PDA

View Full Version : Thinking is Hard

HardcoHustla666
12-28-2002, 04:19 PM
I just wanted to kno has anyone beat Splinter Cell without any help, you just thought ur whole way through? Cuz if u have i just want to congratulate you because you have to be a genius to beat this game without using anything i have the strategy guide and i still get stuck haha, but this game is truly worth getting.

Arrix
12-28-2002, 04:47 PM
yah i just got it for christmas pretty challengeing.

KnightX
01-03-2003, 07:52 AM
It wasn't the puzzles that held me up - it was the occasional where the heck am I supposed to go and Fisher's fighting skills (or lack of). So many times when I would get to a point and I had to simply sneak up behind a guy and grab him, I would botch it up and he'd hear me. And of course, Fisher's gotta do 2 SLOW hits to knock him down when he's facing you. And that's plenty of time for him to shoot you a bit - prompting me to reload the dang checkpoint...

But yeah, I got through it without the strategy guide or hints and tips. Today I was in EB and I picked up the strategy guide to see if there were any secrets or hidden stuff - and I noticed that some of the "suggested techniques" were a lot different from what I had done. I remember going out of my way to split jump above a guy so I could drop down on him (I felt I didn't get to do that enough in the game).