a trend that will hurt the XBOX? I sure hope not as I have only had mine for about 3 months but I trulely love it. I traded my PS2 in on a XBOX.

I also traded my ps2 for a xbox

Cloud Strife
12-22-2002, 11:49 AM
I doubt he is going to be happier with a Playstation 2. I bought one because people kept saying how good it was and I don't like it anywhere near as much as my Xbox. Threads like this make me leave the forum because I don't want to hear this rubbish.

No Fear 23
12-22-2002, 01:36 PM
damn, why cant these ppl get the point that microsoft is not gonna dump xbox. they just started on designin xbox 2 and they are happy with the results.

Slacker
12-22-2002, 02:01 PM
Intertrust will get nothing and like it, if Intertrust gets microsoft, then they get Sony, then they get nintendo , ALL systems will be hurt because somewhere in all systems a microsoft product is used, so say goodbye to your PS2 and your Game cube, why do you think Sony wants to buy Intertrust, Bill will just end up writing a check to settle the matter, he has 300 billion behind him , and the offer for intertrust is under 500 million,,,,,,,,,,he could find that in his couch ,,,,,,,,

as far as the people that trade in thier XBOX"s ...............AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH......thats so funny,,,,

POD13259
12-22-2002, 02:23 PM
Alright guys, listen:

RacerX's brother has the right to whatever gaming system he wants, whether by personal choice or by the opinions he forms from the information that we, as all true gamers should, are all the first to hear.


Xbox is not going anywhere.
Playstation 2 is not going anywhere.
GameCube is not going anywhere.


Damned be the fanboys that think otherwise.

Dark Enemy
12-22-2002, 02:28 PM
Ok im confused what the hell have u been smoking man, xbox is here to stay, plus the compnay has lots and i mean lots of money so dont worry bro, slap yr brother if he trades in his xbox for that reason.

ARONO129
12-22-2002, 02:46 PM
IMO It's easier to go from the PS2 to the Xbox than it is to from the Xbox to the PS2.

The PS2 graphics are not as good. I am a graphics wh*** if I wasn't I'd be lying and playing my Atari. I think we all would.

Why bother with memory cards with the PS2 when the Xbox has a HD for games, music and in game music. Why bother with having to buy a broadband adapter and controller hub when the Xbox has it all.

To Burning Ranger: Don't let the negativity bother you. I think we all have a small fear of either the Xbox or GC can fail due to the popularity of the PS2. However if MS was going to pull out of the console industry they probably would have done that before they bought Rare and launched Live. Also many companies have great games planned for the Xbox.

When I company like Sega decides not to make upcoming sports games for the GC that's a danger sign. That hasn't happened with the Xbox.

Keep the faith.

Cloud Strife
12-22-2002, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by ARONO129
IMO It's easier to go from the PS2 to the Xbox than it is to from the Xbox to the PS2.

The PS2 graphics are not as good. I am a graphics wh*** if I wasn't I'd be lying and playing my Atari. I think we all would.

Why bother with memory cards with the PS2 when the Xbox has a HD for games, music and in game music. Why bother with having to buy a broadband adapter and controller hub when the Xbox has it all.

To Burning Ranger: Don't let the negativity bother you. I think we all have a small fear of either the Xbox or GC can fail due to the popularity of the PS2. However if MS was going to pull out of the console industry they probably would have done that before they bought Rare and launched Live. Also many companies have great games planned for the Xbox.

When I company like Sega decides not to make upcoming sports games for the GC that's a danger sign. That hasn't happened with the Xbox.

Keep the faith. I not worried one bit about the Xbox. I bought all systems because that is what I always do. Last console generation, I bought a Playstation, Nintendo 64 and Sega Saturn around the same time. I just got angry because I'm tired of hearing it. That is why I tell no one I own an Xbox.

LynxFX
12-22-2002, 05:19 PM
This is like second thread from you RacerX0311 where you are crying wolf.

Fact: Microsoft has always had lawsuits pending.

Fact: Microsoft isn't going away.

Fact: Microsoft still controlls over 75% of all PC's in one way or another and this is after they lost an antitrust lawsuit.

Fact: Xbox isn't going away.

Fact: PS2 isn't going away.

Fact: Microsoft is always continuing to expand to new markets.

Fact: Microsoft isn't going away.

Fact: Xbox is not going away.

Cloud Strife
12-22-2002, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA
This is like second thread from you RacerX0311 where you are crying wolf.

Fact: Microsoft has always had lawsuits pending.

Fact: Microsoft isn't going away.

Fact: Microsoft still controlls over 75% of all PC's in one way or another and this is after they lost an antitrust lawsuit.

Fact: Xbox isn't going away.

Fact: PS2 isn't going away.

Fact: Microsoft is always continuing to expand to new markets.

Fact: Microsoft isn't going away.

Fact: Xbox is not going away. Great Point.:)

rio2012
12-22-2002, 08:08 PM
OK peps here is the deal nice clean and simple.....
IF MICROSOFT GOES UNDER which its not THERE WOULD BE MASS CHAOS because microsoft has the operating system of choice for developers, the army, the navy, all companies, and Nasa. So If Microsoft went under we would all be going crazy.

Example: The Y2K bug !!!!:eek:

Cloud Strife
12-23-2002, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by rio2012
OK peps here is the deal nice clean and simple.....
IF MICROSOFT GOES UNDER which its not THERE WOULD BE MASS CHAOS because microsoft has the operating system of choice for developers, the army, the navy, all companies, and Nasa. So If Microsoft went under we would all be going crazy.

Example: The Y2K bug !!!!:eek: Yep that world would go crazy. I don't see Linux running really any computer systems besides the Playstation 2.

FuNkY mOnK
12-23-2002, 02:03 PM
MS will not go down, maybe xbox? not the company. but i doubt xbox will. the other case scenario is, if xbox gets tossed, you mean to tell me that the ps2 is going to satisfy our gaming hunger? i really don't think so.

RudedogX
12-23-2002, 02:14 PM
I wish I had seen this earlier. Lynx, you already beat me to the punch. Racer, either you seriously are worried about what others think and are extremely paranoid about things concerning the XBox, or you are a PS2 fanboy who is trying to conceal it by posting things like this.

Let's face it, MS is one of the largest and richest companies in the world. MS has stated several times over that it will continue to work on its investment of the XBox to improve upon it and ensure its success. MS has purchased developers to ensure the XBox's success and continues to investigate the possibility of other buyouts.

In other words, if you're a fanboy, then just get out because you suck at coming up with arguments, if you're just really paranoid that the XBox is going to take a tumble, then don't worry, the sun will rise again tomorrow and the XBox will continue to sell well and be more successful than the MS naysayers would like to believe.:cool:

FuNkY mOnK
12-23-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by RacerX0311
She said my brother and dad just left to go to EB and trade in his XBOX system and all his games (9) for a PS2 because of all the **** thats going on with microsoft and the xbox. XBOX.

Thats nice of your dad and brother in supporting overseas market, you wouldn't see a Japanese dad and his kid bail out on their country, thats why ps2 is doing so well and the fact you have american fanboys who add to thier success.