PDA

View Full Version : survival horror



AmpedRider
12-22-2002, 12:30 PM
Dont you think xbox needs some kind of survival horror game? PS2 has Silent Hill 3 prolly wont get that on xbox. Only thing we really have is fatal frame (not scary), hunter (boring not scarey) and a Silent Hill port. If MS wants to please fans and make people want the xbox I think they should purchase rights to SH:3. Just a thought

xboxman_1
12-22-2002, 01:24 PM
Why don't you think we will get SH3?

Shadow20002
12-22-2002, 02:08 PM
First of all, Silent Hill 3 will (maybe) appear on Xbox but don't expect we will get it next year, it's will come after a least 6 months after the launch on PS2. So for what we have exclusively for Xbox, the only game i think about is The Unseen. Maybe is not survival horror but sound a little bit the samething IMO. :p



P.S. Maybe more will come. Expectations: E3 2003

Cloud Strife
12-22-2002, 02:08 PM
I personally don't care about them. They are usually short and have low replay value. The only survival Horror I iked was Fatal Frame and Blue Stinger.

Slacker
12-22-2002, 02:09 PM
we have alot, you forgot , Bloodrayne and the thing they are ports but they look good theres also upcoming games like The unseen, the lost a Call of cthulu game, which looks to be awesome and should scare the crap out of you

ARONO129
12-22-2002, 02:52 PM
I haven't played Buffy but doesn't that game fit the catagory?

Personally I hope MS buys Capcom. RE would rock on the box.

Cloud Strife
12-22-2002, 04:26 PM
I didn't think Bloodrayne was a survival horror. I have only played te demo so what would I know anyway. I don't care about Resident Evil one bit. I bought the first one and absolutely hated it. I even played all of them and hated each one. The series needs to stop.;)

TheCovenant
12-22-2002, 04:33 PM
i think the resident evil series is a great series. very creepy at times. i also think that the silent hill series is a very deep, and enthralling story. i like both a lot. as for replay,i dont think i have the guts to replay them. going through them once is quite challenging and makes you feel great afterwords.

there are very cool action sequences in resident evil code veronica.

as for microsoft getting more of these. i think the ports will still avalanche in, and i think i can live with that. the genre doesnt have a tremendous following, but it is a nice break from ordinary stuff. ( stuff that doesnt scare the living crap out of you)

MerimacHamwich
12-22-2002, 04:39 PM
Bloood Rayne isn't a survival horror. Resident Evil sucks the big one in my opinion, so I am glad they don't have it on the xbox. How come no one mentioned THE THING? That game is awesome. A critically accliamed survival horror on the PS2 is also coming to the xbox. Its name being, Run Like Hell.

Cloud Strife
12-22-2002, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Bloood Rayne isn't a survival horror. Resident Evil sucks the big one in my opinion, so I am glad they don't have it on the xbox. How come no one mentioned THE THING? That game is awesome. A critically accliamed survival horror on the PS2 is also coming to the xbox. Its name being, Run Like Hell. I forgot about that game. I rented The Thing this summer and it was great. I rented the PS2 version first but I couldn't save my data because 2000 KB were required to save. I took it back and got the Xbox version and was able to play. Great game though.:)

Afro Aura
12-24-2002, 01:30 PM
Monky what are you talking about as AloneInTheDark said 'Fatal Frame' is scary like hell!!!
I also think that Capcom will do a XBOX port of Silent Hill 3 although I have to say SH2 was pretty boring

PhantomX
12-24-2002, 02:00 PM
I looked at the thing the other day but didnt get it. Do you think its worth it? What would you compare it to?

wweomaniac
12-24-2002, 02:08 PM
isn't DOOM III being transformed into a horrow game? I think it is...

MerimacHamwich
12-24-2002, 02:26 PM
Doom 3 will be a 1st person shooter horror game. Like it was intended to be in doom 1. The alpha is awesome.

xboxman_1
12-24-2002, 02:48 PM
What about Asylum? In case you don't know what I'm talking about, go Here (http://www.teamxbox.com/gameinfo.php?id=345)

If you watch the movies, this one seems like one of the more scary games ever made.

Afro Aura
12-24-2002, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by PhantomX
I looked at the thing the other day but didnt get it. Do you think its worth it? What would you compare it to?
I thought The Thing was an OK game the only reason I got rid of it, because all my men had there own minds about where they wanted to go and normally getting themselves killed.

