PDA

View Full Version : Dino Crisis 3 (new screenshots)

Shadow20002
12-28-2002, 12:52 AM
Dino Crisis 3 due to release in 2003 (Japan). Always being exclusive on Xbox. ;)

Check this out :
http://www.gamekult.com/xbox/actus/articles/A0000022852.html

Cloud Strife
12-28-2002, 08:16 AM
I already saw this game five times yesterday. I can't wait til it comes out. Just about anything Capcom makes is good. The graphics are amazing. The shadows need some work though.

AlBoogy
12-28-2002, 08:54 AM
XBox Magazing style:

+ Great sequel to great game
+ Excellent Graphics
+ Its made by Capcom
- Dinosaurs + Space= Sucks

rio2012
12-28-2002, 09:56 AM
Damn, those graphics are SWEET.:eek:

Cloud Strife
12-28-2002, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by AlBoogy
XBox Magazing style:

+ Great sequel to great game
+ Excellent Graphics
+ Its made by Capcom
- Dinosaurs + Space= Sucks I think Dinosaurs in space rule. I love games when I am in a sapce colony. Space colonies are the best.;)

MerimacHamwich
12-28-2002, 12:19 PM
There (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30074) is another thread (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30074) with screenshots (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30074) of this game as well as Abducted (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30074) , Doom 3, Halo 2, Fable and B.C.

This game is still only of the second generation. There are other games out like Deathrow and Transworld Snowboarding that have graphics just as good as Dino Crisis 3. The thread I made has some third generation games though. So be prepared for amazingness when you click on one of those links.
:)

Cloud Strife
12-28-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
There (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30074) is another thread (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30074) with screenshots (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30074) of this game as well as Abducted (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30074) , Doom 3, Halo 2, Fable and B.C.

This game is still only of the second generation. There are other games out like Deathrow and Transworld Snowboarding that have graphics just as good as Dino Crisis 3. The thread I made has some third generation games though. So be prepared for amazingness when you click on one of those links.
:) Deathrow does not have very good graphics. Panzer Dragon Orta does. Dino Crisis 3 will be better than Doom 3 and Halo 2 and possibly Fable.;)

MerimacHamwich
12-28-2002, 02:00 PM
I cannot believe yhou just said that. You had better be joking. If not you may possibly have the worst taste in video game graphics ever.

Cloud Strife
12-28-2002, 02:07 PM
I cannot believe yhou just said that. You had better be joking. If not you may possibly have the worst taste in video game graphics ever. Yes, I have played Deathrow. The graphics were okay but nothing special. Panzer Dragoon Orta, Quantum Redshift, Kakuto Chojin, Dead or Alive 3, Blinx The Timesweeper, etc. had better graphics. I even think MGS 2 Substance has better graphics. I don't have the worst taste in videogames. I like games that Microsoft publishes, any Japanese game besides Kabuki Warriors, and racing games.

MerimacHamwich
12-28-2002, 02:11 PM
MGS2 has worse graphics technically and visually. As does Panzer dragoon orta, heck, even DOA3 does. Blinx the Time Sweeper, Kakuto Chojin and Quantum Redshift are of the same generation and employ much of the same techniques. Therefor they are probably technically equivalent but there may be a difference visually. Kakuto Chokin seems like it may have a better visual appeal but the other two are arguable.

Ofcourse anything I say you will disagree with just to try and get me riled up as well as up you post count. What with your 40plus posts per day and 1500 posts in a month and a half.

Cloud Strife
12-28-2002, 02:16 PM
MGS2 has worse graphics technically and visually. As does Panzer dragoon orta, heck, even DOA3 does. Blinx the Time Sweeper, Kakuto Chojin and Quantum Redshift are of the same generation and employ much of the same techniques. Therefor they are probably technically equivalent but there may be a difference visually. Kakuto Chokin seems like it may have a better visual appeal but the other two are arguable.

Ofcourse anything I say you will disagree with just to try and get me riled up as well as up you post count. What with your 40plus posts per day and 1500 posts in a month and a half. I know that I got you a little riled up. People use to do it to me all the time back in High School. I post here a lot because I have nothing else to do besides play one of my 16 videogame systems.

