PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Extended Warantee

The.Prophet
12-24-2002, 11:42 PM
Hello.
I sent out my extended $50 warantee when I first got my xbox about 2 months ago. I still haven't recieved anything. How long does it take to process or whatever and who can I call in regards to this.. Thank you.

Richie

ARONO129
12-25-2002, 01:37 AM
Call 1-800-4-MY-XBOX. Hope this helps.

ShannonX
12-25-2002, 10:27 AM
not quite sure i understand you. You got the warrenty from Microsoft? Or did you get it from a place like Best Buy, etc... Normaly, it should take that long, and if you got it from best buy, you should have it as soon as you buy the product.

wweomaniac
12-25-2002, 10:45 AM
yeah buying it from a store sure beats buying it from Microsoft. I got mine from Future Shop and all I have to do is bring it back to the store for an exchange (i get a new one) if my other one breaks.

sandeep
12-26-2002, 02:42 AM
sorry to go off the original topic here, but this got me wondering,

i chose not to buy the extended warrantee when i bought my xbox, but how long is the xbox warranteed for on it's own?

also how long after i bought the unit can i purcase the extended warrantee? i bought it early november, so it's about 2 months now.

all the things i've been hearing about bad dvd drives and whatnot got me worried. plus, the fact that there's a harddrive in there, and my experiece with HDD's dieing (which isn't really uncommon) is making me thing i should have gotten the extended warrantee.

Cloud Strife
12-26-2002, 07:52 AM
I thought the extended warranty was $25 for your first year and $50 for your second. That's what they told me over the phone. I probably buy a new Xbox next year anyway.;)

GokuX
12-26-2002, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by The.Prophet
Hello.
I sent out my extended $50 warantee when I first got my xbox about 2 months ago. I still haven't recieved anything. How long does it take to process or whatever and who can I call in regards to this.. Thank you.

Richie

It takes a while so I wouldn't be concerned. My confirmation took several months.

ShannonX
12-26-2002, 11:56 AM
the extended warrenty from best buy is like $49 for 2 years from purchase. Normal xbox has like 90 day or something. Dunno, never checked into the actual warrenty, and i wouldn't use MS's warrenty anyways, not when i can run down to best buy and get a completely new system.

ARONO129
12-26-2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by sandeep
sorry to go off the original topic here, but this got me wondering,

i chose not to buy the extended warrantee when i bought my xbox, but how long is the xbox warranteed for on it's own?

also how long after i bought the unit can i purcase the extended warrantee? i bought it early november, so it's about 2 months now.

all the things i've been hearing about bad dvd drives and whatnot got me worried. plus, the fact that there's a harddrive in there, and my experiece with HDD's dieing (which isn't really uncommon) is making me thing i should have gotten the extended warrantee.

I bought my warranty one month and one day later from a computer store. My advice is call the store and ask how long you have after your purchase to buy the extended warranty. My guess is within the 3 month warranty period but you should call the store.

sandeep
12-27-2002, 01:21 AM
^ good idea, i bought mine from an EB, so i'll just drop in the next time im around and ask.