PDA

View Full Version : Games Supporting 16:9 Widescreen?

dcsatt
12-28-2002, 04:57 PM
Which games currently support it? I thought that UC did, but it still looks "stretched."
I have the dashboard set for widescreen and 420p, 720p, and 1080i.

Is there something I'm missing? Do I need to adjust a setting on the games themselves?
TIA :)

LynxFX
12-28-2002, 06:14 PM
Unreal Championship does support widescreen. I personally haven't played it so I'm not sure if there is a specific setting you have to do in the game itself. I'm pretty sure you don't since no other game I've played that has supported 16x9 required that.

As for a current list, just look at my sig or go here. (http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=100055)

Unreal
12-28-2002, 06:56 PM
Unreal Championship does support Widescreen and HDTV's. I love the game because of it. The game looks amazing on my TV.

Cloud Strife
12-28-2002, 07:00 PM
I thought Dead or Alive 3 supported that. I thought I saw TI playing the game on widescreen.

LynxFX
12-28-2002, 07:25 PM
DOA3 does support widescreen. Where do you see that it says it doesn't?

BTW, UC only supports 480p, so it is not HD.

dcsatt
12-29-2002, 11:30 AM
Lynxfx,
Thanks for the list, however, it's hit and miss for me. NFL 2k3 absolutely supports widescreen. I've discovered that in game is widescreen but some cut scenes, movies, and player photos do not. However, Nightfire is definitely stretched. UC looks odd. If I switch to 4:3, there is squeeze (the reticle looks oval -- pinched from the sides), but in 16:9 it looks *slightly* stretched.

Those are the only games I have on the list. So -- Nightfire is the one that I know for sure is not 16:9 (on my screen), and UC is probably okay...the "stretch" is not pronounced -- so it's probably my imagination.