I don't know how you could think PD Orta doesn't look good. I just played that game a few minutes ago. I said MGS 2 Substance because it's the best looking Playstation 2 game. The game still looks impressive on Xbox.

RadRider
12-28-2002, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
Yes, I have played Deathrow. The graphics were okay but nothing special. Panzer Dragoon Orta, Quantum Redshift, Kakuto Chojin, Dead or Alive 3, Blinx The Timesweeper, etc. had better graphics. I even think MGS 2 Substance has better graphics. I don't have the worst taste in videogames. I like games that Microsoft publishes, any Japanese game besides Kabuki Warriors, and racing games.
Deathrow has amazing graphics. It utilizes motion blur, bump mapping, pixel shaders, multi-texturing, environment mapping and features characters with extensive skeletons and 7000+ polygons. It's a very impressive game, but because the action is so fast and the view is far away, it's not easy to see all the details. It's one of the best looking games on the system to date. Those games you listed have good graphics as well, possibly better, with the exception of DOA3, Blinx, MGS2 and Panzer Dragoon Orta. Sega games in particular are quite disappointing on Xbox, because despite that they look good, Sega doesn't know how to tap into more advanced graphic techniques like the aforementioned bump mapping and pixel shaders in addition to vertex shaders (which I have also yet to see in any Sega game).

And I know you were kidding about Dino Crisis 3 being better than Fable, but it's got static camera angles just like Resident Evil, RE2, RE3 and every other Resident Evil will. Because it's got the static camera angles, it's probably also got the ass-backward control scheme of those Resident Evil games, although I can't say for certain as I haven't yet played the game. But, if that's the type of game you like, then all the power to you.

Cloud Strife
12-28-2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by RadRider

Deathrow has amazing graphics. It utilizes motion blur, bump mapping, pixel shaders, multi-texturing, environment mapping and features characters with extensive skeletons and 7000+ polygons. It's a very impressive game, but because the action is so fast and the view is far away, it's not easy to see all the details. It's one of the best looking games on the system to date. Those games you listed have good graphics as well, possibly better, with the exception of DOA3, Blinx, MGS2 and Panzer Dragoon Orta. Sega games in particular are quite disappointing on Xbox, because despite that they look good, Sega doesn't know how to tap into more advanced graphic techniques like the aforementioned bump mapping and pixel shaders in addition to vertex shaders (which I have also yet to see in any Sega game).

And I know you were kidding about Dino Crisis 3 being better than Fable, but it's got static camera angles just like Resident Evil, RE2, RE3 and every other Resident Evil will. Because it's got the static camera angles, it's probably also got the ass-backward control scheme of those Resident Evil games, although I can't say for certain as I haven't yet played the game. But, if that's the type of game you like, then all the power to you. I guess people here need their eyes checked because Deathrows graphics are not that great. I forgot to mention Moto GP having good graphics. The only thing I care about the graphics is that they have a bit of a colorful look. I can't stand dark and gritty graphics.
Are you sure it's going to have that control. It's not trying to be like resident Evil, more like Devil May Cry except in Space with Dinosaurs. The game is should have complete movement this time around because it's like Gun Valkyrie which is the second best Xbox game to me. I really liked Dino Crisis 1 and 2 anyway. I don't think it will be better than Fable but I will like the game better than Fable. I already like Gun Valkyrie, Blinx and Panzer Dragoon Orta better than Halo.
Oh yeah, I like any game Sega, Konami, Capcom, Namco, or Hudson Soft make better than anything. I don't care if the graphics are advanced. I prefer 2-D games or 3-D games anyway.

RadRider
12-28-2002, 04:46 PM
Ah yes, the blind, faithful 'hardcore' gamer. You prefer colorful graphics, but that doesn't mean that what you see as better graphics will directly translate into what are technically superior graphics. MotoGP does have good graphics, I'll definitely agree there, but do does Deathrow.

