PDA

View Full Version : I need some opinions!

Viper87227
12-26-2002, 09:29 AM
I have around $260 is cash and Circuit City gift cards from the holidays, but I dont know for sure what i want to get with it. At first I was thinking get pS2 games, but then the thought of X-box ran through my mind. I could get around 4 - 8 PS2 games depending on there prices, or I could get the Xbox, Controller S, JSRF/Sega GT 2002 bundle, along with either Rallisport Challange or Amped, and Jedi Outcast.

I asked this question on a PS2 board and strangly enough most of them said get the Box, but I still neep more opinions as this is a major purchase that I don't want to regret.

Also, if it helps I have 25 games for my PS2, and the modem so I dont care about X-Box live, and i'm not just buying X-box because I can, ive made up a list of about 50 games that are out or soon to be released that I would like to see myself aquire in good time.

Wel;l thats all i have to say, let the opinions roll.

Highlite23
12-26-2002, 09:47 AM
Viper, i would go with the XBOX bundle, $200 for the system and 2 decent games is a pretty sweet deal.

And unless your running your PS2 via Broadband, I wouldn't discount XBL.

System and 2 games $200
XBL with 3 games 50 (Includes 1 yr. sub.)

Total: $250 for an endless amount of fun.

Good luck on your choice.;)

ARONO129
12-26-2002, 09:53 AM
Having owned all three consoles I can honestly say the the Xbox bundle is the way to go. The Xbox graphics are amazing and there are many games to choose from with tons on the way. You can't go wrong with the Xbox.

Viper87227
12-26-2002, 10:01 AM
XBL with 3 games 50 (Includes 1 yr. sub

Broadband isnt available in my area till 2004, and by then Ill be to busy saving for PS3 to worry about X-Box Live. I play 56k on my PS2, and thats the one reason why I think PS2 has the better online, even if I cant play socom :mad:

I think I am going to go with the X-Box tho, it just feels like the thing to do.

Dark Enemy
12-26-2002, 10:20 AM
WHAT are u talking about man:mad: GEt the xbox of course;)

Zion
12-26-2002, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Viper87227

Broadband isnt available in my area till 2004, and by then Ill be to busy saving for PS3 to worry about X-Box Live. I play 56k on my PS2, and thats the one reason why I think PS2 has the better online, even if I cant play socom :mad:

I think I am going to go with the X-Box tho, it just feels like the thing to do.

PS2 has the better online because it's 56k??

Uhhhh...........I have no comment.

Get the Xbox bundle. You won't even turn your PS2 on once you get it.

AlBoogy
12-26-2002, 03:33 PM
Anyone else look at this thread skeptically?

Insane Jester
12-26-2002, 03:34 PM
THE BOX IS WHAT U NEED ...

Viper87227
12-26-2002, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Zion

PS2 has the better online because it's 56k??

Uhhhh...........I have no comment.

Get the Xbox bundle. You won't even turn your PS2 on once you get it.

PS2 has better online because it supports 56k. Xbox live doesnt, therefor I can use PS2 online I cant use Xbox online, so obviosly in my eyes PS2 Online would be beter.

And as far as your second comment, I am not replacing my PS2, I am adding too it. PS2 is still the better of the two systems, it just doesnt have Rallisport, Amped, Halo, or DOA3... and those 4 games are the main reason im getting X-Box

VeNoMiZA
12-26-2002, 04:22 PM

PS2 has better online because it supports 56k. Xbox live doesnt, therefor I can use PS2 online I cant use Xbox online, so obviosly in my eyes PS2 Online would be beter.

And as far as your second comment, I am not replacing my PS2, I am adding too it. PS2 is still the better of the two systems, it just doesnt have Rallisport, Amped, Halo, or DOA3... and those 4 games are the main reason im getting X-Box
DUDE XBOX IS BETTER gett outta here.

Viper87227
12-26-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by AlBoogy
Anyone else look at this thread skeptically?

Why would they?

Cloud Strife
12-26-2002, 04:31 PM
I'd definately get the Xbox Bundle. I have a Playstation 2 and it gets very little use compared to my Xbox. Xbox is defiantely worth it.

Next time make sure you don't put X-Box.:( It's Xbox.;)

shrew king
12-26-2002, 04:33 PM

whats the advantage of it supporting 56k if it is as horrible as it is? talk to someone who is running off of 56k and trying to play online. unless its not available in your area, xbox live is the way to go, i cant imagine anything less.