I can't really compare The Thing with anything as there is only one game like it.
I would say try 'Fatal Frame' if your looking for a horror/puzzle game and yes it is scary, play it on yer tod with the lights out and you'll see what I mean if you've got a surround sound system it'll bring great atmosphere to the game too

Afro Aura
12-24-2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by xboxman_1
What about Asylum? In case you don't know what I'm talking about, go Here (http://www.teamxbox.com/gameinfo.php?id=345)

If you watch the movies, this one seems like one of the more scary games ever made.
Yeah it looks pretty cool but when the hell is it going to be released

MerimacHamwich
12-24-2002, 02:57 PM
The Thing is awesome. My guys would always do what i wanted them to. I just made them follow me. Afro, you may not have selected the follow option or else your guys were too scared to go with you. I think The Thing is one of the games that should be considered for GOTY. It had originality and fun.

I forgot about Asylum. That game does look pretty creepy.

xboxman_1
12-24-2002, 03:01 PM
Especially in one of the video's there is this deformed body hanging in a tree and its swaying in the wind...I don't know that scene is always imprinted into my brain.

Afro Aura
12-24-2002, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
The Thing is awesome. My guys would always do what i wanted them to. I just made them follow me. Afro, you may not have selected the follow option or else your guys were too scared to go with you. I think The Thing is one of the games that should be considered for GOTY. It had originality and fun.

Yeah maybe your right mate, I have to say one thing that got on my nerves is when you do a blood sample why do they change a few minutes later?

and yeah I have to say the game was fun (when the guy where doing what they where told to do) great graphics too

MerimacHamwich
12-24-2002, 03:13 PM
Yeah, that is wierd about the Blood Test. I never thought about that. Then again, I don't think I came across a situation like that.
:)

Cloud Strife
12-27-2002, 06:59 PM
No survival horror is as good as Fatal Frame. Blue Stinger is the second best of all time. Much better than Resident Evil and The Thing.

Kortiz
12-27-2002, 07:14 PM
im a wussy.....i hate those scary games....im all shaking in the dark and then something jumps out at me and ME (6' 5" 280lbs) will scream like a little baby.....and i run out of ammo...AND I DIE!!!


i stick to the realistic games cuz i too scerrrred to finish one of them games there

Cloud Strife
12-27-2002, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH
im a wussy.....i hate those scary games....im all shaking in the dark and then something jumps out at me and ME (6' 5" 280lbs) will scream like a little baby.....and i run out of ammo...AND I DIE!!!


i stick to the realistic games cuz i too scerrrred to finish one of them games there You too scared man. I'll go over to IPFW dressed like one of those scarry creatures and walk by you.;) I'm only 5'5" at 140lbs so nothing is scary to me.

MerimacHamwich
12-27-2002, 07:21 PM
Contraband Entertainment (http://www.contrabandent.com/abducted/index.html) is making a game called Abducted. It seems like it will be the ultimate Horror game. GRAPHICS, gameplay and storyline wise.

Kortiz
12-27-2002, 07:30 PM
hehe.....real life is different. in a game you are...IN THEIR WORLD.....

Kortiz
12-27-2002, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
You too scared man. I'll go over to IPFW dressed like one of those scarry creatures and walk by you.;) I'm only 5'5" at 140lbs so nothing is scary to me.


i would laugh at you....

Cloud Strife
12-27-2002, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH



i would laugh at you.... Oh really. You would probably laugh at me also if I came there dressed in my Mario costume.

If you see anyone dressed up like a videogame character at a store, then it's probably me.:)

At your size, Did you play any Sports back inyour old High School?

MerimacHamwich
12-27-2002, 07:55 PM
If you came at me in a costume I would punch you in the face and steal your money!
:)

Cloud Strife
12-27-2002, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
If you came at me in a costume I would punch you in the face and steal your money!
:) You would punch someone two years older than you. Anyway, Calgary is too far away from me.

I got the idea of dressing up like a videogame character from Japan.;)

MerimacHamwich
12-27-2002, 08:27 PM
Seems like something you would do.

Cloud Strife
12-27-2002, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Seems like something you would do. Yeah, that's me. I love just about anything Japanese and I like anime a lot.

Kortiz
12-28-2002, 06:25 PM
i quit playing school sports after middle school.

i wanted to PLAY....i sure as hell wanted to win, but to win you had to quit having fun.....that is how it was for me anyway.
so i quit playing, didnt play any highschool sports. just followed up on what went on and that was it.

Cloud Strife
12-28-2002, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH
i quit playing school sports after middle school.

i wanted to PLAY....i sure as hell wanted to win, but to win you had to quit having fun.....that is how it was for me anyway.
so i quit playing, didnt play any highschool sports. just followed up on what went on and that was it. Yeah, I kind of stopped myself because of that. I just wondered because you seemed like the size of a Football player and I knew several of them at your high school.