PDA

View Full Version : UFC Fighting Game.

TRIGGAH
11-22-2001, 11:14 AM
What's up y'all, I got a question.
Have anyone of you saw or played that UFC fighting game that's supposed to come out on the XBOX? That game looks phat, I personally train in Muay Thai so I expect there will be some ThaiBoxing involved, can anyone of you GIMME MORE details?

l Maximus l
11-26-2001, 03:29 PM
I haven't seen this game in action yet, but, I am proud to tell you that I have a personal friend that is going to be an actual character on it! His name is Jens Pulver, the current UFC lightweight champion :D No joke! :)

dronezero
11-26-2001, 08:58 PM
I played the DC version. The game is awsome. It is different from anyother fighting game in that there is grappling and ground fighting. It looks preety cool to because you can do counter after counter. This is a thinking man's fighting game.

smack119
12-15-2001, 04:04 AM
hey maximus i know what you mean i was just checking out the roster on craves site and saw mark kerr is in it.... my highschool wrestling coach was good friends with him, he came ot my school to do a wrestling and UF clinic. i actually wrestled him( well he basically kicked my ass) but it still think it will be sweet to play the game with friends and go see that guy there..... ive actually wrestled him!

l Maximus l
12-21-2001, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by smack119
hey maximus i know what you mean i was just checking out the roster on craves site and saw mark kerr is in it.... my highschool wrestling coach was good friends with him, he came ot my school to do a wrestling and UF clinic. i actually wrestled him( well he basically kicked my ass) but it still think it will be sweet to play the game with friends and go see that guy there..... ive actually wrestled him!

Dude, Smack...that's killer! If this game is on-line, then, maybe I could be Jenz Pulver, my buddy, and you can be Mark Kerr and we could dook it out! :D

Woocifer
12-26-2001, 11:11 AM
Uh I dunno about you guys, but I played UFC for the DC and got bored within the hour because I figured out the grappling moves. UFC has gone down lately to simple grappling and submission battles that last far too long. I remember a while ago when it used to be action packed...now its just lie down on a guy and mash his neck. Why would I want Sim Mash His Neck on my Xbox?hahaha Anyway I'd be more interested if the fighting techniques were actually worth playing but even in the UFC matches it just seems that Tae Kwon Do or Hapkido* or any fighting techniques just lose to the grappling fighter...Sim Tackle A Guy And Mash His Neck will be the same as it's counter part for the DC Sim Grab A Guy And Mash His Neck. Game concept is amazing, I just wish they would create a better system of fighting techniques. Maybe even a different game. I don't know...I'm just sick of the same fall down and rabbit punch fighting. Where's the style?

GamerSince'76
12-30-2001, 07:25 PM
There have been so many delays with this game and now the forum at the Crave site is down for two days. Has this game been cancelled???:mad:

Cottrau
12-31-2001, 12:05 PM
no. The game will be out on January 8th. And i will be one of it's proud owners :)

xbox own$ j00.

DT21
12-31-2001, 12:50 PM
Anyone know what type of game modes are in the game?

mattcoxonline
12-31-2001, 01:13 PM
Here's some useful information on UFC Tapout - I wrote it myself!

Click here (http://www.360net.com/content/news/index.php)

- Matt Cox
- Xbox | 360
- European Correspondent

Cottrau
01-01-2002, 04:20 PM
a specific link please?

xbox own$ j00.

JAC
01-01-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
I haven't seen this game in action yet, but, I am proud to tell you that I have a personal friend that is going to be an actual character on it! His name is Jens Pulver, the current UFC lightweight champion :D No joke! :)

Max you know Lil Evil? ****, that's cool. I've seen a lot of the UFC shows and I enjoyed watching him kick ass. He did some amazing stuff, that knockout punch, the 2 times that he reversed a rear naked choke, etc. Nice. How do you know him, school or something? Ever get to see him anymore? Ever seen him train?

mattcoxonline
01-02-2002, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Cottrau
a specific link please?

Here's some useful information on UFC Tapout - I wrote it myself!

http://www.360net.com/content/news/view.php?news[id]=112

- Matt Cox
- Xbox | 360
- European Correspondent

JAC
01-04-2002, 02:12 PM
Looks like it's been pushed again, this time to Jan 16th.

Here's some good screenies of it though...

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/product.asp?pf_id=209937