Dino Crisis 3 may have a Devil May Cry control scheme, which would be great, but I haven't been keeping up with the game (as I mentioned), so I really don't know and personally, wouldn't hold my breath for that kind of control.

Gun Valkyrie... Ugh. This game is a perfect example of why I don't like Sega. The game is interesting, and one would like to enjoy the game, but it seems like Sega goes out of their way to make it impossible to like. The graphics are decent, but lack the advanced techniques I've mentioned before. The first thing that bugged me about the game though, is the invisible walls that are everywhere! I mean, we get these linear levels that restrict what you can and can't do in the first place, then they put in invisible walls so you can't even immerse yourself in the game to the extent you'd like. One glaring reminder that you're just playing a game.
The biggest and most detrimental problem with the game is the horrendous control scheme. Some people will like the control scheme, and others might adapt to it, but the fact that you can't change it at all is ludicrous. Not even allowing the player to invert up/down looking is just ridiculous as everyone has a different preference for which is more natural. This game could have used the Halo scheme and it would have been great despite the linear levels and invisible walls, but rather Sega employed their awkward halfway-looking with the right joystick that is so jerky and useless that it might as well have been left out. It's just utterly frustrating to play no matter how much I might want to play it, so I just end up never playing it.

But seeing the companies you like, and that you prefer 2d games over 3d (and probably fighters over most genres as well), you probably like 'gamey' or 'arcadey' games more anyway. There's nothing wrong with that, it's just the complete opposite end of the scale from what type of games I prefer.

Cloud Strife
12-28-2002, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by RadRider
Ah yes, the blind, faithful 'hardcore' gamer. You prefer colorful graphics, but that doesn't mean that what you see as better graphics will directly translate into what are technically superior graphics. MotoGP does have good graphics, I'll definitely agree there, but do does Deathrow.

Dino Crisis 3 may have a Devil May Cry control scheme, which would be great, but I haven't been keeping up with the game (as I mentioned), so I really don't know and personally, wouldn't hold my breath for that kind of control.

Gun Valkyrie... Ugh. This game is a perfect example of why I don't like Sega. The game is interesting, and one would like to enjoy the game, but it seems like Sega goes out of their way to make it impossible to like. The graphics are decent, but lack the advanced techniques I've mentioned before. The first thing that bugged me about the game though, is the invisible walls that are everywhere! I mean, we get these linear levels that restrict what you can and can't do in the first place, then they put in invisible walls so you can't even immerse yourself in the game to the extent you'd like. One glaring reminder that you're just playing a game.
The biggest and most detrimental problem with the game is the horrendous control scheme. Some people will like the control scheme, and others might adapt to it, but the fact that you can't change it at all is ludicrous. Not even allowing the player to invert up/down looking is just ridiculous as everyone has a different preference for which is more natural. This game could have used the Halo scheme and it would have been great despite the linear levels and invisible walls, but rather Sega employed their awkward halfway-looking with the right joystick that is so jerky and useless that it might as well have been left out. It's just utterly frustrating to play no matter how much I might want to play it, so I just end up never playing it.

But seeing the companies you like, and that you prefer 2d games over 3d (and probably fighters over most genres as well), you probably like 'gamey' or 'arcadey' games more anyway. There's nothing wrong with that, it's just the complete opposite end of the scale from what type of games I prefer. Actually I have perfect vision. That is correct that I like colorful graphics, that is why I like the look of a lot of Gamecube and Dreamcast games a lot despite low polygon count. I haven’t played the full version of Deathrow, I’ve only played the demo and enjoyed the game. I have nothing against Deathrow since I really like Ubi Soft They published Grandia II for DC..

About Dino Crisis 3, I’ve been following the game very closely and the game should not have Resident Evil controls. I didn’t mind those controls in the first Dino Crisis. The game is in complete 3-D. Capcom is making this Dino Crisis completely diffferent and the Resident Evil control doesn’t work for that kind of game.

