PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind

ricbritain
12-24-2002, 03:50 PM
Please help. I desperately need a walk through of some kind.

I am completely stuck on Morrowind. I have played the game for some time but have spent the last 6 hours of game play wandering aimlesly. I do not want to give up on this game.

Could someone point me in the direction of a good walk through.

This game is great when there are no snags like this.

PDT816
12-24-2002, 04:43 PM
what are you looking for specifically.

SlightlySycho
12-24-2002, 05:21 PM
OK, keep one thing in mind: for the first couple of levels, the monster spawn rate is pretty small. It may not be the fact that you're stuck, its that you've run out of things to kill.

It's pretty hard to go wrong in Morrowind. Just don't kill rampantly. Just join a guild and follow their quests. Just remember to consult the map that came with the game (presumably; if you rented it, then your probably SOL). That map's a godsend.

Failing all that, this site (http://m0use.net/~uesp/morrow/quest/morquest.shtml) is excellent for walkthroughs. But try to do everything on your own, first. It makes the game much more enjoyable. Once you get your bearings and memorize the terrain, things get alot easier.

EHWfedPres
12-24-2002, 08:15 PM
The best part of Morrowind is wandering around and having fun...i played morrowind for hours nearly every day since i got it and havent even started the main quest. I have a chcrater thats level 112, and 2 more in the 70's. Main quest is boring and stupid and for people with NO imagination.

Neo43770
12-25-2002, 09:10 PM
Join the Mages Guild in Balmora and talk to Ajira

Duke
12-26-2002, 11:27 AM
gamefaqs is also another good source for walkthroughs, but I agree with the whole "do it yourself" sentiment.

There so much to see and do, if you're stuck on a particular thing, go and find some other quests. Reading this almost makes me wish I'd held onto it.

Although I'm not a huge RPG fan, I kept it till I finished (I think) every single quest. This does mean playing it more than once as some will naturally lead to not being able to complete another.

Have fun!!!!

ricbritain
12-26-2002, 06:17 PM
Thanks for the help everyone.

I had three quest requests on the go and couldn't complete any of them. That was my problem. I guess I need to travel more and find some missions that I can complete and then go back over.

Thanks anyway.

EHWfedPres
12-27-2002, 07:29 PM
people who buy Morrowind just to beat the main quest and retards. have fun, after all...thats the whole idea beind video games...i got morrowind the day it came out and did I start the main quest yet...nope.

TheCovenant
12-27-2002, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
people who buy Morrowind just to beat the main quest and retards. have fun, after all...thats the whole idea beind video games...i got morrowind the day it came out and did I start the main quest yet...nope.

so !?!?!?!?

who cares about that?

he needs help and you come in calling people retards?

what the hell is wrong with you?

everywhere i go, you're there flamming someone.

you're a dork, and should be banned. stop flamming and stop insulting people.

GOD!

ricbritain
12-29-2002, 06:24 AM
I wasn't trying to jump ahead and complete, or start the main quest!!!

I am not an expert games player as you probably feel you are. I was simply looking for some help, which I gratefully recieved.

People like you who allow themselves to get irrate over video games should try to lighten up a little. It seems that you spend to much time trying to find people to shoot down in flames for little or no reason at all. Chill out or stop posting.

EHWfedPres
12-29-2002, 02:20 PM
Well if you want help, buy the strategy quide. its like 10 bucks and will tell you nearly everything you ever want to know.

and covenant, I stated my opinion. If you cinsider it flaming (or "flamming", whatever that is...), then thats your problem, but IMO, people that buy a game just to beat it are idiots. If you have a problem with that, dont read my posts. And you are not the only person that wants me banned, but unfortunatley, you hold as much modship power as myself, and nobody cares what you want...and that the truth, not a "flamm".

TheCovenant
12-30-2002, 06:59 AM
Well if you want help, buy the strategy quide. its like 10 bucks and will tell you nearly everything you ever want to know.

and covenant, I stated my opinion. If you cinsider it flaming (or "flamming", whatever that is...), then thats your problem, but IMO, people that buy a game just to beat it are idiots. If you have a problem with that, dont read my posts. And you are not the only person that wants me banned, but unfortunatley, you hold as much modship power as myself, and nobody cares what you want...and that the truth, not a "flamm".

so?

so people who buy it to beat the main quest are idiots.
you don't have to say it.....
you can instead say something intelligent like

"IMO, people who buy the game to beat the main quest, are missing out on much of the game. and the true innovation to bethesdas third installment, is of course the exploring, and the getting of the main quest,"

see?

didn't use "idiot" or "retard" once.and that way, no one will think you're a jerk.

seriously, i feel pity for you. now there are WAY too many people that don't like you.

