View Full Version : Fable update !!!

Shadow20002
12-25-2002, 02:42 PM
Check this out:

http://boards.bigbluebox.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2654

:cool: ;) :eek:

speedbuggy76
12-25-2002, 03:56 PM
WOW!! This game will rule the RPG category for a while. Too bad this isn't in the US OXM.:(

Slacker
12-25-2002, 04:11 PM
That game looks better than Doom !!! in someways, everytime I hear something new on this game it only gets better, this game should sell a few million Xbox's

wweomaniac
12-25-2002, 05:15 PM
k... I got a question, and this thought never came up ever (though I have been anticipating this game for so long).

Is Fable third person or first person?

I honestly hope its third, but the pictures aren't really in game pics.

# 1 Stunner
12-25-2002, 06:20 PM
hopefullly this comes out soon and hopefully on xbl.....i think it would change my life around can u imagine this game online?it would be awesome..

EHWfedPres
12-25-2002, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
k... I got a question, and this thought never came up ever (though I have been anticipating this game for so long).

i asked that question about 8 times already and still never got an answer...but id like one. :(

hopefully its both...like Morrowind, the reigning undesputed king or rpg.s

MerimacHamwich
12-25-2002, 06:34 PM
IT WILL BE ONLINE! I don't know how many times I have said that. However, the online element has not been anounced by the developers. It may just be downloadable stuff. It may be a duel mode or something. Or it may be a Massively Multiplayer Online RPG.

WWE, those are the ingame graphics. I also believe it was said that there will be an option for third or first person. Just cruise around those boards for like half an hour. You will find out more information than you could ever believe. my little brother frequents the boards so I just hear about everything from him.

Remember, the developers of the game are the moderators. They even ask for feedback sometimes.

Unreal
12-25-2002, 10:50 PM
I am really looking forward to this game. Let's hope for some reason the game gets pushed up to Christmas 2003 ;)

SPARTAN VI
12-25-2002, 11:07 PM
I'm goin to slap a downpayment on Fable the next time I go to EB. But i was goin to do that anyway.:D

Bigwig
12-25-2002, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac

some of the pics are in game and you can see that its a third person POV

shrew king
12-25-2002, 11:37 PM
What is the big deal with this game? I have heard all of these people saying it will revolutionize RPG's, is there a link that shows all the aspects of it, and what is gonna make it so great? I have barely heard anything about the game.

SPARTAN VI
12-26-2002, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by shrew king
What is the big deal with this game? I have heard all of these people saying it will revolutionize RPG's, is there a link that shows all the aspects of it, and what is gonna make it so great? I have barely heard anything about the game.

Too much to explain in one post why this game will be great. Read up on Fable anywhere you can, maybe an older OXM or you might find an article at IGN. The fact that LionHead Studios(developers of the award wininning PC game, Black & White) is behind this only increases Fables hype. (for the people that know the name LionHead Studios, at least)

Lemme see if I can find ya a link ShrewKing.:)

SPARTAN VI
12-26-2002, 12:53 AM
Here, its kinda outdated seeing they still have Fable as Project Ego. But, it still has some of the info as to why its revolutionary.

http://www.lionhead.com/index2.html

Cloud Strife
12-26-2002, 07:54 AM
I've been keeping an eye out on this title for a long time so I should be getting it. If it comes out in 2004, that will be okay because I have several videogames to buy in 2003 anyway.;)

MerimacHamwich
12-26-2002, 01:01 PM
Here (www.bigbluebox.co.uk) . Seems like everyone ignores me...

Bigwig
12-26-2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

i asked that question about 8 times already and still never got an answer...but id like one. :(

hopefully its both...like Morrowind, the reigning undesputed king or rpg.s

There wont be multiplayer but Fable 2 for Xbox 2 will be a MMORPG

AlBoogy
12-26-2002, 04:02 PM
Anyone want to bet that this title wont even make it out this year.? I hope Im wrong though.

wweomaniac, love the sig! Did you make it yourself? I had a canes sig to but the person that was hosting the pic for me closed down the site.

wweomaniac
12-26-2002, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by AlBoogy
wweomaniac, love the sig! Did you make it yourself? I had a canes sig to but the person that was hosting the pic for me closed down the site. Alboogy! I totally remember you. You were the other canes fan.

and btw... yes I made the sig. And am awaiting the 3rd (if im correct).

AlBoogy
12-26-2002, 04:24 PM
Awaiting the 3rd what?

SPARTAN VI
12-26-2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Here (www.bigbluebox.co.uk) . Seems like everyone ignores me...

I HEAR YA BUDDY!:)

Cloud Strife
12-26-2002, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by SPARTAN VI

I HEAR YA BUDDY!:) So does the Burning Ranger.:)

Dre
12-26-2002, 05:38 PM
1. All those pics are "in-game". There are no big extravagant cutscenes in Fable, you will always be a part of the cutscene. The graphics engine is incredible, people have to quit thinking that pics they see for Xbox games can't possibly be in game... cuz the slew of next gen Xbox games will all look like this. Amazing isn't it? :)

2. 3rd person POV only. Been said that the combat with a sword (or whatever you wanna fight with) would be way to complicated and hard in 1st person view. And they didn't wanna spend the time to put a 1st person pov, they rather spend resources elsewhere. A very good decision on my account. Also, if it was 1st pov, you wouldn't really be able to admire all the changes your character will go through as he evolves to your playing style.

3. The online element was never reported by the devs themselves. It was something that OXM wrote (takes them to do something so dumb), but no dev's have confirmed or even mentioned the online component.