PDA

View Full Version : I seriously need your help!

Draco-COHR
12-28-2002, 11:41 AM
I created a thread at a certain forums talking about what Microsoft/Nintendo could do with their next systems to possibly take down the PS3.

Obviously many people there is saying that the PS3 would win the next console war just because it established a good fanbase with the PSX and PS2. I keep reffering them back with the N64 where they were expected to be #1 because they established a good fanbase with the NES and SNES and the N64 was still beaten.

Many people who is replying to that thread just believes that there would never be a better console then a Sony one.

So I need you to go there ---> http://forums.xengamers.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64677

Read my theory, and reply. Please. Don't go there bashing the PS2/PS3 but go there and help me and back me up.

No Fear 23
12-28-2002, 11:55 AM
i cant get in the link, i have to register and i dont want to register

sorry

Draco-COHR
12-28-2002, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by irule23

sorry

:confused:

Cloud Strife
12-28-2002, 02:02 PM
I remember seeing an article a while ago about how Microsoft offered to buy Nintendo. NOA was about to accept it but Nintendo old president refused. Microosft was going to pay Nintendo $30 Billion to cancel the Gamecube and help them with Xbox.

BCan
12-30-2002, 06:27 AM
There were a few reasons why the N64 failed commercially, namely the use of cartridges was the start.

Even if it did have the better graphics, the inability for the N64 to have games copied, legally or illegally seems to have been a disincentive to buy it. Plus with Mario as the flagship, it made the console still appear to be a childrens toy...

There is more than just a good system, timing is everything. The PS2 had a good launch time, when it got the jump over the N64. The competition against it was weak at the time, so everyone looking for a console got a PS2...

Not until recently have stores even started to push the XBOX as the better alternative, they were still pushing people to the Ps2 due to the cheaper, older games that people could get...

Not a simple reasoning to why a console will or won't work...

Insane Jester
12-30-2002, 10:22 AM
the box has the power of the ps3 anyway so by the time ps3 hits the shelfs we will have are xbox 2 which will still blow any console out of the water ... hehe (evil type laugh)

VeNoMiZA
12-30-2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by irule23

sorry :confused: im not in the mood to register else where sorry :(

AlBoogy
12-30-2002, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by VeNoMiZA
:confused: im not in the mood to register else where sorry :(

I second that. Fight your own battles buddy!

rio2012
12-30-2002, 11:21 AM
Hey....Didn't Sony try to team up with nitendo too and didn't Sony ask microsoft to develop software for the PS2 and now I find out that microsoft tried to team up the nintendo !!

I feal like I'm watching a video game soap oprea or something. :rolleyes: LOL, did I say that. :D