Viper87227
12-26-2002, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by shrew king

whats the advantage of it supporting 56k if it is as horrible as it is? talk to someone who is running off of 56k and trying to play online. unless its not available in your area, xbox live is the way to go, i cant imagine anything less.

I do agree, Xbox live looks better and has better games, but I can't get broadband. 56k on PS2 does play just fine. I've played NFL2k3, NBA2k3, Madden 2003, Live 2003, and ATV Offroad Fury 2 and I hardly ever get lag.

Also once we get auto modellista then PS2 online will own.

Cloud Strife
12-26-2002, 04:39 PM

I do agree, Xbox live looks better and has better games, but I can't get broadband. 56k on PS2 does play just fine. I've played NFL2k3, NBA2k3, Madden 2003, Live 2003, and ATV Offroad Fury 2 and I hardly ever get lag.

Also once we get auto modellista then PS2 online will own. Are you sure about that? I had 56K earlier this year and it sucked. I just got Broadband and there is a big difference. I could never go back.

Viper87227
12-26-2002, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
Are you sure about that? I had 56K earlier this year and it sucked. I just got Broadband and there is a big difference. I could never go back.

add Twisted MEtal Black Online to that list....

In TMBO and ATV2 I get no lag no matter what, as for the other games if I can hook up wiht someone on broadband, i get no lag, and when i play someone on 56k, my lag is determaned by there connection speed, but usually its minimal, and goes unnoticed

Cloud Strife
12-26-2002, 04:46 PM

add Twisted MEtal Black Online to that list....

In TMBO and ATV2 I get no lag no matter what, as for the other games if I can hook up wiht someone on broadband, i get no lag, and when i play someone on 56k, my lag is determaned by there connection speed, but usually its minimal, and goes unnoticed Are you serious. I experinced slowdown while playing the awful Twisted Metal Black offline. I'm serious, Xbox Live is much better.

Xbox Owner
12-26-2002, 05:27 PM

Also once we get auto modellista then PS2 online will own.

Umm..Since when when does nfl2k3 go online with ps2?

Viper87227
12-26-2002, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Xbox Owner

Umm..Since when when does nfl2k3 go online with ps2?

umm... since August 27th when the network adapter came out, even tho the game had the ability August 13th, no one could take advantage of it. Its really quite a shame.

ShannonX
12-26-2002, 06:04 PM
i cant stand dialup. If i had to use dialup, i would go without internet or games until i could get broadband. Dialup is dying, broadband is the future.

Steve1987
12-26-2002, 06:51 PM
Yep Dial up is really crappy, i was stuck with it for 15 years, until i got broadband.

I have Xbox Live and it's fantastic, but if you can't get broadband then for you the PS2 online service is better obviously, as you can use it! :p

Just got Mech Assualt and Splinter Cell for christmas, played Mech assualt online last night and was blown to bits, but a bit more practice and then i will kick some ass! (I hope) :eek:

Oh yeah get the xbox! Nothing better than having all the top games when you have a ps2 and xbox!

Cesar902
12-26-2002, 09:41 PM
I recommend you the xbox too! It has the hard drive for free saves. You get a music jukebox, better multiplayer with four controller ports, the best consoles for FPS. And tons of FPS and maybe RPGs comming.

Trust me once you get xbox you will play your PS2 less. I had a friend that was the biggest PS2 fanboy all the way until last month and now he plays xbox most of the time, he has barely play PS2. He has for PS2 Grand Theft Auto 3 and Vice City, Tekken 4, all the final fantasy series even X-2, State of Emergency, SOCOM: Navy Seals, Shinoby, Metal Gear Solid 2, etc and now he prefers playing xbox other thatn PS2, he has three other brothers and they also like xbox more. For Xbox he got an I also got, he lives next to me so its no problem sharing games:

Halo
Serious Sam
Splinter Cell
NFL fever 2003
Mechassault
Jedi Knight 2
Ghost Recon
Shenmue 2 not best graphics but excellent story
NBA 2k3
Sega GT 2002
JSRF 2
Unreal Championship, that all we got for now, We don't mind playing on split screen.

We love xbox the most because of multiplayer to play against our buddies. We also do system link to play 12 players and more. Trust me when you are with friends Xbox is better even alone. We will get xbox live but on february. I would get xbox live now but I got to use all my money right now for college, so I will have money for xbox live until february. I got DSL now all I got to wait is to get money for my Xbox Live Kit. My friends dad is going to get them DSL just to play Xbox live.

Well the final choice is up to you.

