PDA

View Full Version : Nhl 2k3

kornavs19
12-26-2002, 07:45 PM
Hey , i got NHL2K3 for x-mas.And i was just wondering if ne1 who is in to hockey video games likes that game...I like it..It's alright.But i was expecting alot better...I wish they had the camera angle like NHL 2002. That way u can see the rink and players better...Is there nething i can do to make it better?
Does neone else think the same ? thanks...

Pipetender
12-26-2002, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by lmpbzktnkorn23
Hey , i got NHL2K3 for x-mas.And i was just wondering if ne1 who is in to hockey video games likes that game...I like it..It's alright.But i was expecting alot better...I wish they had the camera angle like NHL 2002. That way u can see the rink and players better...Is there nething i can do to make it better?
Does neone else think the same ? thanks...

I got NHL2K3 and hated it. I thought the graphics were a joke and the gameplay was slow. I actually like NHL2003 better because of the faster pace and the awesome graphics. The only thing that people say about NHL2003 is that the super dekes are lame and I would have to agree. BTW, this would be a great fit for the Sports Games Section.

J Dub
12-27-2002, 02:36 AM
I disagree. I really like the game. The graphics are fairly poor, but you get used to it. And graphics don't make a game good. Of course, they do help...

But to make the camera angles better, you can play around with some of the presentation options to try out the different views. Also, try zooming in with the camera zoom option (I think that's what it's called). It makes things a lot bigger and easier to see. I usually set it to 7 or 8, which is 2 or 3 notches up from default.

kornavs19
12-27-2002, 09:43 AM
Thanks guys...
I shoulda rented it first..
But I heard all the hype so i figured,i just ask for it for christmas..
Ill try the thing with the camera and ill turn the game speed up..Thanks.

P.S.
Its weird how the screenshots look so good..Then the game is like nothing like it...

kornavs19
12-30-2002, 11:11 AM
Thanks guys..I did what u suggested and now im like addicted to this game...

One more question...How do u earn money in franchise mode..I have like 10 dollars..How do i get more...?Thanks

SBC31
01-11-2003, 08:50 PM
NHL 2K3 is by far the best ever hockey video game as far as gameplay goes. Only thing Sega needs to work on are the graphics, but even they are not that bad.

Read all about NHL 2K3 here: CLICK ME (http://www.sportplanet.com/thunderpuck/sega/)

Pipetender
01-11-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by SBC31
Only thing Sega needs to work on are the graphics, but even they are not that bad.

lol.....:confused:

studepaber
01-11-2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Pipetender

I got NHL2K3 and hated it. I thought the graphics were a joke and the gameplay was slow. I actually like NHL2003 better because of the faster pace and the awesome graphics. The only thing that people say about NHL2003 is that the super dekes are lame and I would have to agree. BTW, this would be a great fit for the Sports Games Section.

Hrrmmmm you probably played it a few times and gave up right? Into those more arcadey types of games instead of realism? If you cared to delve into NHL 2K3 a bit more you would've realized you can change the game speed and make it as fast and unrealistic as you want :rolleyes: Oh but if you're into matrix-like replays and super dekes go ahead and get NHL 2003....