PDA

View Full Version : New to XBOX Need Help with something please?

4tide1
12-27-2002, 09:51 AM
I just got an XBOX and need to know something about Halo. I am used to play Half Life and others on my pc with a joystick which I use to move and aim with. Now with the XBOX on Halo I have the use the left thumb for movement and the right to aim and turn. What I woul like to know is do they make a joystick that will work like the one for my pc? Thanks.

No Fear 23
12-27-2002, 09:59 AM
well, alot of pc gamers complain about that. and no there is no joystick out yet.

i would suggest u to get use to the controllers. and pretty soon, u will be used to it very well.

just give it time

o and welcome to XBA:)

4tide1
12-27-2002, 10:52 AM
I hope someone comes out with a joystick soon.

Brevity
12-27-2002, 11:26 AM
Check this out! HERE (http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/deptpage.asp?web_dept=xbox&web_sub_dept=Accessories&sub_dept_group=Joysticks) There ya go.:cool:

Zion
12-27-2002, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by 4tide1
I just got an XBOX and need to know something about Halo. I am used to play Half Life and others on my pc with a joystick which I use to move and aim with. Now with the XBOX on Halo I have the use the left thumb for movement and the right to aim and turn. What I woul like to know is do they make a joystick that will work like the one for my pc? Thanks.

Playing Halo with the Xbox controller made me realize how poor the PC controls all those years were. I couldn't believe it!

Trust me, you'll get used to it. It feels natural, unlike PC controls.

BCan
12-27-2002, 05:42 PM
I have found the XBOX style of shoot em up controls relatively easy to pick up and use. It just takes some practice to get used to it. Just getting used to the thumbs for the directional controls and the index fingers for the triggers isn't natural for everyone....