PDA

View Full Version : Halo or Oddworld: Munchs Oddesy?

wheatus-frog-uk
11-22-2001, 11:00 AM
Ok, im in uk, and its like near definate that i can get an XBox,
well i definatly want PGR (coz i love racers)
but i dunno what other, i got it down to Halo and Oddworld

Whats better?

Oddworld

or

Halo

thanks

dan

Allyson
11-22-2001, 11:14 AM
We got the Xbox last week when they came out. My son and I have been playing Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee non STOP!

The graphics, layout, and sounds are brilliant. The Characters and puzzles to solve are challenging and most of all GREAT FUN.

I know that this game will be dear in the UK. But It is WORTH every cent!!!

Halo, is also another super game. The graphics and fire power are better than any other platform to date.

If you like racing and shoot 'em ups, may I suggest a couple of games. Arctic Thunder and Mad Dash Racing.

Arctic Thunder is a cross between snow mobile racing/James Bond/Snowboarders. There is much action to be had here. You can just race, or race and deface your opponent(s).

Mad Dash Racing is wonderful. My 9 year old likes this game. I do too! But the one downside to this game is that you MUST use split screen with more than one player. So unless you have at least a 35 inch TV screen, you lose out on the scenic experience, in my opinion. We have a 62" HDTV and the split screen annoys us. It would have been more savvy to allow simultaneous play. But having said that, this game was worth my money!

Hope this helps in your decision buying? Good Luck and Happy Gaming!

zanner
11-22-2001, 11:28 AM
Halo, by far- it has alot of depth and is a splendid first person shooter with MANY multiplayer games to play. So you get a very good single-player first person shooter (with badass vehicles i might add) plus multiplayer modes that support 4 players in deathmatch, capture the flag, racing, and MANY more. So i'd have to say Halo, it's a whole lot of bang for the buck plus will be really great fun with 3 other friends.

wheatus-frog-uk
11-22-2001, 11:33 AM
Also, these would be my only games for a fair while, so i need them to be kinda long *thats y i like racers, coz u can keep going back to then*

I have heard Oddworld is short, so i dunno if this would be good for me, but i have alos heard Halo is easy, so this could be completed quickly and bad, but then this has difficulty setting?

so if u can help, can u bear these points in mind plz

thanks

dan

xboxlover
11-22-2001, 01:43 PM
Hey Dan i is from uk to, anywayz halo is the game to get cuase it has a crackin story an spot on graphics,gameplay an sound an also has a lot of replay value.

Hugh_Jass
11-22-2001, 03:52 PM
Oddworld gets my vote. Halo is just too hard to control, IMHO.

Mark7305
11-23-2001, 07:54 AM
One word: HALO. Man, that game is AWESOME!!!!! The great detail to the world, many vehicles, and alot of weapons will keep me playing this game again and again! I just beat it 2 days ago and now I'm trying heroic difficulty. Oh, and if you get it, get a friend or sibling in on the fun, two people playing is ALOT of fun!

On the other hand, I also have Oddworld. The graphics on this game is also stunning. There are alot of puzzles to solve. Its more of a thinking game than just going out and mowing some aliens on a planet like Halo is. I like Oddworld too, but for me it kinda looks to me like it as designed for kids, not for a serious gamer. So, if I were to choose one, it would be HALO!!!!

Plewis
11-23-2001, 11:00 PM
Ok, the day i bought the XBox, I rented two games, Halo, and Oddworld Munchs Oddesee. I played Halo for awhile, then I tried Oddworld. Oddworld reminded me of all the overused Banjo and Kazooie overused, strategy, comedy. Halo reminded me of Goldeneye, but tons better graphics, story, strategy, and EVERYTHING. So after the games were due back I went out and bought Halo, but not Oddworld. They are totally different games for totally different people. So if you like shoot 'em up games go with Halo, but if you like cartoon comedy strategy go with OMO.

Frostberg
11-24-2001, 10:22 PM
get both...they are both very fun to play and im sure you wont be dissapointed

teXman
11-24-2001, 10:32 PM
Everyone needs the joy of sticking a plasma grenade onto a grunt and watching him run into a crowd of Covenant....Halo