PDA

View Full Version : wwe shut your mouth on xbox?

goodfellaronin
12-22-2002, 03:58 PM
Hi can anybody tell me if this game will ever be on the x-box?What about star wars bounty hunter and star wars attack of the clones?Thanks

CrazyCougar
12-22-2002, 05:22 PM
I can answer the WWE question and that would be a no. BUT WWE Raw 2 will be coming soon enough. As for the others I'm not to sure.

Dark Enemy
12-22-2002, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by goodfellaronin
Hi can anybody tell me if this game will ever be on the x-box?What about star wars bounty hunter and star wars attack of the clones?Thanks

each system has its one wrestling game:

Ps2= smackdown series
xbox= raw series
gamecube= wrestlemania series i think

EHWfedPres
12-23-2002, 01:45 PM
Im glad smackdown games will never be on the Xbox, Yukes is the worst wrestling game developer ever. They couldnt make a semi-half decent wrestling game if their lives depended on it.

But hey, Anchor is not much better, but Raw was their first...anybody remember how incrediby stupid Smackdown 1 was? Hybrid Wrestler for SNES is better than smackdown 1...:rolleyes:

Cloud Strife
12-23-2002, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Im glad smackdown games will never be on the Xbox, Yukes is the worst wrestling game developer ever. They couldnt make a semi-half decent wrestling game if their lives depended on it.

But hey, Anchor is not much better, but Raw was their first...anybody remember how incrediby stupid Smackdown 1 was? Hybrid Wrestler for SNES is better than smackdown 1...:rolleyes: Surprises me because Anchor did a good job on Dreamcast UFC game.

SlightlySycho
12-23-2002, 08:56 PM
Actually, they did. The problem is they tried to apply that sort of thinking to a wrestling game, and it just didn't work.:(

The Smackdown! Franchise doesn't actually look half bad. If RAW 2 sucks, then I might just have to join with those who'd like it to be ported. I wouldn't consider it unlikely. The N64's THQ wrestling games all "debuted" as PlayStation franchises. WCW vs. The World was essentially the same engine as WCW vs. nWo: World Tour (which became the engine for all sucessive wrestling games). There were also the Nitro games that got ported.

Of course, I'm still emphatically awaiting the arrival of Wild Rings.:D

EHWfedPres
12-23-2002, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by SlightlySycho
Actually, they did. The problem is they tried to apply that sort of thinking to a wrestling game, and it just didn't work.:(

The Smackdown! Franchise doesn't actually look half bad. If RAW 2 sucks, then I might just have to join with those who'd like it to be ported. I wouldn't consider it unlikely. The N64's THQ wrestling games all "debuted" as PlayStation franchises. WCW vs. The World was essentially the same engine as WCW vs. nWo: World Tour (which became the engine for all sucessive wrestling games). There were also the Nitro games that got ported.

Of course, I'm still emphatically awaiting the arrival of Wild Rings.:D

No, the problem is that they had luck involved with grapple reversals, and a physics system that is even laughed at by Tony hawk games :(

Plus the weapons sucks goat balls and the CAW was real bad.

read the last line in my sig, thats all i care about.

Flood
12-25-2002, 06:42 AM
i own smackdown: shut your mouth for Ps2 and i think they're the best wrestling games since WCW vs. NWO for N64...theres lost of different matches, create a wrestler is pretty massive, multiplayer is lots of fun, lots of wrestlers, and most importantly..the career mode is long and fun. i dont even watch wrestling(i used to years ago) and i think its a great game.....but the best part is that Shawn Michaels is in it!! seriously one of the best wrestler's the wwf(wwe) has ever seen