PDA

View Full Version : Need advice quick (about to use gift certificates)

AlBoogy
12-26-2002, 08:53 AM
To anyone who remembers me, hello and its been a long time hope everything is well. For Christmas I got 140 bucks worth of gift certificates for best buy and Im having trouble deciding what I want to get. My choices are,,,,,
Ghost Recon, 007 Nightfire,MechAssault, Maybe a Gamecube? Any other reccomendations? I have Unreal,Halo, PGR, ncaa football 2003, NFL2K3, Shenmue2 Thanx to anyone who responds

No Fear 23
12-26-2002, 09:17 AM
hey man, whats up? where the hell ya been? welcom back

wierd, miami is my 2nd fav. college team, next to the gators :)
i know miami will kill the buckeyes in the championship

neway, you should get ghost recon, well, mechassualt? i didnt like it so i took it back for UC.

you should def. get Splinter Cell, its the best game out now and i have it and i am enjoyin it alot. the game is almost as good as halo.
so Splinter cell should be the 1st game u should get, then ghost recon. :)

hope that helps. if u dont have live, get that too along with those 2 games

wbio
12-26-2002, 09:30 AM
well, since you have live, I would say definetly get MechAssault, I haven't played Ghost recon yet so I don't know about that. I also think that a gamecube would be a pretty good choice because of metroid prime and a couple other games.

AlBoogy
12-26-2002, 10:02 AM
Thanx for the welcome back, I just have been real casual with posting. More reading then anything else. I appreciate the advice. Im still unsure but Im probably leaning more towards Ghost Recon. Im getting Splinter cell later cause i have a hookup at gamestop. Im a gamer so its hard for me to use that 140 on something then another system. Thats whats making the decision difficult. Thanx again for your help.

AlBoogy
12-26-2002, 10:03 AM
BTW, its impossible to like the canes and gators at the same time. LOL. That is blasphemy!

Duke
12-26-2002, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by AlBoogy
BTW, its impossible to like the canes and gators at the same time. LOL. That is blasphemy!

Took the words right out of my mouth. Of course I'm a Cal fan with a minor interest in the Vols, so I hate 'em both.

Anyway, since you have XBL, I would recommend that you get GR. Check out the posts about it though, not everyone likes it.

For me, I'd have to say it's hands down my favorite current XBL title.

Dark Enemy
12-26-2002, 10:48 AM
Get Ghost recon, mechassault and splinter cell:cool:

Btw welcome back bro:)

VeNoMiZA
12-26-2002, 11:51 AM
MIAMI RULEZZZ

Ninja Scroll
12-26-2002, 12:44 PM
Thanx for the welcome back, I just have been real casual with posting. More reading then anything else. I appreciate the advice. Im still unsure but Im probably leaning more towards Ghost Recon. Im getting Splinter cell later cause i have a hookup at gamestop. Im a gamer so its hard for me to use that 140 on something then another system. Thats whats making the decision difficult. Thanx again for your help.

Welcome back AlBoogy!:)

I know you remember me!:cool:
Im still runnin dis joint like da Pimp you remember from back in da dayz!
Tell me, are you just visiting or are you back for good?

As for recommendations: I would say NBA2K3, Splinter Cell, & MGS2: Substance ( the VR Missions, Alternatives, Snake Tales, ect. make this game more than just it's story mode with that's g.ay Raiden dude) are what I would recommend.
Ya got Dead To Rights? Dat game is awesome! Just lame PoS2 graphics though.
Oh, and Ghost Recon is not for everybody yo. I got it and I think it's boring as hell.

Originally posted by VeNoMiZA
MIAMI RULEZZZ

HELL YEAH BOOOOOOY!!!
MIAMI (of ohio) RULEZZZZZZZZ! NAW MEAN!?

:D

No Fear 23
12-26-2002, 02:02 PM
GATORS rulles!!

naw mean ya f00s??

lol

then Miami (of florida) RULES!

Zion
12-26-2002, 02:40 PM
Ghost Recon is just incredible. You HAVE to get it.

Cloud Strife
12-26-2002, 03:02 PM
I'd say MechAssault and Ghost Reacon. It can be hard to support another system sometimes.

OuFtb
12-26-2002, 03:07 PM
I like the Oklahoma Sonners, but you were talking about how great Miami is (they are good) well I saw somthing intresting a couple of days ago, It said that if Miami win the National Cham. then goes on and whens the rest of there games the next year and Oklahoma makes it to the National Champiship game that, it would be OU versus Miami not only for the NC, but also would be the same time Miami could break Oklahomas old record for longest winning streak, I just thought that was intresting the team how has the longest win streak trying to pertect it from being brock, and trying for the National Champ. all in the same game. It probably won't happen but it would be cool.

