PDA

View Full Version : Blockbuster how sad are they ?

Insane Jester
12-25-2002, 08:16 PM
Ive been reading the post's lately on here about blockbuster being very biast against the xbox.. my local blockbuster have alot of xbox games to rent and whenever ive rented them they have all worked fine ... also when ive asked a staff member if a certain game is anygood they have replied in such ways "yeah it a good game" "well i didnt like it" and so on and so on .. BUT ... I have seen 4 t.v adverts in u.k that have been promoting there rent 3 and pay for only 2 promotion .. it starts with a voice saying "u want the latest in video dvd and games la la la la boring bit la la" and although all 4 ads have been for differnt films and games its been 3 films and 1 game .. oh and the one game has always been a PS2 game and when they show the game they repeat that its a ps2 game ... no mention of the xbox .... so now i do think there is some sort of PS2 / Blockbuster promotion thing going on here ... i know it sounds a little so what ,, but i dont think its fair to push one console when they rent games for other console's ... i have started a i hate blockbuster's because .... e-mail .. i will be mailing them everyday until i see a xbox advert... hehehe i have way to much time on my hands ... oh and merry x-mas all ...

Liquid Gears
12-25-2002, 08:24 PM
Insane Jester, eh? Jester is my nickname

Sangha
12-25-2002, 10:00 PM
Who cares?

Whats the difference if they put an XBox game in the commericial?

Too many people whine about stupid, unimportant things.

Use your free time to do something useful.

Cloud Strife
12-26-2002, 07:58 AM
I've heard somewhere a while ago the Blockbuster and Sony do have a deal about the amount of games they distribute to Blockbuster.

Leviathon
12-26-2002, 09:41 AM
My Blockbuster Sucks.

They have a ton of PS2 games compared to Xbox. They take forever to get in new releases, and some they still do not have. And when they get the games, they don't have enough. They got a total of 3 UC, 4 GR, 4 SC. Then they bought like 8 copies of this "SAM" game that I have no clue what it is about. Looks like UC knock off or something.....

:mad:

SpeedBall
12-26-2002, 12:39 PM
My local BlockBuster carries about the same amount of games for PS2 and Xbox. Gamecube is the one they dont carry much of at all.

RadRider
12-27-2002, 01:35 AM
Blockbuster, Walmart, Zellers, you name it and they have a deal going with Sony. It doesn't really matter though, since 'PS2' is synonymous with videogames now, so if a parent hears 'PS2', they'll just think videogames naturally, and know that it also implies the Xbox and GameCube.

I hate Blockbuster becase twice now they've charged me late fees even though I returned the games early. I'm talking about walking in the day before they're due, handing them into a clerk, then going home and being called a week later to be told that I still have the games. It's ludicrous.

Cloud Strife
12-27-2002, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by RadRider
Blockbuster, Walmart, Zellers, you name it and they have a deal going with Sony. It doesn't really matter though, since 'PS2' is synonymous with videogames now, so if a parent hears 'PS2', they'll just think videogames naturally, and know that it also implies the Xbox and GameCube.

I hate Blockbuster becase twice now they've charged me late fees even though I returned the games early. I'm talking about walking in the day before they're due, handing them into a clerk, then going home and being called a week later to be told that I still have the games. It's ludicrous. Wal-Mart must have some deal with Sony. At my local Wal-Mart, all of the Playstation 2 games available are on the shelves. Half of their Xbox games are on the shelves and none of their Gamecube games are on the shelves.

Xbox Owner
12-28-2002, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Leviathon
My Blockbuster Sucks.

They have a ton of PS2 games compared to Xbox. They take forever to get in new releases, and some they still do not have. And when they get the games, they don't have enough. They got a total of 3 UC, 4 GR, 4 SC. Then they bought like 8 copies of this "SAM" game that I have no clue what it is about. Looks like UC knock off or something.....

:mad:

Yeah...same here.

scull
12-28-2002, 01:20 PM
u gutta remember that the xbox is in early days, the ps2 has been out a while & has a much more variety of games (though most are cr@p!) in time the xbox will have a healthy amount of games & will start to shine but until then places like blockbuster will continue to favour the console that brings them more coin.

RadRider
12-28-2002, 04:47 PM
When the xbox was first announced, Blockbuster refused to carry it at all, same as they did with the Dreamcast. Eventually they came around and started to carry it's products, but this just demonstrates the amount of support you can expect from Blockbuster.

nicklovesxbox
12-28-2002, 05:43 PM
Blockbuster is full of ****. I hate them. With there little 2 day rental ****...those suck.

Arrix
12-28-2002, 06:34 PM
Leviathon, you think ur blockbuster is said? The blockbuster i go to has only 1 copy of UC, 1 copy of GR, and 1 copy of SC. But about 3-5 copys of PS2 games. :(

shrew king
12-28-2002, 08:02 PM
Blockbuster is alright in my area, i hear that they won't support a game that they expect most people to just buy. i can never find a lot of good games that i want, i still havent played Hunter, Deathrow, and a lot of others. other than a couple other games i think Blockbuster is decent.

FuNkY mOnK
12-28-2002, 08:28 PM
one thing interesting about this thread is that i noticed alot of cool names in one gathering, including mine.

No Fear 23
12-28-2002, 09:23 PM
man, if them blockbuster ppl dosent statisfy me, im gonna put a tampon in the game case that says pso2 sucks :)

o well

my blockbuster sucks, so does iggle video at giant eagle, i like hollywood the best bc they have equal amount of xbox games with ps2 games

Xbox Owner
12-28-2002, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by nicklovesxbox
Blockbuster is full of ****. I hate them. With there little 2 day rental ****...those suck.

Huh? My blockbuster had a five day, then moved up to a whole week rental..? Is anyone else's like this?