PDA

View Full Version : LOTR: Two Towers (EA) (merged)

hachirokku
12-28-2002, 10:16 AM
Does anyone know if this game is single player only? or does it include multiplayer gameplay as well? I know the PS2 version is only 1 player.

odpr
12-28-2002, 02:18 PM
how is this game ? ? :)

is it as good as th e movie ?

Cloud Strife
12-28-2002, 02:32 PM
I believe that EA did a straight port like they always do. I don't have plans on buying it because it's by EA.;)

LynxFX
12-28-2002, 04:07 PM
We all know how I feel about EA, just look at my avatar....but...I did play this on the PS2 and I must admit that I was impressed by how well it looked on that. So if they don't dumb down the game for the xbox and make it at least keep the minimum 480p and DD sound then I might just give EA a chance with this one.

I will be really annoyed if they do their typical Xbox pooch screw though. :mad:

Arrix
12-28-2002, 04:43 PM
it would probably only have single player

Insane Jester
12-29-2002, 10:35 AM
i belive only single player and its very good on ps2 so it should kick some donkey ass on xbox i carnt wait ...

xboxman_1
12-29-2002, 01:43 PM

If it was as good as the movie then I would go buy a PS2 just so I could play it now...and then buy it again for xbox.

Sleazy P Martini
12-29-2002, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by odpr
how is this game ? ? :)

Not even close. It is a good rental though. Its basically a hack n slash game.........good for a few hours of button mashing :)

Xbox Owner
12-29-2002, 02:58 PM
all i know is that it has good gfx

Liquid Gears
12-29-2002, 08:06 PM
This game looks GREAT!! Is it even out yet?

LynxFX
12-30-2002, 12:54 AM
It will be in game stores on the 31st.

AmpedRider
12-30-2002, 04:44 PM
Im going to buy it tomorrow. *sigh* This will be three days in a row going to EB *sigh* lol

Cloud Strife
12-30-2002, 05:47 PM
I'll try it out before I consider the game. I might rent it for GC since mine doesn't have many games to play other than Bomberman Generations.

TheCovenant
12-31-2002, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by xboxman_1

If it was as good as the movie then I would go buy a PS2 just so I could play it now...and then buy it again for xbox.

nice save........:confused:

LynxFX
12-31-2002, 06:38 PM
I must say that this game is awesome, especially if you are a fan of the movies. It starts out using the film footage from Fellowship, the complete backstory of the rings along with battle at the foot of Mt Doom. Then all of the sudden it cuts to game and you are now one of those Elfs fighting in that epic battle. You fight and defeat a few then it goes back to some movie footage as Sauran comes in. It keeps doing this, going from movie footage to the game. The voice acting is the real deal and so is the music. This is the first movie based game I have ever played where you really feal like you are playing the movie.

I've only played for a few minutes and I'm sure it gets repetitive but so far I'm loving this game. The graphics look great and dispite a few choppiness when going from movie footage to game footage it looks to be a pretty solid title. It is only single player which is a let down, but I can't wait to try this game out on my 110" screen now.

Dare I remove my EA sucks Avatar?

hebgbz
01-01-2003, 10:59 AM
where's the impressions????? Can't tell me only one guy got this.

The Jackal
01-01-2003, 07:59 PM
all i gotta say is this game is awesome plain and simple

studepaber
01-01-2003, 08:13 PM
mmmk, what simply makes this game so awesome? Is it a big step up from the last LOTR game (wasn't thrilled with that one). Also does this one have multiplayer? Notice any skips or slow framerate in the game?

The Jackal
01-01-2003, 09:06 PM
i didnt even play the first LOTR game cause it looked so bad.. this one follows the storyline of the movies perfectly.... really represents parts of it well, the graphics are prety good... not as smooth as somethin like DOA3 but thats alright... but yeah it represents the characters well.... how Legolas can draw his arrows much faster than other people... is fast... its just a good game for bein based on a movie... not like Blade II that was just pathetic... so if you like the movie, the game will be great for ya

hebgbz
01-02-2003, 07:04 AM
this may sound sacreligious and all, but I have a GC as well and really need a good action game for it. Any reason why the GC version wouldn't be as good as the xbox version? To my knowledge they are exactly the same content and since both have far superior graphics to the PS2, I can't imagine there being any difference there.

Any thoughts.

Duke
01-02-2003, 11:38 AM
I really like TTT, but I tell ya, I would have liked to spend more than 5 1/2 hours to beat it.

Yes, it was on normal, and yes only with one character, but still.

RudedogX
01-02-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn
I really like TTT, but I tell ya, I would have liked to spend more than 5 1/2 hours to beat it.

Yes, it was on normal, and yes only with one character, but still.
Only 5 1/2 hours?!? That's like Mechassault! Damn, am I glad I haven't gotten this game yet!:eek:

hebgbz
01-02-2003, 12:13 PM
I think maybe, since I am a LOTR whore, I can deal with the 5 1/2 hours for the first pass on normal. I agree that is pitifully short. No game that costs $50 should be less than 20 hours in my opinion, but this is a very rare case where I may get it anyway. I know in my head that the smart thing to do is wait 6 months and get it for $29 or less, but darn it, it's LOTR!

DT21
01-02-2003, 01:38 PM
Since the game is beatable in the amount of time you can watch the first two LOTR movies, I think its only worth a rental. I'll get it when its cheaper in a few months.

hebgbz
01-03-2003, 04:20 PM
Just bought the game from someone who got it and didn't care for it for $25. And that's the shipped price. At that price, how can I go wrong?!