PDA

View Full Version : Up for grabs

chili325
12-23-2002, 11:36 PM
This article if u feel like reading it says that many of the top game companies;
sega
capcom
midway
eidos
and a bunch more are probably going to be bought. Check it out.http://money.cnn.com/2002/12/20/commentary/game_over/column_gaming_takeover/index.htm

spike spiegel
12-24-2002, 02:16 AM
Very interesting, although highly unlikely.

There's no way Sega would sell, they make alot more money when developing for all three(at least with their sports titles), but then again they havnt been selling that high on the charts, and those other Japanese developers seem unlikely to, but hopfully microsoft could throw alot of cash at lets say..........Capcom(Konami would be nice, but MGS can't contend with all of Capcmos games)

Cloud Strife
12-24-2002, 08:22 AM
I say that earlier. I really don't think Nintendo has the money to buy a big company. I heard earlier that the money Nintendo got from the sale of Rare let them pay their debt. However, I would love Microsoft to buy Sega. I want Konami to suppot Xbox more also.

spike spiegel
12-24-2002, 01:08 PM
Yeah but don't you think that Capcom would help Xbox the most?

Cloud Strife
12-24-2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by spike spiegel
Yeah but don't you think that Capcom would help Xbox the most? I think they would help a little in the U.S. but much more in Japan. The problem is that Breath of Fire might not have a big enough fan base to really push Xbox in Japan.

RadRider
12-27-2002, 02:00 AM
Nintendo in debt? Unlikely. They've got a stockpile of billions of dollars, but they don't have the resources of Sony or Microsoft, so any major purchases probably wouldn't be buy Nintendo.

This is small cakes though. Activision is the biggest name I noticed in there, and to be honest, I haven't been interested in any Activision products of the past few years.

I think the big story to be watching out for is the sale of Vivendi Universal. IF Vivendi sells (owner of Blizzard Entertainment, Sierra Entertainment and Universal Interactive), then all of a sudden, a huge corner of the market is suddenly owned by someone else. Microsoft is probably the only of the three console manufacturers that would be likely to make the purchase, which would flip the industry on it's head (or at the very least, make all the Crash Bandicoot games exclusive to Xbox and Blizzard games exclusive to PC and Xbox). I don't think Microsoft will buy them, but it's something to watch for.

Cloud Strife
12-27-2002, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by RadRider
Nintendo in debt? Unlikely. They've got a stockpile of billions of dollars, but they don't have the resources of Sony or Microsoft, so any major purchases probably wouldn't be buy Nintendo.

This is small cakes though. Activision is the biggest name I noticed in there, and to be honest, I haven't been interested in any Activision products of the past few years.

I think the big story to be watching out for is the sale of Vivendi Universal. IF Vivendi sells (owner of Blizzard Entertainment, Sierra Entertainment and Universal Interactive), then all of a sudden, a huge corner of the market is suddenly owned by someone else. Microsoft is probably the only of the three console manufacturers that would be likely to make the purchase, which would flip the industry on it's head (or at the very least, make all the Crash Bandicoot games exclusive to Xbox and Blizzard games exclusive to PC and Xbox). I don't think Microsoft will buy them, but it's something to watch for. Nintendo isn't in debt but I heard about when they sold Rare, they were able to break even. Nintendo still has some good money, but only a few Billion.