EHWfedPres
12-30-2002, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by TheCovenant

so?

so people who buy it to beat the main quest are idiots.
you don't have to say it.....
you can instead say something intelligent like

"IMO, people who buy the game to beat the main quest, are missing out on much of the game. and the true innovation to bethesdas third installment, is of course the exploring, and the getting of the main quest,"

see?

didn't use "idiot" or "retard" once.and that way, no one will think you're a jerk.

seriously, i feel pity for you. now there are WAY too many people that don't like you.

Ok then, how's this...

"In mu humble opinion, I feel strongly that those intellictually uninclined cretins that purchase The Elder Scrolls 3 Morrowind for the sole purpose to complete the main quest are indeed missing out on a vast majority of the game, and not to mention a true rpg experience that only a role playing game can truly give you, unlike the action/adventure titles known as Final Fantasy. Therefore, I enthusiastically encourage everyone who covets a opy of Morrowind to explord the world, travel out looking for adventure, and enjoy the game for what it truly is."

There, I did not use idiot, retard, scumbag, dumbass, or bunghole not once...

Anyway, I dont really know of anyone else here that really and reuly hates me, a person that they do not even know. Hate is a strong feeling of angst and hurtfull feelings, and to feel that strongly about a person that you do not even know means that you must have a serious mental condition, either that or an extremely short temper, and you might want to think about getting that resolved.

:)

TheCovenant
12-30-2002, 06:59 PM

Ok then, how's this...

"In mu humble opinion, I feel strongly that those intellictually uninclined cretins that purchase The Elder Scrolls 3 Morrowind for the sole purpose to complete the main quest are indeed missing out on a vast majority of the game, and not to mention a true rpg experience that only a role playing game can truly give you, unlike the action/adventure titles known as Final Fantasy. Therefore, I enthusiastically encourage everyone who covets a opy of Morrowind to explord the world, travel out looking for adventure, and enjoy the game for what it truly is."

There, I did not use idiot, retard, scumbag, dumbass, or bunghole not once...

Anyway, I dont really know of anyone else here that really and reuly hates me, a person that they do not even know. Hate is a strong feeling of angst and hurtfull feelings, and to feel that strongly about a person that you do not even know means that you must have a serious mental condition, either that or an extremely short temper, and you might want to think about getting that resolved.

:)

a single tear rolls down my eye.

hmmm. perhaps hate is too stron a word, just for a mindless rant. okay, i apologize.

however, i would like to cange hate to, annoying. very, very, annoying.

tenchi
01-03-2003, 12:46 PM
dont diss square remember they started rpg's and they will live for ever and they r rpg's you live out thelife of some one if it's less interactive then some so be it but it is still an rpg.
Morrowind yes did not have such a great main story but it wasnt that bad i enjoyed it the only flaw with the game is that they should have allowed you to purchase a means of transportation of any kind the running was so dam annoying.
Halo 2 is GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EHWfedPres
01-03-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by tenchi
dont diss square remember they started rpg's

I hope you are joking...rpg's were around before video games, chief...pen and paper kind, not the linear action games like final fantasy...:rolleyes:

tenchi
01-03-2003, 01:37 PM
yes cause i was talking about the pen and paper kind.

EHWfedPres
01-03-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by tenchi
yes cause i was talking about the pen and paper kind.

that made no sence at all...

tenchi
01-04-2003, 12:08 AM
i know just havin fun buildin up the posts and you gotta love that your gettin alot argueing with me.

Gotenks7233
01-14-2003, 10:52 AM
Morrowind was a great game, but after i completed all the quests and my characters got so powerful, there was no challenge left in the game.

EHWfedPres
01-14-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Gotenks7233
Morrowind was a great game, but after i completed all the quests and my characters got so powerful, there was no challenge left in the game.

Then start a new character. :)

Thats one big problem about morrowind...lack of really powerful monsters.

tenchi
01-15-2003, 06:06 PM
starting a new character is a good idea i want to have a powerful thief, wizard, and warrior. I only have a powerful warrior but he is badass in all i just need to cheat to fill my magic i hate to do it but its necessary i love spells.