PDA

View Full Version : What type of input is the best?

XBox4Life
11-22-2001, 10:14 AM
Sorry if this question has been gone over hundreds of times, I need to know what would provide the best picture quality and see if my TV supports it.

Thanks! :D

Chaotic
11-22-2001, 01:09 PM
1080 HDTV

Or S/Video if you dont have HDTV

XBox4Life
11-22-2001, 02:06 PM
does the S/video cable come with the XBox or will I have to buy one of those advanced packs?

gtaplayer
11-22-2001, 02:33 PM
whats hdtv??

and does the xbox come with those red yellow and white cables????

and if they do which are better to put them in the vcr or television?

thanx

Chaotic
11-22-2001, 02:58 PM
XBox4Life : If you want to use S/Video and Dolby Digital you will have to buy the Advanced AV Pak. S/Video cable comes with the AV Pak.

If you want to use HDTV (High Definition Television) you have to get the HDTV Pak. You need an HDTV to use this feature.

gtaplayer : Yes the Xbox comes with the Analog R/W/Y cables

(Rca Style) Either the TV or VCR works just fine.

gtaplayer
11-22-2001, 03:15 PM
what if you dont have hdtv, does the xbox run poorly, or the graphics rate is not up to 125 million polygons per sec????

And is there a way u can hook up a stero system to the tv so when u play dvds, the sound can be reall good or no??
cuz i have a 350 watt bandpass jvc subwoofer system and i wanna hook it up 2 my tv so when i play xbox the sound can be awesome...is that possible???

Thanks Again

Hugh_Jass
11-22-2001, 03:59 PM
You don't want to hook the XBox up through your VCR if you intend to use it to watch DVD movies. Macrovision will likely distort the picture.

If you don't have an HDTV don't get the HDTV AV pack. The XBox will run just fine with any TV. Get the Advanced AV Pack if you don't have an HDTV but do have an S-Video input.

Most of the time you don't run your TV audio out to your stereo. Hook the audio cables from your XBox to the stereo. I ended up having to use my own cables because my receiver doesn't have video inputs and the MS cable has them all bundled together.

shoulda2
11-23-2001, 06:19 AM
To get the best possible picture you will need to get ahold of some third party monster cable component video cables....