Viper87227
12-26-2002, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Cesar902
I You get a music jukebox

Ive heard a bit about this, but can you explain more about it. I understand that some games give the ability to create your own soundtrack but how does it work? Do you just rip songs off your CD to the HD and then the game kows which to play, and in that case does Xbox have a music player where I can play my music without putting in the CD each time?

MerimacHamwich
12-26-2002, 10:18 PM
You rip the songs off of your cd onto the xbox's harddrive. Then in the game there will be an audio menu, like every other game, and there you will be able to select which soundtracks you wish to play. A soundtrack is a grouping of songs you made. You can make one humungous one or hundreds of 20 song, or whatever amount you want, ones. Literally, you can have as much music as you want on there. I have over 10 cd's on my harddrive. It still says 50,000+blocks left over, which is what it says when you first buy it. I also have tons and tons of savegames.

here is a short list of reasons to get an xbox, just to help you confirm your decision.

-Harddrive built in
-broadband adapter built in
-best system specs
-4 controller ports
-2 accesory ports on each controller tottaling 8 ports
-dobly digital 5.1 support, ingame
-widescreen support, in game
-hdtv support, in game
-all that for the low low price of 299$ (canadian)
-Long controller cables
-two controller sizes to choose from for personal preference (the big one is incredibly comfortable for me, doesn't give me cramps!)
-has memory cards for back up or transferring files between xboxes or for bringing to your freinds etc etc etc
-XBOX LIVE
-all live games support voice chat
-broadband only online play translating into fast non-laggy games
-1 username 1 password 1 fee for all games (minus maybe some MMORPG's)
-DVD movie playback with the most features on a console(zoom etc)
-(dvd movie playback) dd5.1 support, hdtv support, widescreen support
-quick release cord
-system link capability for those who cannot afford online play

Enjoy your new, technically superior video game system!
:)

Viper87227
12-26-2002, 10:23 PM
I ordered my system from Circuitcity.com today for in-store-pickup and I am gunna pcik it up maytbe tomorrow if not sunday (I work saturday and have an xmas party afterwords).

Thanks to everyone woh has given there opinions.

BCan
12-26-2002, 10:25 PM
Remember also that the PS2 does NOT have in game Dolby Digital 5.1 sound, which for some games, especially FPS's, is important in the immersion in the game. To hear a footstep behind you, then to flick around to shoot them, rather than hear a noise in the left or right speaker, and keep turning until you see the enemy which is somewhere around there..........

Cesar902
12-26-2002, 10:34 PM
Well not all games support the "put your own music feature", the game has to say it has support for custom soundtrack. To put music in the games that support it you need to first put the songs you would like from any original CD or CDRW,not mp3 or wma or CD-R( for a weird reason XBOX can't read CD-R's but it can read CD-RW's). then when you put the music disc in it will play the disc automaticly, then press b it will take you to a screen that has options for the audio CD which are "copy" and "play", then select copy then you only select the ones you want to copy onto the XBOX, you can even preview the music on XBOX even when you are selecting the music you want to copy, so you will select only the ones you want, not all the CD. Put a name to the soundtrack, afterwards you can even name each individual song, after you are done selecting the soundtrack you want, you can always add or delete individual songs from any soundtrack you have already made, don't worry if you press copy to an existing soundtrack IT WILL NOT OVERWRITE the music on that soundtrack it will just add the songs to it. There is no limit of songs to any given soundtracks, only the 10 Gigabitye hard drive on your Xbox. After you get the music you want you press copy(it can get up to 100 hours of music, only the one's you want).

After you have burn your music to the Xbox made the soundtrack you want, and there is no disk in the Xbox you choose the "Music" option on the Xbox Dashboard in the middle of "Memory and Settings options' then select the music you want to hear, and if you have connected your xbox to your home sorround sistem, especially Dolby Digital 5.1 system, any home system will do it, the xbox will be excellent to keep the music you like in only one place from CD and CD-RW's. Well i was about to forget about the your music in game, well if the game supports costum soundtrack then you go to the game "settings" select "sound" choose your soundtrack and you are ready to go.

Jhonka
08-19-2007, 09:16 PM
this is my favorite thread.

little bitty viper.

Viper87227
08-19-2007, 09:41 PM
this is my favorite thread.

little bitty viper.

Suck my noodily appengage!

Variation-XBA
08-19-2007, 11:56 PM
Wow, impressive Bump....

:bang:

Jhonka
08-20-2007, 01:28 AM
but really, i think you should just buy the xbox... i think its a better purchase