PDA

View Full Version : Abducted!

MerimacHamwich
12-27-2002, 06:37 PM
Contraband Entertainment (http://www.contrabandent.com/abducted/index.html) is developing a new game for the PC, Mac, and Xbox. It's name, Abducted, its appeal. The BEST GRAPHICS EVER!. If this game ever comes out there will definetly be a big hubug about which game looks better halo 2, Doom ]|[ or Abducted. Personally I think It will go either to Doom ]|[ or Abducted. Here is some links to creenshots of all three games. Abducted. (http://www.contrabandent.com/abducted/media.html) Doom ]|[ (http://www.gamershell.com/game/FPS_Doom_3.shtml) . And finally Halo ][ (http://www.bungie.net/perlbin/blam.pl?file=/site/1/site/halo/features/screenshots.html&) .

Decide for yourself.
:)

MerimacHamwich
12-27-2002, 07:06 PM
After reviewing what I tihnk are the best screenshots of the three. I think it will go Abducted, Doom 3 and then Halo 2.
Abducteds best (http://www.contrabandent.com/abducted/Images/screenshot5.jpg)
Doom 3s best (http://www.gamershell.com/game/FPS_Doom_3.shtml) It's the middle left picture.
Halo 2s best (http://www.bungie.net/images/site/halo/screenshots/scrn_109.jpg)

shrew king
12-27-2002, 07:28 PM
in Abducted, the character model is amazing, those are the best clothes ive seen yet (the way it shows wrinkes in the shirt and all). Those aliens faces look "painted on" though, hopefully it is fixed.

DOOM III definitely looks the best in my eyes, everything looks flawless. I can't seem to find a single thing that looks bad graphic-wise.

Halo II looks ok, I want to see some screens of some new outside levels or something, not much i can say, looks good from the very limited screens we have.

DOOM III has to be my favorite out of the three.

EHWfedPres
12-27-2002, 07:53 PM
halo 2's graphics are all rendered in real-time...what about the other 2 games? because pre-rendered graphics are not impressive at all.

ARONO129
12-27-2002, 07:54 PM
Doom III looks the best to me. I loved that game when it came out and now it looks incredible.

RadRider
12-27-2002, 07:55 PM
From what I've seen, it's basically a toss-up between Abducted and Doom III, the only difference being that I've actually played Doom III. I think at this point, Abducted is much flashier, employing more of everything that Doom III uses for graphical effects, whereas Doom III has a more realistic look.
Halo 2 trails somewhere behind both of them. Sure the Master Chief looks good, but it's like the difference between making a car look real and making a person look real. Master Chief is wearing blocky armor, so it's very easy to look real. If the people models look as bad as they did in Halo 1, then the Halo 2 engine really hasn't been improved much over the first Halo engine at all.
--edit--
All the screenshots are rendered in real time for these games.

EHWfedPres
12-27-2002, 07:55 PM
Doom 3's textures seem quite blurry to me, and I have 20-15 vision...but anyway, until I see actual gameplay footage, im not deciding.

Cloud Strife
12-27-2002, 08:28 PM
Japanese developers are the only ones who can make a good survival horror.

MerimacHamwich
12-27-2002, 08:34 PM
First off bruning Ranger, that has nothing to do with this thread. Secondly, just becuase its asian doesn't mean its good. ya damn racist fool!

Cloud Strife
12-27-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
First off bruning Ranger, that has nothing to do with this thread. Secondly, just becuase its asian doesn't mean its good. ya damn racist fool! Hey, I'm not an asian and I respect all races. It's just that I haven't played a good survival horror yet made by a Western developer.

MerimacHamwich
12-27-2002, 08:41 PM
No more arguemnts about survival horror games. Only talk about Halo2, Doom 3 and Abducted!

Bigwig
12-27-2002, 08:42 PM
If they would add lighting this would beat them all

http://www.fatbabies.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1665

MerimacHamwich
12-27-2002, 08:44 PM
yes, Dino Crisis 3 does look good. However, I don't think it is on the same level as The three previously stated games. I mean they aren't even BETA yet. They are all in Alpha stages and they look that good!

