PDA

View Full Version : "Crimson Sea" ---> My initial impressions

Cannibal Corpse
12-26-2002, 02:01 AM
Hi All,

OK, the concept is not ground breaking, nor the story. But here are my impressions:

Story: B

Graphics: A-

Great character models, hampered by VERY LOW environmental textures, and a "washed out" overall feel to the universe.

Camera: C-

You get to control a 180 degree FOV (Field of View) which often times leads to frustration, since you can't really see what is happennig on either left or right periphery field.

a true, 360, free roaming camera would be a great improvement.

Total: B+

I hope this helps those who are about to get this game.

Cloud Strife
12-26-2002, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Cannibal Corpse
Hi All,

OK, the concept is not ground breaking, nor the story. But here are my impressions:

Story: B

Graphics: A-

Great character models, hampered by VERY LOW environmental textures, and a "washed out" overall feel to the universe.

Camera: C-

You get to control a 180 degree FOV (Field of View) which often times leads to frustration, since you can't really see what is happennig on either left or right periphery field.

a true, 360, free roaming camera would be a great improvement.

Total: B+

I hope this helps those who are about to get this game. I already saw your review on Xengen. I told you that I see you just about everywhere saying negative things about Xbox, but luckily you have stopped.;) I been looking at getting Crimson Sea, but I have to buy Panzer Dragoon Orta first because that was one of the main reasons I purchased Xbox.

I am T C from Xengen. I usually post here though. Cya around.:)