AlBoogy
12-26-2002, 03:20 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
[B]

Welcome back AlBoogy!:)

I know you remember me!:cool:
Im still runnin dis joint like da Pimp you remember from back in da dayz!
Tell me, are you just visiting or are you back for good?

As for recommendations: I would say NBA2K3, Splinter Cell, & MGS2: Substance ( the VR Missions, Alternatives, Snake Tales, ect. make this game more than just it's story mode with that's g.ay Raiden dude) are what I would recommend.
Ya got Dead To Rights? Dat game is awesome! Just lame PoS2 graphics though.
Oh, and Ghost Recon is not for everybody yo. I got it and I think it's boring as hell.

Of course I remember you! I remember the ol "You arent the official Ninja of XBA" thread lol. Ill most likely post a little bit more now. But probably not enough to be well recognized around here exept for the old school people like you and some of the mods. Why do you think Ghost Recon is boring? Everyone around here seems to love it. I did end up getting it but I haven't opened it so it could still go back. I dont like basing my opinions on reviews. Id rather get opinions from real gamers. So let me know why you think its boring.

ShannonX
12-26-2002, 03:31 PM
it was decent (ghost recon) i didn't buy it though, just rented it. I enjoyed it somewhat, but i couldn't stand the single player games, only cared about multiplayer, so i decided against buying it.

AlBoogy
12-26-2002, 03:59 PM
Hey Shannon thanx for the Opinion. I didnt know you were still around here.

Anyway, maybe some of you that have GR can set a time or something to meet up and play. Maybe show me the ropes and the goodies of the game. Just let me know.

Ninja Scroll
12-26-2002, 05:56 PM
Hey Shannon thanx for the Opinion. I didnt know you were still around here.

Anyway, maybe some of you that have GR can set a time or something to meet up and play. Maybe show me the ropes and the goodies of the game. Just let me know.

Yo Boogy!

I think it's boring cause it trying to be too realistic.
It depends on what kind of games your into.
For a FPS I like more action instead of running around falling asleep to a game with no music, choppy graphics, lame menu screen, an overall straight PC port.

It just depends on your taste. I think myself and (from what some have told me) waximus are the only XBA peeps who dont care for this game.

You said you on LIVE right? Well add all of us to your Friends list!
What else XBL titles do you own?
I think you said NFL2K3, right. If so im willing to brake you in with that game!;)

AlBoogy
12-26-2002, 06:44 PM
Youre on buddy. As soon as I get it back I will be sure to play you. As far as another game I have UC. I wouldnt mind teaming up with other xba members and play CTF. Lately it seems like alot of people arent talking and Id like to play with some familiar people that talk often.

Ninja Scroll
12-27-2002, 09:54 AM
Youre on buddy. As soon as I get it back I will be sure to play you. As far as another game I have UC. I wouldnt mind teaming up with other xba members and play CTF. Lately it seems like alot of people arent talking and Id like to play with some familiar people that talk often.

CTF!? :eek: That's almost as boring as GR!:o

Only game I play in UC is DeathMatches! Just ask Waximus, I slaughtered him with Head Shots over & over! It was classic!
Too bad I aint played dat game ever since then,... which was what,.... about 3 weeks ago!:eek:

As for peeps chatting, I will be honest with ya, no one trash talks more than me, but sometimes I dont feel like chattin.
Dont take it as someone is offending ya. Just some peeps dont wanna talk all the time.:)

AlBoogy
12-27-2002, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

CTF!? :eek: That's almost as boring as GR!:o

Only game I play in UC is DeathMatches! Just ask Waximus, I slaughtered him with Head Shots over & over! It was classic!
Too bad I aint played dat game ever since then,... which was what,.... about 3 weeks ago!:eek:

As for peeps chatting, I will be honest with ya, no one trash talks more than me, but sometimes I dont feel like chattin.
Dont take it as someone is offending ya. Just some peeps dont wanna talk all the time.:)

I think I played Maximus once online. I asked him if that was him and he said yes but whatever.I definitely hear ya on the chatting part. Ill put you on my buddy list for live and hopefully i can catch you on sometime.

I just want to say that i gave ghost recon a run through and I must say I am extremely impressed! Thanx to everyone that suggested it. I think this will be my Phantasy Star Online for XBox. I couldnt put the controller down for that game.

shrew king
12-28-2002, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

Yo Boogy!

I think it's boring cause it trying to be too realistic.
It depends on what kind of games your into.
For a FPS I like more action instead of running around falling asleep to a game with no music, choppy graphics, lame menu screen, an overall straight PC port.

It just depends on your taste. I think myself and (from what some have told me) waximus are the only XBA peeps who dont care for this game.

You said you on LIVE right? Well add all of us to your Friends list!
What else XBL titles do you own?
I think you said NFL2K3, right. If so im willing to brake you in with that game!;)

i agree with you on GR, that game is horrible, for all of the above mentioned reasons.