LynxFX
12-27-2002, 08:58 PM
Not sure if they are those screens are the best for comparisons though since both Abducted and Doom III are high res PC screenshots while Halo 2 is actually off of the Xbox. Scale those other screens down to 640x480 and see the difference.

They all look to be impressive games though, including Dinocrisis 3. :)

MerimacHamwich
12-27-2002, 09:03 PM
(keep in mind all screenshots posted in this thread are ingame!)
Here are two other amazing games.
Fable Screenies (http://forums.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?threadid=164590&perpage=15&highlight=fable&pagenumber=2)
This website has a ton of B.C. screenies. (http://www.nlgaming.com/previews/3871/index1.html)
Enjoy!

Archimonde
12-28-2002, 03:57 PM
what was so amazing about that..
:confused:

Cloud Strife
12-28-2002, 04:08 PM
(keep in mind all screenshots posted in this thread are ingame!)
Here are two other amazing games.
Fable Screenies (http://forums.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?threadid=164590&perpage=15&highlight=fable&pagenumber=2)
This website has a ton of B.C. screenies. (http://www.nlgaming.com/previews/3871/index1.html)
Enjoy!
:) Graphics of those games look good. Not as impressive as Dino Crisis 3 and Circus Drive.

VenoM
12-28-2002, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
pre-rendered graphics are not impressive at all.

RE and RE0 on Gamecube look pretty damn impressive :confused:

MerimacHamwich
12-30-2002, 05:19 PM
They may look good but any system can do those graphics. That is why pre-rendered graphics are not impressive. It is just like drawing a picture and putting that picture into the game. The console itself isn't actually doing anything as far as rendering goes. It is actually quite pathetic. All of the games I posted are rendered in real time. The system is actually making it look like that, it ain't some picture some shlob drew. That is why they are impressive.

rockola
12-30-2002, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
Japanese developers are the only ones who can make a good survival horror.

the correct comment would be that japanese are the ONLY developers that make survival horror games. other than alone in the dark (which started the genre, not resident evil) who else has made survival horror games other than capcom and tecmo? seriously, I dont know, the only ones I can think of are silent hill, RE, and fatal frame

TheCovenant
12-30-2002, 09:20 PM
abducted looks cool.

those screen shots are old however.

and i wonder if they ever heard of bump-mapping?

lol.

abducted has bump-mapping on top of bumps. they really like that technique apperently.

as for doom 3 and halo 2. i think they look the same. of course, doom 3 does run on a powered up radeon 9700 pro.

halo 2 has a running video as for doom 3 has little clips of movement.

and prerendered backgrounds look pretty. but thats it. that's all they can do. pretty backgrounds that you can't interact with affect the gameplay. and enviroments that restrict you that much REALLY suck.

as for dino crisis, capcom doesn't usually go for graphics.
i'd be surprised if they used bump-mapping.

but hey!

if you got any screens of dino crisis 3, post em!

TheCovenant
12-30-2002, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by rockola

the correct comment would be that japanese are the ONLY developers that make survival horror games. other than alone in the dark (which started the genre, not resident evil) who else has made survival horror games other than capcom and tecmo? seriously, I dont know, the only ones I can think of are silent hill, RE, and fatal frame

what about konami?

MerimacHamwich
12-30-2002, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by TheCovenant
abducted looks cool.

those screen shots are old however.

and i wonder if they ever heard of bump-mapping?

lol.

abducted has bump-mapping on top of bumps. they really like that technique apperently.

as for doom 3 and halo 2. i think they look the same. of course, doom 3 does run on a powered up radeon 9700 pro.

halo 2 has a running video as for doom 3 has little clips of movement.

and prerendered backgrounds look pretty. but thats it. that's all they can do. pretty backgrounds that you can't interact with affect the gameplay. and enviroments that restrict you that much REALLY suck.

as for dino crisis, capcom doesn't usually go for graphics.
i'd be surprised if they used bump-mapping.

but hey!

if you got any screens of dino crisis 3, post em!