Gun Valkyrie is the biggest reason I like Sega so much, especially Smilebit. The game is a lot like Burning Rangers for Sega Saturn. I found the Smilebit made the game easy to like. The invisible walls are in just about every game I played. I even had some pop up in Blinx and that is my favorite Xbox game. Blinx is a lot like my favorite game of all time Nights for Sega Saturn. There is no problem with linear levels in my opinion. Games with massive levels seem to get too bland and boring, like Halo. I can’t understand why you say the control is bad. The first time I played the game, I found myself doing combos in the air and doing really well. I didn’t find them difficult at all. I also don’t understand about you complaining about inverting the up and down. I have played over 40 games that I had to use the right control stick. Half of the games were up means up and down means down while the other half was the opposite. That doesn’t stop me from getting use to a game. I can play with both, no problem at all. If you think that’s a problem, play Gungriffon Blaze on Playstation 2. The right stick is to move the Mech while the left stick is to change the view. That’s like Halo and MechAssault controls in complete reverse. I spent the time and got use to it. The game is not supposed to play like Halo. Gun Valkyrie is its own game. The controls work absolutely perfectly. It’s just that you didn’t want to get use to them because you think every game should control like Halo. Halo is good, but Gun Valkyrie is better and more enjoyable. I haven’t found the game frustrating yet. I’m at the end of the game and I have been getting good rankings. I find the levels in the game fun to play, I even replay them 100 times. Gun Valkyrie is for hardcore gamers only like myself. I find myself playing Gun Valkyrie more than an hour each time and I have no problems wanting to play it. I find myself not wanting to play Halo

That is correct that I prefer arcadey games. That is why I loved the Dreamcast and Saturn so much. About fighting games, I have 14 of them on my Dreamcast. I plan on buying Capcom vs. SNK 2. I also like 2-D vertical shooters. I also like platform games such as Blinx, Sonic, and Ratchet & Clank. I also prefer MGS 2 Substance over Splinter Cell because of the story and gameplay that suits me.

Oh yeah, I'm 24 days older than you man.

Can you please post your Xbox collection on my other thread about Naming all Xbox games you own and traded because I want to see what we have similar.

xboxman_1
12-28-2002, 06:31 PM
The game is in complete 3-D.

Are you sure the backgrounds won't just be 2-D like in the new Resident Evil games?

Cloud Strife
12-28-2002, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by xboxman_1

Are you sure the backgrounds won't just be 2-D like in the new Resident Evil games? Capcom hasn't been doing that lately for their newer games. And yers, I'm sure of it.;)

xboxman_1
12-29-2002, 12:03 AM
UUhhhh.ya they have. The Resident Evil remake last May and Resident Evil 0 both have video quality backgrounds - but they are 2-D. Have you seen either of these games??? Did you really think the GC was capable of those graphics in real-time?

shrew king
12-29-2002, 01:00 AM
so they are in 2d???

I had seen those screenshots before and was in awe that it was done on the GC, seeing as they looked better than a lot of Xbox games. I think that would be cool to see some xbox games do that, imagine how good it would look.

TheCovenant
12-30-2002, 09:59 PM
isnt the whole deal behind dino crisis, just lke resident evil. only instead of zombie people, there are zombie lizards that look like dinosaurs?

just something someone told me.

otherwise, i LOVE capcom..............

Cloud Strife
12-31-2002, 10:37 AM
I kind of woder what buttons am I going to push to boost. I really wouldn't mind if it used Gun Valkyrie's controls because that was the best control scheme ver for me.;) :D

TheCovenant
01-01-2003, 07:15 AM
gunvalkrie got rated down by many due to it's controls. i got used to them fast, but thats just what they said.........

and by the way, who am i talking to? burning ranger said that he like the controls, but now he's banned!

MerimacHamwich
01-01-2003, 12:29 PM
Somehow I don't think he is banned. If he was his title would be "banned." jeremy is probably just teaching him a little bit of a lesson.

Cloud Strife
01-01-2003, 09:48 PM
Somehow I don't think he is banned. If he was his title would be "banned." jeremy is probably just teaching him a little bit of a lesson. No, I didn't. I originally asked him to remove me because I thought people here were mad at me. But when I read through a certain thread, I decided to come back. I like to post here.;)