I have played the DOOM 3 Alpha and let me tell you, it looks amazing, even in its Alpha stages.

Seems to me like you think bump mapping is what makes a game look good. It does help alot, but you have to give props to all of the other effects going on in those pictures.

TheCovenant
12-30-2002, 10:27 PM

I have played the DOOM 3 Alpha and let me tell you, it looks amazing, even in its Alpha stages.

Seems to me like you think bump mapping is what makes a game look good. It does help alot, but you have to give props to all of the other effects going on in those pictures.

well bump mapping is now what bit-mapping was back in the days of doom one (bitmapping was invented by john carmack, didja know that?)

i think it's very important. a low res per-pixel shaded texture looks much more impressive than a high rez-texture.

MerimacHamwich
12-30-2002, 10:41 PM
Not only high res textures though. I mean there is all sorts of lighting and stuff going on.

TheCovenant
12-30-2002, 11:22 PM
yea the lighting oin some games are impressive. like the new "bloom" effect seen in the halo 2 trailer.

the thing is, a lot of games have scripted lighting ( such as silent hill two)

but yea, the lighting in doom looks awsome!

you were an alpha tester?

curious. im not calling you a liar, it's just very suspicious....

TheCovenant
12-30-2002, 11:26 PM

you sure you played the alpha demo?

what's the gameplay like? what guns are there? what did they look like? what's the first enemy you encounter? what new enemies did you see? where is the first level (atmosphere)? how are the controls? what's the default weapon? what's on the HUD?
hows the gameplay?(fast paced?)

just a few questions you should know most of the anwseres to. i'm not calling you a liar, just that no game sit e anywhere has this info, and an alpha tester should know most of it, from the demo.

MerimacHamwich
12-30-2002, 11:33 PM
Yes, I have played the Alpha. It was leaked. Go onto google and type in doom 3 alpha. My brother downloaded it from an undisclosed source.

It takes place on mars
There are three weapons
It is a first person shooter
The Handgun is the default weapon
The shutgun and assault rifle can be switched too at any time
Controls=just like every other fps in existence.
You have to crack the console in order to play. The menus will not load the levels and stuff.
There is only three levels.
Gameplay is horror-esque
First enemies and mainly all the enemie you run into are zombies.
Fat and regular build at first
This Alpha demo was meant to run on a specific computer at E3. Therefor it won't run good on any other computer. It runs at about 15 fps average on my pc.

TheCovenant
12-31-2002, 05:16 AM
Yes, I have played the Alpha. It was leaked. Go onto google and type in doom 3 alpha. My brother downloaded it from an undisclosed source.

It takes place on mars
There are three weapons
It is a first person shooter
The Handgun is the default weapon
The shutgun and assault rifle can be switched too at any time
Controls=just like every other fps in existence.
You have to crack the console in order to play. The menus will not load the levels and stuff.
There is only three levels.
Gameplay is horror-esque
First enemies and mainly all the enemie you run into are zombies.
Fat and regular build at first
This Alpha demo was meant to run on a specific computer at E3. Therefor it won't run good on any other computer. It runs at about 15 fps average on my pc.

controls are like every fps in existence?

nothing innovative at all?

hmmm. that sucks.

i think aside from the graphics, this will be a very standard fps. of course, in fps's, graphics are everything...............

MerimacHamwich
01-01-2003, 12:32 PM
I think it iwll be a little better than most FPS's. Just becuase it has a creepy atmosphere. If you play it alone in the dark I garauntee you will at least get startled once. You get to type on keypads too, if thats of any importance to you.

Spic_Tacular26
01-03-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Bigwig
If they would add lighting this would beat them all

http://www.fatbabies.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1665

Hey man, could u make ur sig smaller? if u leave it like that there gonna take everyones sigs away...... plz change it or make it smaller

MerimacHamwich
01-04-2003, 03:51 PM
I still think Dino Crisis 3 is only on the level of a second generation xbox game. Like Deathrow, Transworld Snowboarding, Splinter Cell and Unreal Championship. Whereas the other games are just way more impresive.